More pilot recalls coming!

===========================================================

Actually Sir, only active pilots are authorized access to the WebBoards. Furloughed and retired pilots were apparently causing too much ruckus and have been excluded.

I cannot even get my calls returned and I am on LTD. Pitiful, and shame on you guys that I have known for years.
Actually, only retirees have been cut off, call the MEC office if you don't have access and they will hook you back up.

Actually, only retirees have been cut off, call the MEC office if you don't have access and they will hook you back up.

I agree. I am furloughed and I still have access. I do think that some of our pilots that went to other carriers under J4J were cut off. But they were re-instated after they made a call... Call ALPA and they will let you back on if you're a furloughed pilot...

I agree. I am furloughed and I still have access. I do think that some of our pilots that went to other carriers under J4J were cut off. But they were re-instated after they made a call... Call ALPA and they will let you back on if you're a furloughed pilot...

Still generally unable to access the boards if you're flying for a competing carrier. I spoke with someone moments ago so this is accurate. She is going to ask the Comm chairman if I may be allowed access as it is evidently done on a job-by-job basis. She did indicate that she would email me a copy of Letter 93 (is this the all encompassing current contract or do I need more?), so we'll see.

Still generally unable to access the boards if you're flying for a competing carrier. I spoke with someone moments ago so this is accurate. She is going to ask the Comm chairman if I may be allowed access as it is evidently done on a job-by-job basis. She did indicate that she would email me a copy of Letter 93 (is this the all encompassing current contract or do I need more?), so we'll see.

I would ask for the transition aggreement,the last contract both east and west, and the most current seniority list and if they have it, the latest edition of Sports Illustrated(swimsuit edition).

Good Luck!

Still generally unable to access the boards if you're flying for a competing carrier. I spoke with someone moments ago so this is accurate.
That's funny, there are guys on there that work for JBlue, Southwest, Spirit, Cathay, and a few others. Last I heard, we compete directly with 3 of those carriers.

That's funny, there are guys on there that work for JBlue, Southwest, Spirit, Cathay, and a few others. Last I heard, we compete directly with 3 of those carriers.

Like I said, evidently approval is sometimes granted depending on the airline one works for now. I think the major issue is with other ALPA carriers and website access issues between the two.

Cuting off the retirees I imagine was an easy thing after taking their retirement...

As a fuloughee I still have account and check back in once a year arround holloween to see the goblins and witches.

A recal to Airways would blow. You could not afford to live on the pay scales they have now unless you took up dealing in PHL...

Cuting off the retirees I imagine was an easy thing after taking their retirement...

As a fuloughee I still have account and check back in once a year arround holloween to see the goblins and witches.
A recal to Airways would blow. You could not afford to live on the pay scales they have now unless you took up dealing in PHL...
You couldn't afford to live on $120,000 a year? That's what our lowest pilot gets, and that's at only 80 hours a month. You would just have to adjust accordingly, like the rest of us. We could help you, give you advice and stuff.

You couldn't afford to live on $120,000 a year? That's what our lowest pilot gets, and that's at only 80 hours a month.
While your sentiment is sincere - we make more than the majority of employees - your numbers are off.

$120K is about what a 737/A320 Captain makes a year at 80 hours a month. The guy/gal in the right seat of those planes would make about $80K/year flying those 80 hours/month.

When the E190's start flying, the guy/gal in the right seat will be making about $50K.

Of course, reserves would be lower if they didn't get 80 hours/month.

Jim

Jim,

Looks like a 3 year furloughee recalled to a Group II airplane will get around $62 per hour. 76 hour guarantee is $4712 per month or $56544 per year.

Take taxes out of that and there's a takehome of around $42,000.

If it was $80,000/yr I think it would be a much easier decision for most of us to make. I won't speak for everyone but, for me, $42,000 is a pretty significant paycut. Since over the last 5 years we've had to relocate to find post-USAir employment, I'd have to add the cost of commuting into that equation as well (at least until we could relocate again). So i'd have to factor in crashpad and transportation from that $42,000.

So why consider it at all? Because even though the top-end pay is significantly lower than it was in 1999, it's still more than I could earn with my present employer over the course of a career. So, as with most gambles, I have to decide if (when the call comes) the risk is worth the reward.

By the way, I dont know if the numbers are accurate or not, but airlinepilotpay.com shows $46 per hour as E190 3rd year pay. So accept a recall to that airplane with a 76 hour guarantee and you're looking at around $33,000 per year after taxes.

Normally I wouldn't jump in - but I thought that your $60,000/yr figure was a little bit high for those of us hired after 1999.

Regards,
FurloughedAgain

You're right - I'm guilty of thinking only of the present (or very near future). I was using TOS pay for the group II since no one is currently making less than that, and assuming (maybe wrongly) that those initially recalled to the E190 right seat would have enough longevity to be on the highest step of the pay scale the transition agreement allows.

At some point, those recalled will indeed be making less than the 50K I mentioned, including eventual new hires who will be making much less no matter which equipment they fly - at least their first year.

Jim

I know this has nothing to do with the pilots...but try $19,000 a year, as a f/a. I am applying for food stamps. I actually qualify..hmmm maybe the media would like to know about this.

I know this has nothing to do with the pilots...but try $19,000 a year, as a f/a. I am applying for food stamps. I actually qualify..hmmm maybe the media would like to know about this.

xoxo,
No offense, but you took the job knowing the pay scale. That doesn't make it right; but you and only you made that choice. Sounds like it's time for the stews to take it to the mattresses (for you sickos thinking something else that's Godfather style)

Later,
Eye

xoxo,
No offense, but you took the job knowing the pay scale. That doesn't make it right; but you and only you made that choice. Sounds like it's time for the stews to take it to the mattresses (for you sickos thinking something else that's Godfather style)

Later,
Eye

No offense EyeInTheSky, but isn't it time to change that avatar? Kind of old news considering....

Latest posts

Back