More,more You Can't Ever Give Enough

junior

Oct 26, 2005
More and more Amt's in which I have worked with for more than 10 yrs. are already to give up more money or what ever it takes to keep AMR afloat. I am sickened to know what a bunch of sissy's I am working with. I mean people we got to get it togeather, here all mgt. has to do is put a few articles out there and scare the pants off everyone for a few months and here come the talks! I work at a main. base and I see every day the inapproiation of monies that came off our backs and tables. I mean do we really have to spend money to replace seats on our planes because they might look a little better or lay flat, people don't care all they want is a cheap seat to there destination. Another favorite one of mine is American likes to hire these firms to come inn and tell them what we are doing wrong how about put the money away and come down to the floors and ramps and hangers and talk to the people that make it happen every day!! As far as the seats and interiors go if it ain't broke don't fix it, or waste money on it.

Things that make you go hmmmm.
Compare how much our total compensation is to United Bankrupt Airlines total compensation and then tell me who is over/under paid
-American is now taking in contract work at its overhaul bases to suppliment the cost is this ever broght up in any articles in the news paper or on the news?

I mean do we really have to spend money to replace seats on our planes because they might look a little better or lay flat, people don't care all they want is a cheap seat to there destination.

Passengers who pay for J or F only care about the price? Maybe in coach they do, but AA's J seats on the 777s and 763s are clearly deficient from a competitive standpoint.

I personally like the coffins on the 777s but plenty of people who actually pay First Class fares are really pissed when they find that their flight doesn't feature Flagship Suites. Whining about that capital investment (which is required to retain those passengers) is wasted effort.

More and more Amt's in which I have worked with for more than 10 yrs. are already to give up more money or what ever it takes to keep AMR afloat. I am sickened to know what a bunch of sissy's I am working with. I mean people we got to get it togeather, here all mgt. has to do is put a few articles out there and scare the pants off everyone for a few months and here come the talks! I work at a main. base . . .

Well, line mechanics living in higher-cost locales than TUL, MCI or the metroplex see you guys as overpaid and themselves as underpaid. And there's a lot of truth to that. No wonder your co-workers are "already to give up more money." They realize that even after the concessions, they are highly paid for where they live. It would not be unreasonable for guys like Mr Owens to make at least 50% more than the guys at the maintenance bases. After all, NYC is a very expensive place to live. So is LAX and SFO and BOS, etc.

-American is now taking in contract work at its overhaul bases to suppliment the cost is this ever broght up in any articles in the news paper or on the news?

The effort to bring in additonal contract maintenance revenue of $500 million in TUL (in combination with lower costs) is mentioned plenty in the media and here on this forum. The other day AA announced that it has achieved about 40% of the goal, in fact:

As for aircraft maintenance, which can be so cost-intensive that many airlines have outsourced it, American is making progress toward a goal set in March of making its repair operations profitable.

American has attained close to $200 million in cost savings and increases in productivity and revenue at its top maintenance base in Tulsa, Oklahoma, said Bob Reding, senior vice president for technical operations, moving closer to a target of $500 million by the end of 2006.

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuoteCompa...11470962_newsml

If EVER, ANYONE ever wondered WHY, AA relocated to DFW/TUL, from NY, now you know why !!

I've said it before, and I'll keep on sayin' it;
(In almost every case),

" There is NO such thing as a true UNION Man/Woman, west of the Mississippi, or south of the Mason/Dixon line" !!

(The Longshoremen on the west coast, and Boeing in Seattle...EXCLUDED) !!

NH/BB's

If EVER, ANYONE ever wondered WHY, AA relocated to DFW/TUL, from NY, now you know why !!

(In almost every case),

" There is NO such thing as a true UNION Man/Woman, west of the Mississippi, or south of the Mason/Dixon line" !!

NH/BB's

Just look at Delta. The Kool-Aid drinkin', I believe everything management tells us employees.

(In almost every case),

NH/BB's

Hey, what about the forced transplants? :p :p

(In almost every case),

NH/BB's

Cant say I agree with you there. What about the Coal miners at Matewan?

