New 757's

906 is on it's way back to PHX tonight so I assume it was down for interior upgrades. Hopefully this means that the remaining aircraft will follow (and thus no more retirements this year).

On the topic of 757's, I have been looking for flights out west for Thanksgiving. US is running west 757's between PHX-PHL-PHX over 11/24-25 and maybe more. This is in addition to the 2 East 757's in the rotation that week as well. I have flown this route for over 15 yrs, on both US and AM West before integration, and AMW never sent their 757's to PHL. If the "west" is short on planes to HI, then why are they sending 2 east.

On the topic of 757's, I have been looking for flights out west for Thanksgiving. US is running west 757's between PHX-PHL-PHX over 11/24-25 and maybe more. This is in addition to the 2 East 757's in the rotation that week as well. I have flown this route for over 15 yrs, on both US and AM West before integration, and AMW never sent their 757's to PHL. If the "west" is short on planes to HI, then why are they sending 2 east.
The Hawaii market may have a schedule reduction over the holiday freeing up a 757. So rather it sit on the ground they may be sending it hub to hub to keep it flying. Just a thought.

The Hawaii market may have a schedule reduction over the holiday freeing up a 757. So rather it sit on the ground they may be sending it hub to hub to keep it flying. Just a thought.

That's exactly what they're doing...LIH and KOA are no-op on 11/24. Additionally, DCA is operating with two East 757s that day which frees up another West 757.

That's exactly what they're doing...LIH and KOA are no-op on 11/24. Additionally, DCA is operating with two East 757s that day which frees up another West 757.
Usually that kind of thing happens during holiday periods in certain markets. However I am glad to learn through this thread that there is some newer 757 metal showing up in our future. Long live the 757!!

Reactions: 1 person
My source and itvus a credible one told me we are not losing any more 757's. Also stated that company wants 3 but is looking for up to 7-8 total. Believe what you wish, but with the new 75 route from clt and the company looking to add more from Phl, they will need these 75's.
HOPEFULLY this is TRUE because the 757 is the Only BOEING airplane worth keeping in the fleet. BOEING made a Big Mistake in shutting down this assembly line and making another derivative of that disgusting POS 737. (I freakn' HATE that airplane, and I don't give a damn HOW MANY BOEING has cranked out over the years. I just don't care for it.) The 757.........now that's an Airplane!

Reactions: 3 people
When they pulled the plug on the 757 line, they had gone something like two years without an order. It's hard to justify building an airplane that nobody wants. After the line was shut down, it found its niche on thin transatlantic routes. Most of the 757 mission can be performed by 321s or 739ERs and the ones that cannot don't justify a direct replacement aircraft. It's too bad, nothing feels quite like a 757 on takeoff.

US initially canceled the 321 order as it did not have the range and performance of the 757. Airbus installed additional fuel tanks to improve range but it cut cargo capacity.

The 321 going Coast to Coast with a full load has made many fuel stops, the 757 outperforms it.

US initially canceled the 321 order as it did not have the range and performance of the 757. Airbus installed additional fuel tanks to improve range but it cut cargo capacity.

The 321 going Coast to Coast with a full load has made many fuel stops, the 757 outperforms it.

It's not really fair to compare the 757 to anything.

Driver B)

Reactions: 4 people
I don't mean to come onto this threat and poo poo on the party but POO POO! ! ! How sad it is that this airline is jumping up and down over the arrival of USED airplanes from another airline on the other side of the world. My Goodness this place is a joke. :lol: Maybe they'll arrive with a water salute? Oh wait that costs money. Garden hose maybe? OMG I can't take it anymore....I'm gonna wet myself. I bet this same thing is going on over at Delta and United. Holy cow. :eek: :lol:

...How sad it is that this airline is jumping up and down over the arrival of USED airplanes from another airline on the other side of the world. My Goodness this place is a joke. :lol: Maybe they'll arrive with a water salute? Oh wait that costs money. Garden hose maybe? OMG I can't take it anymore....I'm gonna wet myself. I bet this same thing is going on over at Delta and United. Holy cow. :eek: :lol:

A suprisingly low % of the people in the United States that are worth at least $1M in investible assets purchased their car new.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't mean to come onto this threat and poo poo on the party but POO POO! ! ! How sad it is that this airline is jumping up and down over the arrival of USED airplanes from another airline on the other side of the world. My Goodness this place is a joke. :lol: Maybe they'll arrive with a water salute? Oh wait that costs money. Garden hose maybe? OMG I can't take it anymore....I'm gonna wet myself. I bet this same thing is going on over at Delta and United. Holy cow. :eek: :lol:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1195&bih=682&q=site:airliners.net+delta+china+md-90

Latest posts