New or Reduction of Service?

I was wondering the same...mainly about TLH. I had read last month that Airtran was unhappy with TLH and was reviewing its performance. Any news??

Its quite strange. We are growing our fleet, hiring pilots and flight attendants and making money and yet there seems to be more reductions coming than additions. We are doing a lot more charters, though. I wonder if something big is in the works that has not been announced yet.

I believe that the reductions are temporary seasonal changes that are adjusting to some market changes. For instance, there has been a drop of leasure travel to MCO from select markets that even the Walt Disney Company has recognized. That is why some of the MCO directs flights are being scaled back. Expectations are that this travel will pick back up after September. These reductions, coupled with the addition of Kansas City in Oct will allow FL to keep up frequency in some of the better business markets. As for TLH , it's just matching seat miles with demand. Delta seams to be planning to combat FL's market penetration with more RJ frequency and some price matching. Only time will tell if that strategy will be sucessful. FL has built a loyal customer base over the years that Delta has been sleeping. Is the cost for seat mile cheaper on a 50 seat RJ?

I am not sure how Airtran is doing in TLH, but they are adding a forth flight between TLH and TPA on November 5.

All I can do is laugh at people who chose to fly on an RJ when they have AirTran as an option the entire way. I have flown on one, and I don't see whats so good about them. They are absoultely horrible. Little legroom, low ceilings, less width for elbows, little carry on stowage space, no business class, noiser, and slower. Keep in mind this is in reference to the new 717-200 [;)]

----------------
On 8/23/2002 9:35:07 AM

I am not sure how Airtran is doing in TLH, but they are adding a forth flight between TLH and TPA on November 5.
----------------

Since US Express is dropping all service in this market by NOV, FL will be it. Now that they got the contract for govt in FLA and the travel bank, they are it in the market. When does the travel bank contract run out?

----------------
We need to put slot handles on the kiosk machines, maybe more people would start using them then.

----------------

One of the most original ideas I've heard of in awhile. :) Of course, Airtran does appear to be fond of some different approaches. They had a banner being towed by a light aircraft around Michigan Stadium this afternoon during the Michigan-Washington game. That's the first ad I've seen not pushing school clothing, proposing marriage, or (the ever-present and very abundant) strip club in a long time.

I posted this on another thread, but it might be interesting:

Vanguard flights from MCI to LAS and LAX were usually PACKED (past tense). I think the SFO flights did pretty well and the SEA was starting to fill up. Of course you have to compete with the orange monster in terminal B (Southwest). You ought to get some of your management types to swing a deal with the Mayor of Kansas City. She could use some face saving with the aviation folks here. Good Luck AirTran and we will see you at MCI in October!