New $3-5 BOB Snacks on flighs over 1 hour starts tommorw June 1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem odd to me that of the carriers that do sell BOB items, US still cannot get inventory right after over 7 years. UA, DL, and AA always seem to have more than ample supply of BOB items.

Ya know Fly....my thought was if the crap is shelf stable why provision a flight with only a few. Cater the damn thing with a nicely stocked cart and let it cruise around a bit. No.... they leave you in the position to explain why your OUT. A great opportunity and benefit to the customer that will get SCREWED by the company. Provision more of it as people WILL buy it.

Agreed....these are products (name brand) that the passengers are familier with and popular...so yes they went like hot cakes. This was CLT-IAH and I also think they should have had the snack box also.

Oh, as an aside.....the rama noodle things need at least 2 cups of hot water so you will run out of hot water on the cart.

Did you guys run out on a long flight or shorter one. How many carriers did you have?

We had one carrier for the CLT-IAH run. The basic set up. And no snack boxes. I thought we would have had both but maybe not. I do know the first class passengers were major pissed off that they had nothing other than the snack basket.

And I don't blame them. We should at least offer the first class passengers a decent cold plate like a salad or deli meats. Hell, that flight is over 2 hours long...give them a little something for thier money.

The FAs started a thread back on May 17 regarding the new snacks!

May 17 2009, 11:42 PM Post #1

Ok, just was reading the outline stating the new ala carte snack program that begins June 1.

Snack Price
Maruchan Instant Lunch - Chicken $3
Mini-Oreo Cookies $3
Pringles Grab and Go - Original $3
Quaker Oatmeal Express - Golden Brown Sugar $3
Twizzlers - Strawberry $3
Planters Daybreak Blend Trail Mix - Apple Cinnamon $4
Blue Diamond Roasted Almonds - Salted $5

My question is WHY does this company set us up for failure and customer complaints by provisioning us with so little in quantity with a program that consumers will more then likely want to purchase.

On aircraft that have Ala Carte Carts the following provisioning:

34 Power-Nap Sacks
8 Oatmeal
8 Soup/Instant Lunch
8 Trail Mix
8 Twizzlers
8 Almonds
8 Mini-Oreos
8 Pringles

On aircraft with duffle bags or atlas carriers following provisioning:

4 Oatmeal
4 Soup/Instant Lunch
4 Trail Mix
4 Twizzlers
4 Almonds
4 Mini-Oreos
4 Pringles

I am curious to know how many FAs will actually bother to offer these snacks when you have a full flight with upto 150 passengers and have such low quantity of product??

I want to see how the company will handle firing some FA for eating a can of pringles and not paying for it.

Jet

And I don't blame them. We should at least offer the first class passengers a decent cold plate like a salad or deli meats. Hell, that flight is over 2 hours long...give them a little something for thier money.
CO offers a full meal on PHL-IAH flights--with choices.

I worked the 321 all day today and we were full. We offered the snacks and were surprised how many people were happy we had them. We sold a lot - ran out of chips. People seemed to be appreciative of the selection.
As for firing a crewmember who decides to snack on the goodies... just pay for it if you can't stand another bag of Sun Chips. :)

Maybe we will start feeding pax in first with our new VP. maybe we will get the crew meals back. Hahaha!

American F/As sell this stuff on their flights with one caveat: they get a commission. Give me a cut of sales and I'll peddle all this artery-clogging crap to my little heart's content...

Well the company probably would perfer to pay you a commission, then give you an hourly pay increase that you so well deserve. Then they can avoid paying you the appropriate commissions like they do with the rest of their "fuzzy math ways" in paying you correctly. Just say NO to commisions!

Well the company probably would perfer to pay you a commission, then give you an hourly pay increase that you so well deserve. Then they can avoid paying you the appropriate commissions like they do with the rest of their "fuzzy math ways" in paying you correctly. Just say NO to commisions!
Why say no to commissions? There will never be an agreement with AFA--and seeing as that I'm already given a commission to sell duty free on international flights, what's the difference? One way or another, I have a mortgage to pay.

We are Safety Professionals thats why! If we wanted to work at Macy's or Nordstrom we would! I am not a sales person. I worked at Structure in 1996 and could not sell a pair of jeans to save my life. I could care less if they bought them or not! I hate having crap pitched to me anywhere. When I purchase I do my own research and make an informed decision. I don't need a sales person hovering. I already told Flores not to open that can of worms. Nope, not into hocking all that crap. Where does it end? You want to be a sale person fine...turn your wings in and go sell Aflac. QUACK QUACK

We are Safety Professionals thats why! If we wanted to work at Macy's or Nordstrom we would! I am not a sales person. I worked at Structure in 1996 and could not sell a pair of jeans to save my life. I could care less if they bought them or not! I hate having crap pitched to me anywhere. When I purchase I do my own research and make an informed decision. I don't need a sales person hovering. I already told Flores not to open that can of worms. Nope, not into hocking all that crap. Where does it end? You want to be a sale person fine...turn your wings in and go sell Aflac. QUACK QUACK
Get over yourself. We fly for a sucky airline. News flash: we're already selling all that crap. It's our job to sell it. I work international flights all the time and am forced to sell duty free by default as to which position my seniority can hold. What's the difference?

Case in point the reason we are in this mess. When is that last time you went to an AFA meeting? :rolleyes: Apathy reins.

Status
Not open for further replies.