More,more You Can't Ever Give Enough

<_< Do I put money aside? I'm putting over 25% of my pay aside! But then again I'm saving for my retirement also! Not that I expect a whole lot from american! Our aa retirement started a year after the buyout.So if our retirement holds? I'll have four, or five years behind me!!! As for not having much fath in the system! I can relate to that, but what should we all do? Give up! Stick our head in the sand? If something comes down that you really don't like, let people know about it!!! You may find others who agree, and at least #### a little!!! You never know, maybe someone will hear you that can do something about it!!!

Well then by AMFAMANS definition that makes you a "sellout". You had better stop putting that money away.
:)

Well then by AMFAMANS definition that makes you a "sellout". You had better stop putting that money away.
:)
From the tone of the post that brought this on, it sounded like a concession speech of the pension. If I misinterpeted it, I do apoligize for the "sellout" tag. :oops:
With that said, I do see the same line of thought from fellow employees on many things on the job. Working of OT, people conceeding the jobs of those layed off and justifying their working of OT. The pension is one they already conceded without a fight and justifies other "I Got Mine" acts they will do. What I'm getting at it that I'm not ready to concede anything without a fight. As far as money, you better have a savings just in case we ever get our own union and strike this airline.

Oh, we have a potential MBA man here to join the ranks of greedy management. That explains the anti worker position. It's ok for the upper management to make decent compensation, but not the lowly worker!

No, I'm already in the greedy ranks of management. My "anti-worker" position is based on having starting out as an agent, and watching a fair percentage of the union workers milk as much from the company as their contract would allow them to.

And no, if jealousy of the union contracts was the case, I could have easily transfered into fleet service decades ago.

But, you're wasting your money getting this MBA. You don't need it!
All one has to do to manage and run a company is just LAYOFF EMPLOYEES, AND CUT THE REMAINING ONES' WAGES AND BENEFITS!

It's far from wasted money.

Without a doubt, the return on investment from getting an MBA is many times more than what seniority will get someone who sticks around AMR. Then again, leaving AMR and getting a 20% raise (or more) is several time what seniority will be getting people at AMR for several years to come.

The funny part is after having spent as many years at AMR as I have, it's pretty easy to get thru a MBA program, especially compared to the kids who might have worked a year or two since getting their undergrad degrees.

From the tone of the post that brought this on, it sounded like a concession speech of the pension. If I misinterpeted it, I do apoligize for the "sellout" tag. :oops:
With that said, I do see the same line of thought from fellow employees on many things on the job. Working of OT, people conceeding the jobs of those layed off and justifying their working of OT. The pension is one they already conceded without a fight and justifies other "I Got Mine" acts they will do. What I'm getting at it that I'm not ready to concede anything without a fight. As far as money, you better have a savings just in case we ever get our own union and strike this airline.
<_< OT??? What the hell is that??? We haven't seen any in the last year at least! Not that anyone would work it if offered! With all our people going out the door! But us redheaded step children just haven't been offered!!! In fact here at MCI it is commen knowledge that under no circumstances will OT be offered, or worked period!!! We're still fighting the "be glad your still here" syndrum!! We requist tooling from TUL to change out 767 main gears! TUL refusses to release it! Same for AFW!!! So we say "screw it" and use 2x4s, etc. and get the job done without them!!! We're working a string of 757s! For safty reasons we requisted the old 757 wing stands that were hald off from TWA at LAX! Told they can't find them, and aa can't aford new ones because they just bought AFW a new set!!! So we open wing panels from laders!!!! So you wonder why I may have an "redheaded step child" complex??? Hope no one gets hurt opening those panels!! It would make for one hellva law suit!!! Seeing it's documented and all!!! ;) See AMFAman! At least I can #### about it!!!!Will it do any good? I doubt it!!!!!!

Yes you did misinterpret and yes I accept your apology. I also apologize for calling you a fool. I'm just guessing but I take it you also put money aside for your retirement. Smart thing to do in this industry.

Let me assure you that it was no concession speech. I'm just one of those glass half empty kind of guys who's talked to enough ex Pan Am and Eastern employees. I also look at it this way. The more money I save now the earlier I can retire. Lets face it, if you had a choice between retireing from this racket earlier or latter which would you choose. I think we have seen enough old timers shuffling to the time clock becasue they did not plan well for retirement to know the answer to that question.

Yes you did misinterpret and yes I accept your apology. I also apologize for calling you a fool. I'm just guessing but I take it you also put money aside for your retirement. Smart thing to do in this industry.

Let me assure you that it was no concession speech. I'm just one of those glass half empty kind of guys who's talked to enough ex Pan Am and Eastern employees. I also look at it this way. The more money I save now the earlier I can retire. Lets face it, if you had a choice between retireing from this racket earlier or latter which would you choose. I think we have seen enough old timers shuffling to the time clock becasue they did not plan well for retirement to know the answer to that question.
<_< 777-------Just a little defence for those ol'timers, me being one of them! Sometimes life isn't all that simple! The best of plans can blow up in your face! Maybe those ol'timers put four children through collage!Who could have planed for an Pan Am, or Eastern, or TWA for that matter! Who could have planed for a ten year freeze of your pay, or retirement? Who could have planed for a Lerenzo, or Carl Ichon??? You say you live in a big City were realestate values are high! What happens if that bubble breaks??? Has in the past!!! So yes if you can, save as much as posible!!!And if you can retire early? God Bless you!!! But don't point fingures!!!!!

Nope. My starting wage in the mid sixties was just over three dollah. That was NOT overpaid. What ever gave you that idea? I had friends who were garage mechanics and cooks who made more than I did. I even took a pay cut to work at AA.

FM is just blowing smoke, again. The fact is we were never "overpaid", even during the regulated era airlines competed, some made it, some didnt. People forget that airlines failed during the regulated era too.

According to Al Blackman, someone who would know since he has seen a lot in his 63 years working in this industry, thats right 63 years working, we are getting less now (adjusted for inflation) than when he started.

So tell us FM how many years do you have in the industry and do you have any figures to back up your claims?

People who travel business at my other job ask me when aa is going to replace the 80. Beyond the fare people really do care about the 'niceness' of a newer plane. With all the iron being pushed by boeing and airbus does aa intend to replace the super 80 fleet. I think the 717 would have been an obvious deal since there wasn't much interest out there. Or is aa going to go all 737's?

The plan was for the 737 to replace the 80. I am sure it still is, just not any time soon. I bet we become the next NWA when it comes to the 80 and we fly them forever. We have close to 350 of them if my memory is correct. There isn't anyone in the world who would pay a reasonable price to AA to convince them to sell them. Plus no one would want anywhere near enough of them to make it worthwhile. We can only hope. Plus the rumor around on the property is that AA is considering re-engining them so they are more fuel effecient.

Latest posts