New APFA hotline 8/22/13

So what you are saying here is that AA F/A's are for a straight-up staple job of anybody that was not originally AA? So the most junior AA F/A would be senior to the most senior non AA F/A? Is that how I am reading your response?

DOH means DOH regardless of where you started your career at if the companies merge. If you have exactly 30 years in at company 1, and a person in company 2, the company you are merging with, has exactly 30 years one day, that person is senior to you. That is what DOH means. Lose the entitlement attitude that your time means more than anybody else's.

Don't preach at me, dearie. Go back and re-read my post. Did I say that I feel like that? No, I did not. Did I say that I favor staple jobs? No, I did not.

That being said, I am concerned that neither the APFA nor the APA has put out any details about this alleged merger agreement between the two unions. I know that the APA gold standard is DOH--as it should be. But, are you talking company DOH, bidding (or, occupational) DOH? Or some combination of those.

For instance, I started with AA as a flight attendant, 9/7/2000. That to this day is my bidding (occupational) seniority date. However, I was furloughed for 17.5 months; so, I have an "adjusted" company seniority date of 1/24/2002--for travel, retirement, benefits purposes. But, in the computer my "DTE HIRE" is still shown as 07SEP00!

I just flew with one of our "new hire" flight attendants who started her flight attendant career in March of this year. Her occupational seniority date is March of this year. She gets off probation in September. She started working for AA over 25 years ago; so, company benefit-wise, she is WAY ahead of me, and her company DOH is almost 26 years ago.

The former TWA flight attendants have a bidding/occupational seniority date of sometime in April, 2002, but they retained their TWA DOH for company (benefit) purposes.

So, which date are you going to use? I don't think anyone has made that clear yet.

One of the hotlines from Laura this week mentioned APFA's methodology to merge the seniority lists. So there is some info out there. This isn't the first time they have made slight mention of the merging of the lists.

Question: How will the seniority lists be integrated?
LG: Our seniority lists will be integrated based on date of occupational seniority (which is called "date of hire" at US Airways). The only adjustment will be to ensure that American Flight Attendants get credit for initial training – as US Airways Flight Attendants do. APFA has done an enormous amount of research to determine the average number of days American Airlines Flight Attendants spent in training. We will be coming up with a number of days to adjust the seniority of American Flight Attendants to put them on an even footing with US Airways Flight Attendants. No changes will be made to APFA members’ seniority in relation to each other - what is referred to as 'relative seniority.'

Reactions: 1 person
I think most AA flight attendants are all for DOH as long as the most junior AA DOH comes before any other flight attendant's DOH.

So your opinion is that most AA F/A’s want to staple all merger employees on the bottom

Latest posts