New 757's

Ohhhhhh hold up a second. I didn't say other airlines weren't buying used airplanes. I doubt MD-90's popping up on the property at DL is making waves like three 757's will here. :lol: We're talking about airlines out there that can accept deliveries of widebody after widebody. Hell even the 757's Delta got from AA that were former TWA are STUNNING inside. Look at the "swoosh" job US does. Hell they got the 757's that were original ATA, threw some carpet in and swooshed the cabin. I bet Delta will buy those MD-90's and pimp the HELL out of them. Guaranteed actually. :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Ohhhhhh hold up a second. I didn't say other airlines weren't buying used airplanes. I doubt MD-90's popping up on the property at DL is making waves like three 757's will here. :lol: We're talking about airlines out there that can accept deliveries of widebody after widebody. Hell even the 757's Delta got from AA that were former TWA are STUNNING inside. Look at the "swoosh" job US does. Hell they got the 757's that were original ATA, threw some carpet in and swooshed the cabin. I bet Delta will buy those MD-90's and pimp the HELL out of them. Guaranteed actually. :lol:

Point missed entirely. You've got at least 7 threads there, two with over 150 replies, and we're the ones making waves? Did you run out of puppies to drown or do you really have nothing better to do than come on this board and #### about nothing?

Reactions: 5 people
Ooooooh no again. I work ON them so I can comment ON them. You wanna talk about 1000000's of posts just head on over to the mud slinging at the pilot thread. I think the 757 is THE best airplane ever made and STILL outperforms most. That said, I stand by what I said. :lol:

Ooooooh no again. I work ON them so I can comment ON them. You wanna talk about 1000000's of posts just head on over to the mud slinging at the pilot thread. I think the 757 is THE best airplane ever made and STILL outperforms most. That said, I stand by what I said. :lol:

Cool, I work on them too. Some of us are interested in hearing when new frames might be joining the fleet and I still don't understand how that correlates to this place being a joke. I didn't mean to say that you can't be commenting on this, and if it came across like that I apologize, but it seems like you're attacking the idea of discussing them.

Reactions: 2 people
Us does not compare with AA,s fleet, so 3 to 7 757's coming on line would be good news.With no more wide body airbuses coming for a while,adding some used 767's would help open new routes across the pond from clt. I.E. lis,mad,bcn,cpn,arn.

I hear alot how bad the us 767's are but they are a reliable work horse that is still in production.Buying used and then putting some money to upgrade the cabin can be cost effective.

I would like to see us stop token service to some stations,stx,bgi only one day a week.It does not sell with customers who want a choice of days to travel.

Not making fun about talking about it at all. I do however find it quite sad considering the "spruce up" job US does to their 757's. Other carriers gut the damn things and install fantastic interiors that are customer friendly and even flight attendant friendly. US aquires 757's and throws a swoosh bulkhead on, slip covers on the seats and carpet. THAT is considered an "upgrade" around here. As for the 767, sure it's a workhorse but try being a pax on that damn thing to destinations like ATH. Chinease torture comes to mind thinking about the cramped space available for the average sized passenger. Don't even get me started on those G'damn plug in carts to heat meals. PLUG IN CARTS? Please name another carrier with those?

Reactions: 2 people
Not making fun about talking about it at all. I do however find it quite sad considering the "spruce up" job US does to their 757's. Other carriers gut the damn things and install fantastic interiors that are customer friendly and even flight attendant friendly. US aquires 757's and throws a swoosh bulkhead on, slip covers on the seats and carpet. THAT is considered an "upgrade" around here. As for the 767, sure it's a workhorse but try being a pax on that damn thing to destinations like ATH. Chinease torture comes to mind thinking about the cramped space available for the average sized passenger. Don't even get me started on those G'damn plug in carts to heat meals. PLUG IN CARTS? Please name another carrier with those?

The airbus a330-300 i feel has the most cramped coach seat i have ever been on.That was a flight from fra to clt.I have flown the 767 to ath and it was more comfortable,but the 200 series us flies does not have the legs for the trip.It left ath two days in a row with 30-40 empty seats.I am sure later models such as the 767-300er have a greater range.

Just my thoughts on increasing lift while the new wide bodies are a long way off.

Reactions: 1 person
The A330 once was a very comfortable aircraft to fly over to Europe. I've never been a fan of the boxes under the seats though. The 767 aka Chitty Chitty Bang Bang does indeed have range issues. The 757 on transatlantic routes is perfectly fine. I just don't like the way the airplanes are configured.

Cool, I work on them too. Some of us are interested in hearing when new frames might be joining the fleet and I still don't understand how that correlates to this place being a joke. I didn't mean to say that you can't be commenting on this, and if it came across like that I apologize, but it seems like you're attacking the idea of discussing them.

