New China Route And Outsourcing

WILL AA HAVE CHINA PERFORM 777 HEAVY MAINTENANCE

• 1. AA will outsource to China because of new route.............

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. AA will continue to keep work inhouse............................

• 3. The TWU will have undercut China in cost.......................

• Total voters

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
With the new China route, do you think AA will see a major cost savings by dropping off a 777 in China, fly another back, drop off another and another?
It might be a consideration since a revenue flight will be heading that way anyway.

Hopeful said:
With the new China route, do you think AA will see a major cost savings by dropping off a 777 in China, fly another back, drop off another and another?
It might be a consideration since a revenue flight will be heading that way anyway.
[post="250134"][/post]​

You can bet the Chinese will demand graft/bribes/kickbacks of some sort in addition to demanding that AA outsource some maintenance. In case anyone has any illusions . . . . the Chinese are not our friends.

They've captured so much of our trade that we're now dependent on them and their money. Pretty soon they'll be able to do anything they want (read . . Taiwan) and the fat, lazy, stupid US will have to say "OK."

I agree. Look what they did with Boeing. They said wither give us a piece of the pie or we won't buy your aircraft.

Are United and NW doing overhaul in China? Why should you think we would or should have too?

AA has service to El Salvador where airlines like JB and AWA are servicing there planes. If AA wanted they would easly schedule a flight through or leave AC over for heavy maitenance. They dont.

In case anyone has any illusions . . . . the Chinese are not our friends.

But they love our money.

It wont be long before they start doing a B Check on the first Aircraft that RON there. :down:

TIME FOR CHANGE said:
But they love our money.

It wont be long before they start doing a B Check on the first Aircraft that RON there. :down:
[post="250182"][/post]​

Just how many B checks do we do in LHR, EZE, GIG, GRU, or in the Caribbean today? We have RON's in lots of those cities right now.

But I suppose its a good thing we won't have any RON's planned for the Pacific. Those aircraft will be turned to come back immediately, as they do today from NRT, and will from NGO and KIX when those start up later this year....

Former ModerAAtor said:
Just how many B checks do we do in LHR, EZE, GIG, GRU, or in the Caribbean today?  We have RON's in lots of those cities right now.

But I suppose its a good thing we won't have any RON's planned for the Pacific.  Those aircraft will be turned to come back immediately, as they do today from NRT, and will from NGO and KIX when those start up later this year....
[post="250191"][/post]​

This whole outsourcing issues is coming to a head at AA. With the recent announcement that AA needs $500,000,000.00 in savings from overhaul, they are going to squeeze the TWU for more concessions. The threat of outsourcing is there and has been made clear to the TWU. They're painting a different picture that this is a joint TWU/AA effort.

AA holds the cards on this one.

TIME FOR CHANGE said:
But they love our money.

[post="250182"][/post]​

As I posted on the other thread where you said the same thing:

Doubt that any 777s will ever overnight in China, unless they are broken. How many 777s overnight at NRT?

I checked the schedule - unless one breaks, generally every 777 at NRT is emptied, cleaned, refueled, catered, and overnights over the Pacific Ocean on its way back to either SJC, LAX, DFW, ORD or JFK. Most of AA's 777s spend less than 3 hours on the ground at NRT. Is that enough time to squeeze in a B check?

Overnighting 777s at PVG would require an extra airplane (3 instead of 2). It would take many years of maintenance savings to buy that extra $180 million airplane. But then you knew that. Nice try. :rolleyes:

Former ModerAAtor said:
Just how many B checks do we do in LHR, EZE, GIG, GRU, or in the Caribbean today? We have RON's in lots of those cities right now.

But I suppose its a good thing we won't have any RON's planned for the Pacific. Those aircraft will be turned to come back immediately, as they do today from NRT, and will from NGO and KIX when those start up later this year....
[post="250191"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"E"

You are right, NONE !!

However, Hopeful raises a very valid question !!
Since I respect BOTH of your opinions 90+% of the time, I'm going to take a "wait and see" position, on this potential scenario.

Anyway, I'm glad we got 1 of the China routes.
The Shanghai award might very well turn out to be "the pick of the litter"

I wonder how Delta "like them apples" ??? :shock: :down: :shock:

NH/BB's

Wretched Wrench said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..........I wonder about a FA base in China. Lots of low wage job applicants, I'll bet.
[post="250230"][/post]​
AA can based on APFA headcount and number of flying hours over the base amout set in 1990. Use European based foreign nationals. There is no provision for Nationals based outside of Europe or South America. Sorry will not be any Chinese based foreign nationals.

FA Mikey said:
AA can based on APFA headcount and number of flying hours over the base amout set in 1990. Use European based foreign nationals. There is no provision for Nationals based outside of Europe or South America. Sorry will not be any Chinese based foreign nationals.
[post="250254"][/post]​

Good thing you got rid of the twu back in the 70's and got some language in the contract.... :up: :up: :up: :up:

FA Mikey said:
[post="250254"][/post]​

Say for instance UA fails (which I don't think will happen) and AA gets their Pacific routes and the foreign gevernments tell AA in order to get approval, they have to take the Pacific based employees with the deal (just like the Latin American governments did in the EAL case and the British government did with the TWA-LHR case). What do you think that the APFA would do?

aafsc said:
Say for instance UA fails (which I don't think will happen) and AA gets their Pacific routes and the foreign gevernments tell AA in order to get approval, they have to take the Pacific based employees with the deal (just like the Latin American governments did in the EAL case and the British government did with the TWA-LHR case). What do you think that the APFA would do?
[post="250270"][/post]​
Same anwser they will get if they come for more cuts, NO. One we have members still on furlough, no outsidres until everylast one is back at work. Plus many f/a's now see the bigger loss the FN's created.

Latest posts