"New" Improved Galley Packouts

I'm not referring to that, Sky. I'm talking about how the flight attendants on this board rarely have anything good to say about their amenities and/or products on board the aircraft. Then, if a DL flight attendant states they want no part of it, we're called every name in the book. The insults have flown on both sides; if you were an honest person, you'd be able to admit that.

sky high states: NYCDelta, sounds like we're in the same boat, already. After 28 years, I wish NO ONE the amount of grief I have endured in this industry at several carriers. The insults.....while not necessary....came from people who resist change and are fearful of their futures. I can understand that.
Best of luck to you and your company.

only stating opinions.

This change may not seem like it works, but it does and in this business of small profit margins, this change is necessary to be a long term player.

Before you compare, Contintental, American etc, and their products, take a look at the balance sheets and the revenue generated on a quarterly basis and some carries can afford more than others. As far as Southwest is concerened...no comparison..nobody ever complains about their "lack of amenities"..but they always praise them, including on this board.

Makes sense.....what a SAD way to exist in the Industry though....no product-no pride! Seems like US would want to do things to ensure people would want to fly US again instead of running them away.

Makes sense.....what a SAD way to exist in the Industry though....no product-no pride! Seems like US would want to do things to ensure people would want to fly US again instead of running them away.

Check the load factors and you're realize that this board makes you think people are running away but they are not....people want a good price on a ticket and with US Airways they can generally find a good price...until the planes fill up of course.

UW Cactus? Do you work in catering? It sure sounds llike it. That may be your bottom line $$$$. Its not ours. I challenge you to ride along on these flights and be yelled at by passengers because we are lacking product. I would love for you to explain to a family why there is no more food available for purchase. Explain to to a passengers why there is no snack mix with their drinks. Come up with an excuse as to why no water was boarded. "No ma'am I'm sorry we don't carry splenda.. yes I know its on the tray". Tell someone why last time they bought a sandwich there was a packet of caesar dressing with there sandwich, but with there new sandwich its barely there.

If you do work catering don't be so proud of your bottom line... it won't work with us. We are dealing with thousands of disgruntled people everyday out on line... both east and west. If you are going to offer this Low Fare product all I can reccomend is MAKE IT RIGHT!!!!! Make it consistant. Your excuses are just that EXCUSES!

UW Cactus? Do you work in catering? It sure sounds llike it. That may be your bottom line $$$$. Its not ours. I challenge you to ride along on these flights and be yelled at by passengers because we are lacking product. I would love for you to explain to a family why there is no more food available for purchase. Explain to to a passengers why there is no snack mix with their drinks. Come up with an excuse as to why no water was boarded. "No ma'am I'm sorry we don't carry splenda.. yes I know its on the tray". Tell someone why last time they bought a sandwich there was a packet of caesar dressing with there sandwich, but with there new sandwich its barely there.

If you do work catering don't be so proud of your bottom line... it won't work with us. We are dealing with thousands of disgruntled people everyday out on line... both east and west. If you are going to offer this Low Fare product all I can reccomend is MAKE IT RIGHT!!!!! Make it consistant. Your excuses are just that EXCUSES!

I don't work in catering, so calm down. Catering can only fix with they are aware of, most FA's never report problems to them, so they have a hard time fixing problems such as "water not boarded", "no dressing" if you think because splenda is on the tray tables , we should carry it...then maybe we should carry verizon phones too??

How many fa's here have been asked for splenda since we've put it on the trays? My answer one too many! The first time someone asked me and I responded no we don't carry it. That was the first of many point to the tray and complimentary eye roll that I received.

UWCactus: Unless you are a flight attendant out on the battle field you don't know what happens out there! How many times do we need to write things up to get it fixed? Catering department never answers their phone and when we go upstairs THE DOOR IS ALWAYS CLOSED! At least Sue B. always had the door open and got things done. I always warn our East counterparts- Welcome to Amateur West! It has been like this YEARS.... and gets worse every day.

How many fa's here have been asked for splenda since we've put it on the trays? My answer one too many! The first time someone asked me and I responded no we don't carry it. That was the first of many point to the tray and complimentary eye roll that I received.

UWCactus: Unless you are a flight attendant out on the battle field you don't know what happens out there! How many times do we need to write things up to get it fixed? Catering department never answers their phone and when we go upstairs THE DOOR IS ALWAYS CLOSED! At least Sue B. always had the door open and got things done. I always warn our East counterparts- Welcome to Amateur West! It has been like this YEARS.... and gets worse every day.

Clearly you consider the flight attendant job as a "battlefield" when you go to work. It's no wonder your flights are full of trouble and digruntled passengers. I've worked that "battlefield" before and I seldom had "battles".

Just one little question....

If this "plan" to have just enough "full service" to differentiate US from the likes of WN is so successful, and people are more than happy to pay our "reasonable fares" for a product that's inferior to other network carriers, why is our LF routinely the lowest among the network carriers?

Jim

Yes, I would agree that some of the people in management are CAC's. ;)

We can shut it down, if you want

I can always find a reason to delay a flight, be it PB or some other reason. I mean, fat people are always a great target.

From todays press release:

Don't tell me people are so disappointed that US Airways is driving their customers away.

For US Airways mainline operated flights, RPMs for December 2006 were 3.0 billion, an increase of 13.7 percent from December 2005. Capacity was 4.0 billion ASMs, up 6.8 percent from December 2005. The passenger load factor for the month of December was 75.2 percent versus 70.7 percent in December 2005.

As far as Southwest is concerened...no comparison..nobody ever complains about their "lack of amenities"..but they always praise them, including on this board.

sky high states: With good reason. EVERYONE knows what to "EXPECT" on Southwest. At the very least they are CONSISTANT.

ONLY stating opinions.

The passenger load factor for the month of December was 75.2 percent versus 70.7 percent in December 2005.
Yep - so many folks are flocking to US that the other network carrier's LFs are in the toilet.....

CO - 79.9%
AA - 79.1%
DL - 78.3%
HP - 77.1%
US - 75.2%

When will those other carriers ever learn - trying to fill more seats with better amenities is wishful thinking :shock:

Jim

Where do I start? I have sent numerous mail and reports to Catering. I have yet to get but one response in many, many, reports. Nothing changes. Or it changes so drastically that it’s out of hand. Too much or too little.

I think most flight attendants EAST and West: would just like something that was constant. My last four day. I had every leg: beverage carts that were not catered correctly. Nothing to supplies to passengers. I had either too much water or not enough. I had too many wines or not enough. I had way too many snacks or not any at all to serve. I made pictures of everything. I had a catering dept tell me that taking meals off aircraft that were on mechanical delays for over 4 hours was not there job. Then they re-catered my aircraft again with the same meals. I have had catering tell me that we are not allowed, or we are not permitted. I also had my plane catered with the wrong supplies and without any meals for F/C. I also had my aircraft catered with BOB products that were to be sent to XXX Station and was sent to a destination that did not serve BOB… I have had passengers ask me for supplies that were on tray tables that were not supplied on board.

It’s not that I a picking on this dept. I just have to say that Constant Products onboard is not a issues that this airline is willing to tackle… I would love for onboard products to fly with me. I would welcome them with open arms. Out catering doors are shut and a lot of times they are out on a 2/3 hour lunch. Its not right and I don’t feel that they are “helpful and friendly at any times.â€￾

UWCactus:

My battlefield is built for several different reasons... none which include our passengers. One of the main reasons these days is catering. Am I going to have the tools to serve this full flight? Is a question that most of us who work in the back ask ourselves when we come to work. You can try and spin this debate which ever way you want, it doesn't change the fact that America West catering SUCKS! It doesn't change the fact our company is never consistant with anything. Our passengers don't know what to expect on the plane. We (inflight) are constantly apologizing for lack of product which our PAYING passengers are used to. I'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm sorry. Management and in this case the catering team has created this Battlefield that inflight has to conquer everyday. I'm tired of it!! Not enough food, no water, no snacks. I am tired of changes that don't make sense. Our passengers are tired of it. How many times do we need to write it up? It never gets fixed!!! I've read the reports, i've seen crew members call. Catering hardly answers their phone. Whatever department you may work for you don't know what happens out there. Ride along, you will see. These people need to focus on something besides the bottom line and get back to the basics: OUR PASSENGERS!

UWCactus:

My battlefield is built for several different reasons... none which include our passengers. One of the main reasons these days is catering. Am I going to have the tools to serve this full flight? Is a question that most of us who work in the back ask ourselves when we come to work. You can try and spin this debate which ever way you want, it doesn't change the fact that America West catering SUCKS! It doesn't change the fact our company is never consistant with anything. Our passengers don't know what to expect on the plane. We (inflight) are constantly apologizing for lack of product which our PAYING passengers are used to. I'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm sorry. Management and in this case the catering team has created this Battlefield that inflight has to conquer everyday. I'm tired of it!! Not enough food, no water, no snacks. I am tired of changes that don't make sense. Our passengers are tired of it. How many times do we need to write it up? It never gets fixed!!! I've read the reports, i've seen crew members call. Catering hardly answers their phone. Whatever department you may work for you don't know what happens out there. Ride along, you will see. These people need to focus on something besides the bottom line and get back to the basics: OUR PASSENGERS!

You are still apologizing for our "random" onboard services? I stopped doing that about a year ago. Give them whatever we have, whenever we have it, and that is that. I no longer respond to the verbal abuse, the arguments, the irritability. I smile. This is something clearly beyond our control, and I refuse to let USAirways give me a premature heart attack over snack mix and their inability to consistently cater. I know its frustrating, but it is what it is. Be polite, but stand firm: this is not our fault, nor will I apologize like it is anymore.