New Pilot Uniforms

PropPiedmont

Senior
Dec 10, 2003
Straight from the Chief Pilot of America West, the uniforms will be changing to black and silver for 2006.

Also the hat will be optional after the end of December.

Straight from the Chief Pilot of America West, the uniforms will be changing to black and silver for 2006.

Black? I have to say I always liked the navy blue. At least it will be silver and not gold. I wonder if that means the f/a uniforms will be black? It would be easier to find shoes and hose to match a black uniform.

I doubt any work group would object to getting new uniforms, including the pilots, BUT if they think pilots will shell out the money for the "new look" at their expense they have another guess coming. I have never understood why uniforms were never provided.....and spare me the argument "....for what they get paid....."

I doubt any work group would object to getting new uniforms, including the pilots, BUT if they think pilots will shell out the money for the "new look" at their expense they have another guess coming. I have never understood why uniforms were never provided.....and spare me the argument "....for what they get paid....."

I'm a f/a, and I would pay out of pocket for a new uniform.

In the regular world people don't have clothing given to them and yet they still show up to work in suit and tie, or whatever is appropriate.

If you feel comfortable in your old, worn out, tired uniform good for you. I for one am ready for a change and if it means paying for it so be it.

I'm a f/a, and I would pay out of pocket for a new uniform.

In the regular world people don't have clothing given to them and yet they still show up to work in suit and tie, or whatever is appropriate.

If you feel comfortable in your old, worn out, tired uniform good for you. I for one am ready for a change and if it means paying for it so be it.

Which work group, and I don't think there are any, get uniforms free of charge?? I sure didn't as a tech. And the "upstairs" people don't get a clothing allowance but have a standard of dress to maintain.

I hear that everyone will have to wear at least 15 pieces of "flair".

By the way, whatever happened to Bill Lumbergh?

All class.

A320 Driver B)

Shoes shined. You bet. Uniform pressed. Also. Attitude. Good, at least toward's the job and pax. Hat. Joke, could care less after 30 years of wearing one. Meaningless in the picture. I wear mine when it pleases me. I do NOT get paid to wear it. Best. Greeter.

He must be a Raider fan. Did the respective pilot groups have any input on selection of color and style?

I hope the braid is a bit less gaudy than the current AW uniform. It's easy to see in the dark though. Might keep you from getting hit by a hotel shuttle at curbside.

That's good - I don't want to buy another hat! Oh wait, MY company will fail to notify us of the change anyway, so what am I worrying about? Brian "propcolgan" Durbin :)

Back