New glassware sitting in storage

LCC_#1

Veteran
Nov 16, 2005
While there are bigger issues, I must address this one.

I had a catering person from Tempe on my flight to CLT the other day and was informed that we had a new set of glassware to put on the East t/c flights but management has yet to decide IF we will put it back on the a/c.

The company is soooo concerned about one red cent of an increase in contract parity between the two companies that make up the new US Airways but thinks NOTHING of wasting thousands to buy something and keep it in storage.

Like someone mentioned in another thread, when Tempe took over I thought they were our saviors. I have also done a 180 on this group.

While we may have posted profits, I do not see how the company can continue to make money with all the STUPID decisions, the LEAST being glassware.

And you all thought CCY was bad.

<_< :( :huh:

I had a catering person from Tempe on my flight to CLT the other day and was informed that we had a new set of glassware to put on the East t/c flights but management has yet to decide IF we will put it back on the a/c.
<_< :( :huh:

sky high states: The WEST side only uses glassware on long haul routes? Right?

Doesnt that create an INCONSISTENT product in first class?

only stating opinions.

Bob,

We also must remember the Midwest is not what ie was either. However it is still better than US.

I am also one who does not need glassware, but I do agree it is nice, and most of the competition uses glassware, so for the sake of value so should US.

If i have to pour one more glass of wine in one of those GOD DAMM tall plastic glasses in F/C, I think I might have to go crazy.

If i have to pour one more glass of wine in one of those GOD DAMM tall plastic glasses in F/C, I think I might have to go crazy.

SKY High states: I had a frequent flyer pull a small wine glass out of his bag and hand it to me. He said, "Red wine, please!" :up:

How genius!!

only stating opinions.

The Club in CLT and others are using the old short stemed wine glasses. I guess it was cheaper to use the old stock of inflight glassware than to purchase new "normal" legneth stemed glasware to replace the broken stock in the clubs.

SKY High states: I had a frequent flyer pull a small wine glass out of his bag and hand it to me. He said, "Red wine, please!" :up:

How genius!!

only stating opinions.

Not that genious...a real genious would have pulled out a bottle of real red wine out of the other pocket!!!! ;)

Hey, we're to be ONE big happy "one uniform wearing" crew right? Well if it's to costly to have the glass then the west should lose it too right? We're talking consistency right? PHL-PHX might or might not have glassware? While stupid this is another proof positive point of the idiots running the joint. Would this really be such a big damn deal at other carriers. Put the freaking glassware on the plane and get on with other issues. Morons, simply morons.

Sky and LCC,

THIS is one of my primary issues. CONSISTENCY IMO is the key to a positive inflight experience.

sky high states: APRIL begins....<drum roll>.....Liquid creamers on all flights, both in first class and COACH. The company has said, thank you for all the feedback and they now realize how important it is to the customers to continue the liquid creamers!

YEAH!

only stating opinions.

Latest posts

Back