Synchronizing Flt. Numbers?

iheartairbus

Advanced
Aug 31, 2006
So last week in PHX crew news Ed Bular said that "cactus" as of the fall is scheduled to be the new combined callsign.... but first "flight numbers need to be synchronized" Just wondering if that meant all new flight numbers... no more west 1-699 and east 700+?? I think that is a smart move, does anymore have more information on this or the callsign??

The way US Airways is running things, they ought to change the airline to Cactus Air. Cactus Air because that is where they'll be seen the most, parked in the dessert.

cactus noun
Any of a family of plants that have fleshy stems and branches with scales or spines instead of leaves and are found esp. in dry areas (such as deserts)...

I really don't think cactus should describe our call sign, since our company doesn't know what a spine is or what to do with one...

Just my opinion...

So last week in PHX crew news Ed Bular said that "cactus" as of the fall is scheduled to be the new combined callsign.... but first "flight numbers need to be synchronized" Just wondering if that meant all new flight numbers... no more west 1-699 and east 700+?? I think that is a smart move, does anymore have more information on this or the callsign??

Who made that decision?

Not this again! Good thing we don't fly to other places in the world right? :rolleyes: In some parts of the world including Aussie land cactus has a whole other meaning but rather fitting for these sand fleas:

Cactus : dead, not functioning

Guess they never took the time to Google the new call sign out in Tempe :lol: