New Livery?

nycbusdriver

Veteran
Dec 19, 2002
The Capital of the World
Visit site
On a few occasions over the last month or two, I've seen a SWA airplane in a basic white livery, with dark blue trim, in LAS. It might be the same one airplane seen several times. Is that a new paint scheme? Or, maybe a newly acquired airplane waiting for its SWA colors?

SWA only has 1 airplane painted that way. It is an aircraft that SWA bought from Ford and it hasn't gone in for repainting yet. Last word is that it will be done early in 2008.

On a few occasions over the last month or two, I've seen a SWA airplane in a basic white livery, with dark blue trim, in LAS. It might be the same one airplane seen several times. Is that a new paint scheme? Or, maybe a newly acquired airplane waiting for its SWA colors?

The white planes are aircraft that were acquired from Ford. They were supposed to be retrofitted and repainted by june 2007. Besides the paint job they only sit 128, have 3 lavs, and the gallies are different. I think they will be redone sometime 2008. Until then they only fly in DAL and the mega stations.

SWA only has 1 airplane painted that way. It is an aircraft that SWA bought from Ford and it hasn't gone in for repainting yet. Last word is that it will be done early in 2008.

There is actually 5 Ford planes. Only 2 remain white. All 5 still only sit 128 and the gallies are still different...

Actually four total "aquired" planes in the last year. Two from Ford, and two from Air Sahara.
From what I understand is the two Ford aircraft are short term leases. That's why we are not changing the interior ie. deul lav's. Unless something has changed that what I heard here in our part of the world in BWI.

Actually four total "aquired" planes in the last year. Two from Ford, and two from Air Sahara.

Flew on one of the ex-Sahara planes (in full WN colors) this summer. Really liked having the extra lav in the back. No waiting!

Flew on one of the ex-Sahara planes (in full WN colors) this summer. Really liked having the extra lav in the back. No waiting!

Do the normal HT's or shall we say regular SWA aircraft have only one lav Forward and Aft? :shock: :shock:

Latest posts