New Afa Contract

Ok, I like the way that sounds. What is the max duty day and block hours? Do you get min. days?
By and large, our scheduled duty range is between 9 and a half, up to 13 hours (this varies with report time) and actual duty day range is ten and a half up to 14 and a half (respectively). There are landing restrictions, and some other fine print. Minimum days off are 10 in 30 day month or 11 in 31 day month. We still have some sit times, and they should be reduced/eliminated as well. You can view our contract on the local AFA. I would be happy to send you, or any other East flight attendant a bid so you can check it out if you like.
Some months are better than others, and it depends on what you are used to working (and working out).

Reserve status is dependent on the base you are in. For example Pittsburgh went from 3,000 f/as in 2001 to 463 commencing Nov. 1. Pittsburgh has currently approx. 574 f/as. So, you can see we have a huge overage. Reserve population is 44%, where as in all other bases, reserve factor is 19% -20%.

If you are in LGA, you will hold a line with 10 years. If you are in PHL, about 13-14 years.

Nov. 2005 Most Junior Lineholder

PRIMARY:

BOS - Jun 94

CLT - Jun 87

DCA - Jul 89

LGA - Mar 99

PHL - Jan 89

PIT - Sep 81

SECONDARY:

BOS - Sep 96

CLT - Feb 89

DCA - Jun 94

LGA - Jun 99

PHL - Oct 89

PIT - Mar 84

Great to see you have fun with the nutty nine thing. Hey when I started I was a big partier on the layovers too. And I started before alcohol and drug testing. The things I could tell you.

Yes those PHX layovers put new meaning to the term Valley HO...may she rest in peace. I loved the pool area, the grounds, the fruit trees, and the feeling that you stepped back into a 1950's movie set... and the occasional creepy crawly....and calling friends in Feb about how nice the weather was...ah, the Valley Ho.

FYI
The Valley-HO is going through an $80,000,000 face lift..Set to reopen in late Dec. they are trying to recapture that 50's style...

I'd like to see the F/S get rid of the "me-too" in regards to scope. If the pilots want to give away jobs, let them do it alone. Anything over 70 or so seats should be flown by mainline F/As. If the 170 and 190 were completely in-house (without competing sized RJs flown by Express), there would not be furloughees, the bases would be bigger, more blocks, less reserves. A bigger airline is a better airline for everyone.

Latest posts

Back