How about Ludlow, Haymarket, the Seattle General Strike etc?

Lets not forget that NH isnt exactly all that Labor Friendly either. Its like a little bit of Dixie transplanted up North!

Bears, how do you explain WN's heavy unionization? They barely existed north of the Mason/Dixon or east of the Mississippi up until about 15 years ago.

Seems to me there was also a fairly strong meatpackers union presence in Omaha and Kansas City.

(In almost every case),

NH/BB's

I believe the west coast mechs would be counted as union men if their vote were not nullified by TUL.

NHBB,

I think there are several thousand UMWA Members in West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky and Alabama that would love to have a retiree from a highly respected organization like the TWU come down and tell them what it's like to be a "real Union Man/Woman".

More and more Amt's in which I have worked with for more than 10 yrs. are already to give up more money or what ever it takes to keep AMR afloat. I am sickened to know what a bunch of sissy's I am working with. I mean people we got to get it togeather, here all mgt. has to do is put a few articles out there and scare the pants off everyone for a few months and here come the talks! I work at a main. base and I see every day the inapproiation of monies that came off our backs and tables. I mean do we really have to spend money to replace seats on our planes because they might look a little better or lay flat, people don't care all they want is a cheap seat to there destination. Another favorite one of mine is American likes to hire these firms to come inn and tell them what we are doing wrong how about put the money away and come down to the floors and ramps and hangers and talk to the people that make it happen every day!! As far as the seats and interiors go if it ain't broke don't fix it, or waste money on it.

Compare how much our total compensation is to United Bankrupt Airlines total compensation and then tell me who is over/under paid

In total compensation AA's AMT's are better compensated that UAL's. People have a tendancy to foget to put retirement into the equation. When you look a the fact that UAL's ESOP, a compensation in lue of pay, is now worthless and that their retirement has been handed over to the PBGC. Their retirement is now worth much less than it was before. In other words there going to have to work much longer than they thought they were.

AS far as the seats and interiors go I believe that AA is putting most of their effort into the 767 and 777. Since we are competing with international carriers that have a better product and not LCC's money spent on upgrading the product is well spent.

In total compensation AA's AMT's are better compensated that UAL's. People have a tendancy to foget to put retirement into the equation.
And people forget that the workrules, holiday pay, OT, sick pay, etc,etc,etc, are much worse at AA and have been for a number of years. One example, the rest of the industry works 3.5 hours for 4 hours of OT, not at AA, 4 for 4 and has been that way for a long time. We have been one big concession since 1983 and the rest of the industry is finally catching up. With that said, it will take years if not decades for an AAer to catch up in terms of total compensation what other airlines have already banked over the past 22 years of our givebacks.

In other words there going to have to work much longer than they thought they were.

Smarten up hammer head
:blink:
With all the give backs we gave I will have to work a lot longer also.
My 20 percent contribution to my 401 is now 3 percent. Thanks to the 17.5 percent cash back award to AArogant Airlines
:shock:

AS far as the seats and interiors go I believe that AA is putting most of their effort into the 767 and 777. Since we are competing with international carriers that have a better product and not LCC's money spent on upgrading the product is well spent.

Exactly! 777 fixer for President of AMR!

Too often, even Arpey (and Carty before him) lose sight of the true competition: Most of the time, it is UAL or DL or CO or NW. Sometimes the competition consists of WN or B6, but not all the time.

Ya' can't win if you don't realize just who you're competing with.

AA needs some nonfrequent flyers to fill up the back of its long-haul flights, but it doesn't need ALL the nonfrequent domestic flyers. Leave the toothless trailer trash wife-beater wearin' smelly drunks for WN where they can appear on the next episode of Airline. Leave the infrequent flying TV addicted metrosexuals for B6 where they fit in just perfectly.

What AA needs is to compete by attracting some of the higher-paying passengers from UAL and DL and CO and NW. Given the huge revenue increases this past quarter, AA may actually be suceeding.