Do You Think The Pilots Have To Give More?

Some news sources think U may need more money. The only group left with anything to give is the pil

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pitguy

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I have been reading the posts and some news articles that suggest that U may still not make it. That even counts all of the cuts that have been given. It appears to me that the only group that may be able to give about 25% or so more in pay is the pilot group. They are the only group left on the property that have anything left of a job. Everyone else is at such a level of compensation it would be tough to call it a career and hence may not be able to give anymore. So basically if it needs still more money to save U then the pilots are going to have to do it alone. Otherwise the whole place goes out of business.

Sad to say, but they could all work for the same wages as the mechanics and it is highly unlikely that USAir would survive.

The pilots could fly for free and USAir's success is not assured.

Check out just how fast yield and RASM is falling in Q4. Won't really make any difference how high or low wages are if revenue doesn't cover fuel and rent.

I understand what you are saying and that is one reason why I feel there is no time and the pilot group needs to come forward and swallow another 25% cut ASAP.

pitguy said:
I understand what you are saying and that is one reason why I feel there is no time and the pilot group needs to come forward and swallow another 25% cut ASAP.
[post="244640"][/post]​

ESAD. You don't even work here anymore. You got no dog in this fight. The only reason you posted this was to stir up strife. Crawl back under your rock.

A320 Driver B)

I am free to post here. Ask Scot if you do not believe me. I just hate to see all of these concessions given in vain and want to see U turn around. I am not saying to give the money, but I think you ought to think about it. I feel it will make the difference between U making it and not. Which would be worse as it is better for an employed pilot to find a job rather than an unemployed pilot looking for a job. There is no other place to get the much needed money but another cash give back by the pilot group.

--Actually the cut may need to be more than 25%.

If I had voted, it would have been "No". But that's only because the company is already taking extra millions a year through imaginative interpretation of the agreement....

Jim

A320 Driver said:
ESAD. You don't even work here anymore. You got no dog in this fight. The only reason you posted this was to stir up strife. Crawl back under your rock.

A320 Driver B)
[post="244644"][/post]​

You should talk! Of all people with the crap you spewed on this board over the years.

What is a matter fly boy, choking on the truth or what.

Love Curt---- Not there and posting my heart out regardless of what you or anyone thinks. PUBLIC FORUM just follow the rules. Telling truth is allowed.

A320 Driver Posted: Apr 28 2004, 01:07 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 534

...It was a bigger mistake for me ...For my part in this, I am ... sorry... I have no knowledge or clue...

I'm placing myself in the cornfield for good. You folks have at it. I've had enough.

Over and out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought you left for good A320 Driver!

No matter what you say or think I have not once failed to keep a promise!

ALPA needs to go to the company and offer at least 25% now!

Fact remains the U pilots make way more than Jet Blue pilots and U will be unable to compete until they reduce their wages. U did not go far enough with the cuts when they cut the quick deal with ALPA and now they will have no choice but to go back. To not do it would be grave!

--Pilots will be responsible for thousands of unemployed workers and the death of U.

pitguy said:
No matter what you say or think I have not once failed to keep a promise!

Yeah, you're pure as the driven snow. Scuse me while I ralph. Why don't you admit it. You just posted here trying to get a rise out of the pilots and cause hard feelings.

Another gutless wonder.

A320 Driver B)

"Fact remains the U pilots make way more than Jet Blue pilots".

You must be looking at a payscale that I have not seen!

Dizel8,
I did not say pay scale. What I said was the U pilots make more $$$ on average than Jet Blues pilots and that puts U at a disadvantage.

And for A320 Driver I reply....The facts are what the facts are....

1- U appears it still will not make it.
1- About the only area one can readily cut is the pilot wage.

I must be missing something, get paid less, yet make more. Hmm, must be a Reagonomics thing.

Why should only the pilots give more? If this is to be fair and equitable, the pilots have given up more than any one else on the property, yet you want more. Now being the curious kind, how much do you think the pilots should make, 80K, 60K?

Dizel8 said:
I must be missing something, get paid less, yet make more. Hmm, must be a Reagonomics thing.

Why should only the pilots give more? If this is to be fair and equitable, the pilots have given up more than any one else on the property, yet you want more. Now being the curious kind, how much do you think the pilots should make, 80K, 60K?
[post="244678"][/post]​

Don't take him too serious. He USED to work here in maintenance, but he quit for another job. He just comes here to rattle a few cages and stir people up.

A320 Driver B)