More res layoffs bakc to April 98 ....

noname

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Do you know how many agents that would be? It seems that only a few that have been hired in the last 4 years stay more than a year or two.

Wondering does this mean another rebid..ugh...trying to plan for the holidays...it's getting a little crazy...time to buckle up and enjoy the ride..here we go again...

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/30/2002 4:55:25 PM Res wrote:

Please tell us someday things will get better....
----------------
[/blockquote]

Don't worry we still *want* to fly US, as much as your management sometimes tries to discourage us.

Things will get better, just hang in there.

pitrescsd
Sorry to hear that you are in the latest group. I hope that it turns out to be a blessing in disguise for you. There are just way too many of us that have invested 20-30+ years and are hoping that we find a way out of the mess that we are now in.
Best of luck to you!
Noname

[P]Well, I just found out today that I'm on the chopping block now. I heard up to 240 additional res layoffs effective Dec 6, 2002. It's been nice knowing you all.[/P]
[P]pitrescsd[/P]
[P] [/P]
7.gif']

Layoffs-info,

Reservations effective Dec 6
224 ft
15 pt

37 total from mco
125 total from pit
77 total from int

Nov 6 vol furl. papers
Nov 7 list of furlough will be sent to directors
Nov 8 notified of furlough

Nov 14 new bid scheduled posted
Nov 21 bids due
Nov 22 new schedules awarded
Dec 6 date of furlough
Dec 9 new schedule

on 12/6
Pit club will loose 4 ft

Lga 1 ft 1pt in the club

[P][FONT size=4]We are all just rearanging the deck chairs on the Titanic. [/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT size=4][/FONT] [/P]
[P][FONT size=4][/FONT] [/P]
[P][FONT size=4]One day someone will make a movie about us air. just like they did tucker and his car.... [/FONT][/P]
[P] [/P]

Can't believe US moved and transferred employees that have worked only in their new location for about 1 1/2 years...it just leaves me speechless...these people uprooted from the West coast to various locations...only now to be told no job...I realize the economy is unstable...although talk about sad situations.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/31/2002 1:42:57 AM Res wrote:
[P]Can't believe US moved and transferred employees that have worked only in their new location for about 1 1/2 years...it just leaves me speechless...these people uprooted from the West coast to various locations...only now to be told no job...I realize the economy is unstable...although talk about sad situations.[/P]
[P]----------------[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P][FONT face=Arial Narrow][FONT face=System]I find it hard to believe that a lot of people with less than 3 1/2 years invested, and at a 3 1/2 yr level payscale( assuming they go back to APR 98 for current furloughs), actually chose to transfer this past year, especially under the chaotic and uncertain conditions[/FONT] [FONT face=System]that have existed for a couple of years now[/FONT]. [/FONT][/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]

I couldn't believe we even had employees hired in the past 3yrs! Considering the ATO furloughs have been going back to 1985.

Why don't they at least wait until after Xmas to
make the cuts in res??? I feel sorry for the agents that are remaining. Taking into account the pressure they'e under to get the caller off
the line now, can you imagine what it'll be like when the cuts take effect? Service will sink even further below the cesspool.