NEW PHL DIRECTOR OF INTERNATIONAL AND CATERING OPERATIONS ANNOUNCED

Jetsetter2Ord

Senior
Sep 1, 2005
On a Jetplane
Visit site
NEW PHL DIRECTOR OF INTERNATIONAL AND CATERING OPERATIONS ANNOUNCED

US Airways is pleased to announce Maureen Dean as director, international operations. Maureen will be in charge of the International Operations in Philadelphia for Customer Service and Ramp operations and additional responsibility for the PHL Catering Operations. Both operations combined currently employ 450 employees with additional staff added during the summer trans-Atlantic operation. Maureen takes the place of Brian Rohlf who left US Airways to assume the position of Managing Director of the Continental Airline's EWR Hub.

Maureen holds a wide range of experience ranging from Customer Service Agent at the PHX Hub, Project Manager Catering, Manager of Airport Customer Services, and most recently as Senior Manager of Domestic and International Catering for US Airways. Maureen holds an Associates Degree in Business Administration and in 2003 was a Chairman's Award recipient for outstanding performance. She currently is on the Board of Directors for the US Airways Education Foundation. Please join US in welcoming Maureen Dean to the PHL Hub, effective Dec. 30.

Well a big howdy and welcome aboard girlfriend. So, what BIG plans do you have in the works for the PHL catering? I can't wait to see this. Maybe offer powdered creamer to envoy? Go with 12oz cups. Sorry but I just can't be positive about this. WHO has done anything great from the west that has taken over? I think the approval rating is right down towards the bottom. Prove me wrong though. Thats all I ask. Prove me wrong.

Hmmm...Director International Operations AND Catering? Why two titles? I mean, getting International flights out on time and catering are practically the same job anyway. Right? :lol:

Reminds of back in 2000 when I first started at AA. I was based at DFW. I noticed on the organizational chart that each terminal at DFW (then just A, B, & C) had a Director of Operations. Directly below and reporting to the DofO in each terminal was an Operations Director. I never found anyone who could explain the difference in the two jobs (or 6 jobs as there were two in each terminal).

Hmmm...Director International Operations AND Catering? Why two titles? I mean, getting International flights out on time and catering are practically the same job anyway. Right? :lol:

I am presuming quite a bit, but, perhaps someone is paying attention, did some research and found that a majority of delays are due to catering.

Why two "titles"......back in the old days, the old regieme had a VP of Toliet Paper, VP Lavatory Soap, VP of Hand Towels, etc. (Top Talent.....made the old US "Top Heavy" in Mgmnt). I was surprised to learn they had a Director of Sanitary Napkins though- obviously wasn't considered a "Top" position :lol:

Why two "titles"......back in the old days, the old regieme had a VP of Toliet Paper, VP Lavatory Soap, VP of Hand Towels, etc. (Top Talent.....made the old US "Top Heavy" in Mgmnt). I was surprised to learn they had a Director of Sanitary Napkins though- obviously wasn't considered a "Top" position :lol:

And, combining those into Vice-President of Lav Supplies might make sense, but Vice-President of International Operations and Catering???? :lol: :shock: :lol:

Maybe now she will make sure there is soap in lavs which were missing on the BOS to PHL flight this week. Let's hope the best but expect the worst. :blink:

Belive me, this dear Ms. Dean is NOT to be trusted!

Remember the recent galley pack-outs and changes that everybody just "loves" her idea! But . . . did she take the blame for their disatorous roll-out - nope!

When the former EAST manager suggested a testing program before the fleet-wide roll-out she refused to do so. Then, guess which one got the ax when the packouts flopped?

What your backs fellows!

OH Boy!!! We thought at first she was being asked to leave then we heard rumors of promotion. Unbelievable! Why is it that every person around here that does a bad job get a prmotion in this rat race of a merger. Maureen Dean did report directly to Sherri here out west.... it looks like the 2 peas in a pod have split and one is going east. I am competent in my east counterparts that they will make sure it is known if it is a job not well done. :down:

OH Boy!!! We thought at first she was being asked to leave then we heard rumors of promotion. Unbelievable! Why is it that every person around here that does a bad job get a prmotion in this rat race of a merger. Maureen Dean did report directly to Sherri here out west.... it looks like the 2 peas in a pod have split and one is going east. I am competent in my east counterparts that they will make sure it is known if it is a job not well done. :down:
I love the Sherri Shamblin lines as she recently tried unsuccessfully to host a crew news session in CLT:

"Are you guys excited about the $50 in your paycheck? Yah? Exciting!"

"Ooh, yah, reserve is a sticky situation..." :lol:

I still have yet to understand how they were able to institiute CONTRACTUAL relief for the BH's with the new 24/7 FAA ruling, but when AFA brings up many great ideas for reserve relief, the response is, "Sorry, it's CONTRACTUAL...." What?

If they only knew how much they were hurting employee morale. I will point out, however, that in light of the fact that RSV's on the East are being treated like caged animals, they continue to show up (Thanksgiving, Xmas), giving their all. Please let me have Sherri on my flight. We will have our own, professional crew news session. Right there in that jacked up new A320 galley.... :lol:

(Sorry just realized I hijacked this thread.... ) :unsure:

Happy Holidays!

Belive me, this dear Ms. Dean is NOT to be trusted!

Remember the recent galley pack-outs and changes that everybody just "loves" her idea! But . . . did she take the blame for their disatorous roll-out - nope!

When the former EAST manager suggested a testing program before the fleet-wide roll-out she refused to do so. Then, guess which one got the ax when the packouts flopped?

What your backs fellows!

Wrong!! The galley packouts were put together with both and east and west full time F/A's with general guidelines for cost control, but FA's made the cart packout decision so get it right before you spread inaccuracies. Several test markets were done, maybe not enough, but Maureen should not take the complete blame for packouts...

Well hopefully she can count or teach others to count.

PHL-AMS Fri Dec 15 - delayed over an hour due to not enough meals catered for coach.

Welcome Maureen!

Your first order of business should be to fly and eat like we do. The customers right? you DO remember our pesky little arses don't you?

Couldn't get catering to the a/c in PHL yesterday even after several calls, "caterer unable to be located". HMMMM. :huh:
Real nice...no ice or other necessities for a 2 hour flight.
All I can say is .....seamless service....even in the F'd concourse.

We know flight attendants worked on it but she has the final approval on these things... she should be to blame. Oh wait she was never a flight attendant so she wouldn't know that the new cart packout does not work. And I'm sure whoever worked on the cart packout probably works "A" position, not thinking about all the lifting we would have to do and the running for product. And its not just the cartpackouts, the lack of product(food), supplies, and tidbits. Catering has taken a complete nosedive for the worse, tell me Who is responsible then????????? :shock:

We know flight attendants worked on it but she has the final approval on these things... she should be to blame. Oh wait she was never a flight attendant so she wouldn't know that the new cart packout does not work. And I'm sure whoever worked on the cart packout probably works "A" position, not thinking about all the lifting we would have to do and the running for product. And its not just the cartpackouts, the lack of product(food), supplies, and tidbits. Catering has taken a complete nosedive for the worse, tell me Who is responsible then????????? :shock:

I'm not sure what you expect her to do when she has FA's that worked through the process give the green light to go with the new packout. Fully loaded carts, memorandums and more were available for FA's to look at it in mulitlple bases, giving everyone a heads up on the packout and the ability to answer any questions. The catering department can only follow up on the contracted caterers failure to supply adequately based on specific feedback such as flight number, a/c, date, city pairs and city that catering failed.

Latest posts