New Flt. Numbers

I was thinking about booking a US/East flight, but I changed my mind because I'm offended by 4 digit flight numbers.

:mf_boff:

Flight number assignments is a majorly pressing issue here at USAir. I am surprised that this thread is not much longer!

I'm surprised nobody knows THEY ANSWER TO MY ORIGINAL QUESTION, I just asked because I was curious and figured someone on here would know... that's all, I can't believe nobody knows... out of all the mgmt. folks that stalk these sites.

ohh ohhh i have an idea for the flight number for PHX- PHL , how about 666 ??? awww that's our little gift for you :lol: let us spread the joy of america west far and wide! and let all know of the love of sandcastle!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you change a flight number on a routing, you don't have to include the DOT's on-time % ratings because of the flight number changes? That's a sure fire way to get rid of the 30% on time departure record of some of those int'l departures.

Random knowledge: UA uses 800-999 for international flights (although some domestic legs feeding international could also use the same flight number)

Building on the random knowledge part, since UA does a lot of flying to Asia this makes perfect sense. 8 & 9 are considered very lucky in many Asian cultures, while 4 is considered very unlucky because it sounds like the word for death in Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Japanese.

Building on the random knowledge part, since UA does a lot of flying to Asia this makes perfect sense. 8 & 9 are considered very lucky in many Asian cultures, while 4 is considered very unlucky because it sounds like the word for death in Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Japanese.
And 9 in German isn't all that good!