Most Difficult Non-Rev Routes

redheadtempe33

Advanced
Feb 26, 2009
On a non labor related note ...

What routes do you find to be the most difficult to non-rev? I hope we can leave out labor and capacity decisions out of the discussion.

I'll start with two:

PIT-PHL (don't have to fly it myself, but I have seen the loads, which will probably get even worse when SW stops flying the route).

DEN-PHX (United keeps taking seats at the last second for their passengers - which is good for US on the whole, but still annoying as hell). Oddly, PHX-DEN isn't nearly as bad.

*US Powers That Be - feel free to message me if you don't want load factors discussed. I think it it fairly harmless if percentages aren't discussed but ...

SEA - PHX has historically been one of the worst on the West.

PHX - LAS on TH, FR, is impossible. Sat used to be pretty doable but that has become iffy and reverse that on Sun, Mon.

On a non labor related note ...

What routes do you find to be the most difficult to non-rev? I hope we can leave out labor and capacity decisions out of the discussion.

I'll start with two:

PIT-PHL (don't have to fly it myself, but I have seen the loads, which will probably get even worse when SW stops flying the route).

DEN-PHX (United keeps taking seats at the last second for their passengers - which is good for US on the whole, but still annoying as hell). Oddly, PHX-DEN isn't nearly as bad.

How about PIT-CLT? Especially after a home Steelers football game.

SEA - PHX has historically been one of the worst on the West.

PHX - LAS on TH, FR, is impossible. Sat used to be pretty doable but that has become iffy and reverse that on Sun, Mon.

How about PIT-CLT? Especially after a home Steelers football game.

Thank you for the input! I've frequently heard Vegas referred to as a non-rev "black hole" but didn't know that about SEA. Also, thanks ExPit for the tip about Steelers games (I am guessing a lot of native PIT people based in CLT coming back for games?). For a non-PIT person, I wouldn't have thought about it.

BWI-CLT looks fairly ugly as well (tomorrow, a Tuesday no less). 8 mainline flights and most are full.

CLT-PHX, vv. I don't think I've ever made it on one of those flights. The redeyes are especially bad, it's not uncommon to have 20-30 nonrevs listed and the flight waaaay oversold. PHX-LAS has been pretty good lately all days of the week, but there are definitely certain times of the year when you avoid those flights.

I doubt you will see a mass exodus of flight attendants to CLT that currently do the PIT-PHL-PIT commute. In a pinch you can drive, take megabus, Amtrak and even Greyhound in a pinch. You can rent a car and still be in PIT or PHL in five hours vs. the six or seven to CLT. We are dealing with a group that has taken their base closure very hard and to some personal, do you think they are going to cross state lines to commute? Never happen. You have CLT that is filled on any given day with space positive pilots/flight attendants going to and from training. PHL also has a lot more commutable (whatever mode they use to commute) Int'l trips. The PIT-PHL-PIT commute will become harder but won't be the end of the world for many. Once WN pulls out and US raises fares I doubt you'll see the same folks flyiing between the two cities after US is finished matching fares. Of course US will probably cut frequency. HAHA Not a joke but seriously, think like management.

SAN-PHX
PHX-SAN
Sometimes iffy

Its a weird route, either completely full or empty. I flew on it a few weeks ago, full going out, but everyone made it, coming home was empty.

A month ago when SD was Zonie-ville, it was full. Saturdays tend to be empty.

Latest posts

Back