My Holiday Season Wish

All problems point to TEMPE, I'll be the first to tell the passengers about our lousy management. There is no ranting it's just the truth. "You can't handle the truth" Have a happy thanksgiving.

And you started the day after? :lol: :lol: :lol: jk

I'm not very senior either---just thought your comment was funny.

Well if last year equals yersterday, relatively I'd be a couple months... :)

My airline careeer goes back beyond US Airways, but the thread is not about my poor choice of coming here. Either way, there was no Amateur West in sight. This poster was trying to infer that he was happily chugging along at HP when evil USAir came along, when his other posts read quite differently.

Oh no...poor little munchkins in the ho chi minh castle...evil evil US Air is coming to invade Amateur West's lands to pillage the gold and glory...

''townsfolk robbed...sheriff killed...cattle raped...'' Blazin Saddles

(Note: I have nothing aganist the hard working professionals of America West but if you make more than what a 25 yr old FA or Pilot makes and you have an office in PHX overlooking the Rio...shame on YOU and shame on Douglass Parker)

All problems point to TEMPE, I'll be the first to tell the passengers about our lousy management. There is no ranting it's just the truth. "You can't handle the truth" Have a happy thanksgiving.

When you go to McDonalds, does the girl at the counter unload on you about how screwed up the manager is? She can resist the desire to air her employer's dirty laundry, why can't a professional pilot or flight attendant?

Honey, didn't you start, like, yesterday?

Just a quick look at your posts shows us you were hired by America West in 2005, before the merger, and went to class in March 2006, after the merger. So it sure looks to me like you CHOSE America West (why... all the real airlines were hiring). You also willingly went to training after the merger, by the looks of it the first post merger class with all the east MDA F/As. You also mentioned your hometown is Pittsburgh, and your first flight was on Allegheny and you saved the napkin, and you couldn't wait to fly with everyone.

Sure sounds like YOU chose US Airways.

All of the above is true. In fact, the only reasons I went to work at America's Worst were:

1. Great vacation bene's (which I hope we do not lose)
2. Based in PHX which is very close to where I have lived the last 11 years, SAN (which I happen to like and do not want to leave).
3. FCFS nonrev travel (which is now gone)
4. FCFS trip drop and pick up (which we will probably lose)

I was floored when the US merger was announced. There is a lot of potential in our route map and in our people (both east and west) however the current management team does not have our long term futures or success in mind, they simply care about making a quick buck. Which, IIRC, is really what has defined management at US for years.

The reality is I really cannot wait to work with most folks out east because contrary to the crap I read on these boards everyone I have met has been really professional and friendly ... except for a recent PIT crew but I would be b1tchy too if my base were being shuttered. I guess it chaps my hide to constantly read crap about "west employees" when in fact, I am a west employee and am pretty damn good at my job. There are some bad ones out here, some utter embarrassments to be exact, but for the most part, the group is pretty darn at doing the best they can with the minimal tools we are given.

And, by the way, we do have a few pilots that feel the need to make "comments" during their PA's. They are an embarrassment to us. But a few idiots should not cloud your judgement of the entire work group.

And, by the way, we do have a few pilots that feel the need to make "comments" during their PA's. They are an embarrassment to us. But a few idiots should not cloud your judgement of the entire work group.
=============================================================

A recent CLT flight:

"Welcome aboard flight x of US Airways, owned and operated by America West Airlines."

Nice. Real professional, boys. The entire first class cabin of CLT FF started buzzing about who bought whom.

=============================================================

A recent CLT flight:

"Welcome aboard flight x of US Airways, owned and operated by America West Airlines."

Nice. Real professional, boys. The entire first class cabin of CLT FF started buzzing about who bought whom.

Have you thought that perhaps that announcement was required?

Have you thought that perhaps that announcement was required?
===================================================

Yes I have.

119.9 only states that if using a dba that name must be included within company OPSPECS (FAA authorizations). It was while the AWA Certificate existed--dba as US Airways.

121.571 covers the departure announcement requirements. Nothing there other than the standard safety briefing.

It is unnecessary and confusing to those paying your mortgage is all. Unless you meant some type of requirement from the company. I have the HP Flight Operations Manual on my desk and see no such requirements of the pilots-who were the one's making this particular announcement.

As stated by the OP, such unprofessional behavior is uncalled for no matter who is doing the deed. 'Nuff said.

All I want out of the hired help is for you to drive the bus. I don’t care what you think. I can make my own mind up. I am paying for a seat from point A to point B and not your babbling. Most of the time passengers can not understand the garble coming through the speakers anyhow. So shut up and drive skipper!

Customers could care less with WTF is going on with the airline. They just want a plane ride. And maybe a soda.

I've had the "owned and operated" also come from the FA's. On the way out, there were a few east NRSA's that corrected them.

One FA mentioned something nasty to me earlier as I had my YV computer bag out during the flight (with a logo on it - comment was "how can you stand to work for such a lousy company.." ) and mentioned how aweful YV was (in front of customers, mind you, some who were probably connecting to a YV flt in PHX) ---

so as I deplaned, I felt compelled to remind him that without YV in 1992 there wouldn't be an HP around today, just as if it weren't for USAirways & USAirways Group, the OWNER, none of us would be around right now.

Great post! I flew with this idiot captain during the ALCS playoff series who got on the pa and berated the Red Sox everytime we flew in and out of Boston. This guy was originally from NY and transferred to Boston. At one point he actually got on the pa and said "this is my airplane" and went on to cheer the Yankees on a full flight Boston. Most people just rolled their eyes like I did. Unprofessional and tacky. This went on for 4 days.

Did anyone happen to point out to this captain that the Yankees were not in the ALCS this year? And haven't been for the last three years?

And that the last time they were in the ALCS, they had a 3-games-to-0 lead, and were leading by a run in the bottom of the ninth inning of Game 4?

Next time you see him, ask him how that series turned out.