New Livery

----------------
On 6/19/2003 1:16:29 AM bigbusdrvr wrote:
I can''t wait till the end of summer!! You boys are all over chip and Usair, well "The truth hurts, It couldnt happen to better group of folks"

Cheers to your job search!!!!
----------------​

I don''t post over on the U board anymore. Even U''s employees have started to get ''all over Chip.''
I''m not ''all over USAir'' (it''s been USAirways for several years now, BTW), I wouldn''t make such posts if it weren''t for Chip''s inflammatory posts, and I think most other posters would do the same.
It was rather interesting to see almost everyone NOT discuss U''s potential chap 7 when they filed, but when UAL filed, Chip and a few others went out of their way to openly discuss UCTs, ICTs, and whatever else the liquidation of UAL was and is labeled.
My apologies to all other U employees; my post was in poor taste. It was intended only for a small audience; I did not consider the collateral damage. I was out of line.

I think that a white(ish) pearl base accented by either blue stripes or simply the bottom 1/4 of the aircraft painted blue (not light or navy...just blue) an updated font for the United (now simply United, nix the ''airlines'' on the planes) and an Updated blue ''U'' on the tail accented by white and pearl

Here is my two cents. UA''s current livery is awful. It is too busy. Two-tone fuselage with extra stripes, stripes on the tailn the colors of "U" which are inconsistent with the rest of the scheme... Sorry folks, just my opinion.

While I am not supportive of UAL spending a whole lot of money to do this, there is definitely some sales benefit to a ''whole new United''. Especially after what the customers have seen in the last few years...

I think a simple Star Alliance based scheme should be adopted for all Star carriers. On the tail, you would have the airlines''s logo placed in the center of the Star logo. On the fuselage, above the windows, would show: STAR: United or STAR: Air Canada or whatever. The fuselage would be a pearl white, and each carrier could use a cheatline of their own color, based on their history or preference.

"United/Star" that's what the "US" in "US Airways" stands for..... now are the pieces coming together???
2.gif

I don't care how the aircraft is painted. It does not even enter my mind when I choose carriers.

Just:

1) Sell me a ticket at a price comparable to your competitors (does not have to be exactly the same as Southwest but don't gouge me)..
2) Get me there on time and safe
3) During the trip, please be nice to me (if possible)

The current livery is ugly.

Go back to the old livery -- a big "U" on the tail, and the white background with the orange, red and blue stripes.

iflyjetz,

First of all....I do not think the average USAirways Employee/Poster took too much stock in any negative comments you may have made in the U section of this website. I think most of the regulars here knew exactly whom your targeted audience is/was. No harm done my friend.

Back to the subject at hand...If the good folks at UA don''t mind me interjecting here?...Anywho here goes.

Back in the 1960''s...My Dad was with McDonnell Douglas in LGB. The usual saturday family jaunt in the car always included a pass by the final delivery ramp at the plant. (For My benefit)....Yes , Iv''e been ate up with this industry for a long time (LOL)

IMHO...The "Regal" Styling and Colors on the DC-8''s of that era were very brand oriented..and gave great recognition to your fine airline. Frankly I think a lot of that was lost on the following liveries over the years. For some reason , that scheme just spoke to me.

I can remember being in elementary school in the LAX area in the 60''s...and when I had time to doodle on the note book paper....It was always an attempt to replicate a UNITED**** DC-8 Super 61 or 63.

With this in mind...and the trends in the automotive industry currently to go to "Retro" designs from the past. ( I.E the Thunderbird PT Cruiser and a few others)...Why not have an updated Retro-esque approach to what was in my opinion was greatness

Sure a white based scheme shows dirt...but quality painting like UPS uses tends to keep this at a tolerable minimum....ever seen a dirty UPS anything?.

Maybe a less in your face approach on the "Star Alliance" theme wouldn''t hurt either of our carriers either? , in regards to liveries only.

Does anyone remember the "Mainliner" names on the planes of that era? I do!! and that again had a flare that I liked.

Folks....again, we at USAirways...are not against you in any form or fashion. I believe our collective success is very much intertwined....and I hope the best for both sides of the coin.

I''m proud of our affiliation BTW....I just hope for the sake of the masses....it remains an affiliation only , I would hate to see more folks from either company lose a job over duplication of effort..or whatever excuse they can use to rid themselves of laboring people.

Best wishes to all at UAL

N230UA I like that alot, the current scheme shows dirt way to fast, and is dark and ugly.

I can''t stand this livery anymore than the current one. I used to hear a plane overhead and look up and it was easy to see that it was United. Now you have to look long and hard to see who it is and this one looks pretty much like Fly the Generic Skies of United....blah!

At the first opportunity, UA needs to have a new image..hopefully one that matches the "new" airline it will be. THe current over use of blues and greys is getting old.
I would suggest somethin along the lines of the current "U" combines with a retro look mentioned above by someone. I personally enjoyed the "Friendships" theme. That ought to be combinable with "Worldwide Service" somehow. I Remember getting a kick as a kid of going to the airport (FWA) in the early/mid-70''s and seeing how many different "City of______" on the nose.

It might just make the whole thing a lot less cookie cutter looking.

I agree...this is still too dark and dingy. Take the dark gray line through the windows and make it a bright yellow/gold. Make all the lettering and logo in the same bright yellow/gold (one color on the "U"). That would brighten this otherwise very creative paint job up.

Bottom line is...United needs something brighter and less expensive to apply on those tin cans to show the world that change really is in the air.

----------------
On 7/1/2003 12:57:47 PM electradude wrote:

I agree...this is still too dark and dingy. Take the dark gray line through the windows and make it a bright yellow/gold. Make all the lettering and logo in the same bright yellow/gold (one color on the "U"). That would brighten this otherwise very creative paint job up.

Bottom line is...United needs something brighter and less expensive to apply on those tin cans to show the world that change really is in the air.

----------------​

Electradude-

You read my mind. That''s exactly what I was going to suggest, but I was ''banned'' That red/orange would brigten up the good design.