New Miami Service 01NOV

MiAAmi

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Looks like Mainline AA will add MIA-PIT, MIA-IND and MIA-MSP on Nov 01. CMH remains weekends only on eagle. MIA-DTW gets another non-stop for a total of 3. MIA-TPA one additional n/s for a total of 4. MIA-BDL one additional n/s for a total of 2. MIA-BOS one additional for total of 6.

Yahoo! Beautiful! Thank you AA! Surprised CMH remains at only three weekend flights, though.

----------------
On 7/20/2003 2:33:12 PM MAH4546 wrote:

Surprised CMH remains at only three weekend flights, though.

----------------​

Me too. CMH has been out performing PIT since they started the eagle non-stops a few weeks back.

----------------
On 7/20/2003 4:22:39 PM MiAAmi wrote:

----------------
On 7/20/2003 2:33:12 PM MAH4546 wrote:

Surprised CMH remains at only three weekend flights, though.

----------------​

Me too. CMH has been out performing PIT since they started the eagle non-stops a few weeks back.

----------------​

I have a feeling that with PIT, the logic is to capture as many Caribbean passengers as possible and route them through MIA quickly. Otherwise they will be using USAirways. Also, American is probably counting on an increasing number of Pittsburgh flyers fed up with USAirways to switch carriers (PIT-DFW is getting +2 dailies).

It is interesting to note that with PIT and MSP, finally, AA is competing on all but two of the cartel hub routes, those two being MEM and SLC (DL does not serve MIA-SLC, however). And, if I am not mistaken, MEM and SLC are the two smallest Cartel hubs.

With CMH, Columbus is an ERJ Mx. base, and it is simply making really good use of ERJs that would otherwise sit idle on weekends.

----------------
On 7/20/2003 4:32:52 PM MAH4546 wrote:

It is interesting to note that with PIT and MSP, finally, AA is competing on all but two of the cartel hub routes, those two being MEM and SLC (DL does not serve MIA-SLC, however). And, if I am not mistaken, MEM and SLC are the two smallest Cartel hubs.

----------------​

AA doesn''t fly MIA-CVG with CVG of course being DL''s #2 hub. DL does fly CVG-MIA.

Barranquilla, Colombia would be gtreat to see again. AA left in april 2002 but served it since they purchased the Latin routes from Eastern in 1990. Eastern served it for about 10 years and so did Pan Am before that. Avianca sucks but I can live with a Aces A320. An AA 737-800 would be greater still. You guys are leaving a goldmine there. Average r/t from Miami to Baranquilla are $400.00. Its 1069 miles each way. That's about 19 cents per revenue passenger mile.