New China Route And Outsourcing

WILL AA HAVE CHINA PERFORM 777 HEAVY MAINTENANCE

• 1. AA will outsource to China because of new route.............

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. AA will continue to keep work inhouse............................

• 3. The TWU will have undercut China in cost.......................

• Total voters
Same anwser they will get if they come for more cuts, NO. One we have members still on furlough, no outsidres until everylast one is back at work. Plus many f/a's now see the bigger loss the FN's created.

Once again....

Good thing you got rid of the twu back in the 70's and got some language in the contract.... :up: :up: :up:

Better yet we got rid of john ward last year. He has did as much, or more harm than the TWU could have.

For that we have only those who voted for the idiot to blame.

Actually much of the language came about from a presidential grievance brought by the APFA. Subsequent contract agreements allowed for an increase in FN head count based on the APFA head count.

Interesting thing would be what was in management's head at the time they thought they might need or want European based nationals?

FA Mikey said:
Interesting thing would be what was in management's head at the time they thought they might need or want European based nationals?
[post="250283"][/post]​

Not exactly certain, but it probably pre-dates the EAL deal by a couple years.

In the mid to late 1980's, there was a proposal for AA to bid on taking over the Intra-German Services then operated by Pan Am. Prior to reunification, LH was prohibited from flying between Berlin and West Germany. So PA was the only carrier flying between TXL and FRA/HAM/MUC/NUE/STR.

Had we gotten the contract, AA was going to have a small number of 727s based in TXL and IIRC, all crew members would have been required to be fluent in both German and English (i.e. the Berlitz four-week crash course was not an option).

Probably a good thing in hindsight that it didn't happen -- once the GDR collapsed, the restrictions on LH being able to fly between Berlin and the rest of Germany were obviously lifted.

FA Mikey said:
Lucky for us it didnt start up the service. This European provision I spoke of was added in 1998. Any ideas what was swimming around about that time?
[post="250311"][/post]​

That was right after we started pursuing AA/BA (1997).

FA Mikey said:
Better yet we got rid of john ward last year. He has did as much, or more harm than the TWU could have.

[post="250283"][/post]​

Under the twu, you wouldn't have that option to rid yourself of sellouts like Ward(i.e. Jim little, Gary Yingst, Gless), once again, good thing you got rid of the twu. :up: :up: :up:

UAL already have a large number of flight attendants based at LHR, which are a mix of UK and US citizens. Maybe AA might consider it....Who knows???

I hear we have been approached to do maintenance in alliance on the 777 for another airline from overseas.

Doesn't our contract stipulate what percentage can be outsourced? (Present volume of work) Powerful words! It has withstood the test of time.

Former ModerAAtor said:
Not exactly certain, but it probably pre-dates the EAL deal by a couple years.

In the mid to late 1980's, there was a proposal for AA to bid on taking over the Intra-German Services then operated by Pan Am. Prior to reunification, LH was prohibited from flying between Berlin and West Germany. So PA was the only carrier flying between TXL and FRA/HAM/MUC/NUE/STR.

Had we gotten the contract, AA was going to have a small number of 727s based in TXL and IIRC, all crew members would have been required to be fluent in both German and English (i.e. the Berlitz four-week crash course was not an option).

Probably a good thing in hindsight that it didn't happen -- once the GDR collapsed, the restrictions on LH being able to fly between Berlin and the rest of Germany were obviously lifted.
[post="250310"][/post]​

Greetings,

Just for the sake of historical accuracy, TWA was also flying those routes during that time frame. British Midlands and ther French were there too.

Checking it Out said:
I hear we have been approached to do maintenance in alliance on the 777 for another airline from overseas.

Doesn't our contract stipulate what percentage can be outsourced? (Present volume of work) Powerful words! It has withstood the test of time.
[post="250450"][/post]​

Sure does....

(2) It is understood that nothing in this Article requires the maintenance of the present volume of work.

Yeah they sure are some powerful words!!!!!

AMFAMAN said:
Sure does....

(2) It is understood that nothing in this Article requires the maintenance of the present volume of work.

Yeah they sure are some powerful words!!!!!
[post="250464"][/post]​
Must be the word NOTHING that our twu BLIND friend cio cannot understand? :huh:

Checking it Out said:
[post="250450"][/post]​

We can get all the work we want with you guys negotiating Walmart salaries. :up: :up:

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
THIS PICTURE SAYS IT ALL!
[post="250592"][/post]​
You know princess, your profile does not say where you work. I assume with your concern about low pay, that you are a building cleaner in Tulsa, with not enough ability to ever get out of that job.

Don't ride the coattails of those who do get ahead.