It's an interesting phenomenon what commonly seen on these forums which one may call Elevative Disassociation. In plain terms, ED is a cognitive mechanism employed when an individual finds him or herself tied to an entity he or she considers to have a negative perception and association and will therefore deride, disown, and defame said entity in daily activities and online for the purpose of (often unconciously) convincing the self and others that he or she "is better than" that place and is connected to it by present necessity only.

ED generally manifests itself as incessant and consistent complaining, and nit-picking beyond reason. For example, one may complain that there is problem "X" with the interiors of certain 757's, and this complaint is reasonable. The company may then take action to rectify problem "X". For some this will set the issue to rest, but to one with ED it will only provide additional fodder for complaining:

"Sure, problem X is fixed but it should have been fixed a long time ago :rolleyes: "

"The people that fixed problem X are morons. :rolleyes:"

"Problem X wasn't fixed to my own anonymous, arbitrary expectations :rolleyes:"

"Now that problem X is fixed problems, Y and Z are even more apparent and obvious. These morons can't even fix problems without making others worse! :rolleyes:"

Elevative Disasociatives have never been, are not, and are in fact incapable of ever being satisfied. Constant complaining is necessary for the individual to regularly remind him or herself and others that the airline sucks and lies below his or her worth and ability; this done in turn to soothe what is in reality deep-seated insecurities on the part of the diassociative that he or she has indeed made the wrong life and career choices and is in fact a part of every problem he or she must always bring to the fore for the purpose of blaming others. One may indeed dedicate several thousand online posts and real life discussions to this very brand of complaining. The "rolleyes" emoticon is oft abused :rolleyes:

An additional symptom is that although one has considerable experience in a specific airline function, he or she will assume that by such virtue (and often in conjunction with an inflated self-perception of intelligence) he or she is an expert in all facets of airlining, including labor relations, route planning, marketing, purchasing etc. This is known as Elevative Dissassociation aggravated with Rectal Proselytization, and unfortunately there is no known cure.

On topic, I am as well interested in our acquisition of additional 757 airframes and the other changes in the US fleet and the implications of such on our operations and directions as a modern American airline. I will also agree that this forum is a reasonable place for such discussion, and that the topic is one both sound and interesting.

Cheers!

Reactions: 6 people
It's an interesting phenomenon what commonly seen on these forums which one may call Elevative Disassociation. In plain terms, ED is a cognitive mechanism employed when an individual finds him or herself tied to an entity he or she considers to have a negative perception and association and will therefore deride, disown, and defame said entity in daily activities and online for the purpose of (often unconciously) convincing the self and others that he or she "is better than" that place and is connected to it by present necessity only.

ED generally manifests itself as incessant and consistent complaining, and nit-picking beyond reason. For example, one may complain that there is problem "X" with the interiors of certain 757's, and this complaint is reasonable. The company may then take action to rectify problem "X". For some this will set the issue to rest, but to one with ED it will only provide additional fodder for complaining:

"Sure, problem X is fixed but it should have been fixed a long time ago :rolleyes: "

"The people that fixed problem X are morons. :rolleyes:"

"Problem X wasn't fixed to my own anonymous, arbitrary expectations :rolleyes:"

"Now that problem X is fixed problems, Y and Z are even more apparent and obvious. These morons can't even fix problems without making others worse! :rolleyes:"

Elevative Disasociatives have never been, are not, and are in fact incapable of ever being satisfied. Constant complaining is necessary for the individual to regularly remind him or herself and others that the airline sucks and lies below his or her worth and ability; this done in turn to soothe what is in reality deep-seated insecurities on the part of the diassociative that he or she has indeed made the wrong life and career choices and is in fact a part of every problem he or she must always bring to the fore for the purpose of blaming others. One may indeed dedicate several thousand online posts and real life discussions to this very brand of complaining. The "rolleyes" emoticon is oft abused :rolleyes:

An additional symptom is that although one has considerable experience in a specific airline function, he or she will assume that by such virtue (and often in conjunction with an inflated self-perception of intelligence) he or she is an expert in all facets of airlining, including labor relations, route planning, marketing, purchasing etc. This is known as Elevative Dissassociation aggravated with Rectal Proselytization, and unfortunately there is no known cure.

On topic, I am as well interested in our acquisition of additional 757 airframes and the other changes in the US fleet and the implications of such on our operations and directions as a modern American airline. I will also agree that this forum is a reasonable place for such discussion, and that the topic is one both sound and interesting.

Cheers!

I get it! Your post was meant to be a perfect example of Elevative Dissassociation. Very good teaching technique.

Yesterdays About US talked about the Three Aircraft that we had planned on Leasing. Only problem was that the Airline we were going to get them from decided to BUY THEM from the Lessor, so NO NEW 757's anytime soon.