Any new news on the F/A uniform?

tahitigirl

Senior
Aug 19, 2005
Does anyone know or has anyone heard anything new about our uniforms? If the pilots are going to black and silver, does that mean we will also see a color change?

As a flight attendant for US East as I worked on the transatlantic division I can diffently say that I would like a uniform like the European carriers. I understand that on domestic their maybe a more casual look, but I must say that I take pride in wearing my US East uniform. I would love to see an update but I have been seem how sharp the other carriers look. I like CAL uniforms. What do you guys think?

As a flight attendant for US East as I worked on the transatlantic division I can diffently say that I would like a uniform like the European carriers. I understand that on domestic their maybe a more casual look, but I must say that I take pride in wearing my US East uniform. I would love to see an update but I have been seem how sharp the other carriers look. I like CAL uniforms. What do you guys think?
I agree...except I do not think Domestic should be casual. I dont really care for the U East style right now or the crappy material, but, I like wearing my heels and if you tailor the dress up a little bit, it can actually look good. I hope and pray that they do not have us in kakis...oh he!! no..that is just trashy(for flight crew) The men should still keep the tie. I have seen some that did not wear the tie and it looked just awful. The customer does not wanna see your under shirt and hairy chest sticking out.. :down: The only thing that they should not have on the womens uniform is that manly tie tab...we are WOMEN..we want to look stylish and comfortable.

I agree...except I do not think Domestic should be casual. I dont really care for the U East style right now or the crappy material, but, I like wearing my heels and if you tailor the dress up a little bit, it can actually look good. I hope and pray that they do not have us in kakis...oh he!! no..that is just trashy(for flight crew) The men should still keep the tie. I have seen some that did not wear the tie and it looked just awful. The customer does not wanna see your under shirt and hairy chest sticking out.. :down: The only thing that they should not have on the womens uniform is that manly tie tab...we are WOMEN..we want to look stylish and comfortable.
speak for yourself on the tie thing!!!! They could get tougher on the hairy chest thing (I agree with you, ick) but try having that fresh shaved neck when your freshly starched collar is rubbing you raw in the 155 degree heat on the "TUNA CAN".

flight_attendant.jpg
:)

speak for yourself on the tie thing!!!! They could get tougher on the hairy chest thing (I agree with you, ick) but try having that fresh shaved neck when your freshly starched collar is rubbing you raw in the 155 degree heat on the "TUNA CAN".

I agree that we need a tie for the gentleman - It will look so tacky otherwise and they will see and start getting complaints and they will change it back, I wish people would stop whining about the heat - I dont whine about the cold. My response will be if you can't take the heat dont stand inside the fire - and not only that aren't you in a/c most of the time, or transfer to lga or dca or phl or pit or bos or clt.. seasons.... cold ones.... mmmmm.... also you wont be able to tell someone to shave their chest hair b/c it is discrimination so they might have a prob with that but it is not acceptable.., can you just see leaning over to have your drink order taken in first and some guy with a mullett and chest hair in your face says "what can i get you to drink" the mullet is bad enough.. keep the tie!!!

A passenger said hello for me to over 100 customers dressed in a T-shirt and jeans (domestically). Not a SINGLE person noticed he didn't work for us. It is price price price and nothing else!

I agree that we need a tie for the gentleman - It will look so tacky otherwise and they will see and start getting complaints and they will change it back, I wish people would stop whining about the heat - I dont whine about the cold. My response will be if you can't take the heat dont stand inside the fire - and not only that aren't you in a/c most of the time, or transfer to lga or dca or phl or pit or bos or clt.. seasons.... cold ones.... mmmmm.... also you wont be able to tell someone to shave their chest hair b/c it is discrimination so they might have a prob with that but it is not acceptable.., can you just see leaning over to have your drink order taken in first and some guy with a mullett and chest hair in your face says "what can i get you to drink" the mullet is bad enough.. keep the tie!!!
DL made the tie optional, and I think UA did for a while. If you want a tie go to CO. Those days are gone. Besides I had the luxury of working the 170 the first summer we had it, and I'm sorry but wearing a tie while cleaning an airplane doesnt work so well.

DL made the tie optional, and I think UA did for a while. If you want a tie go to CO. Those days are gone. Besides I had the luxury of working the 170 the first summer we had it, and I'm sorry but wearing a tie while cleaning an airplane doesnt work so well.

No thank you - That is fine i will look good no matter what - my concern is all the "relaxed" people on the line... If you can make it look good so be it - UAL does not have a tie option neither does AA and neither does NW etc., shall i go on - When you fly international and you have the choice for the same price to fly UAL, US, Lufthansa - you will not choose US, sh++ty service and now "casual" uniforms... I hope they prove me wrong but I hardly doubt it...

In all honesty, I highly doubt the passengers really care if the employees were ties or not. I bet if you ask one passenger to describe the uniform of any airline employee the most accurate they are going to be able to get is the stupid color.

All they are going to care about is if the uniform is clean, neatly pressed and in general good shape. The only way that is going to happen is if the EMPLOYEE is comfortable in the darn thing.

I think the only people who care about FA uniforms are the FAs. The uniform just needs to be stylish enough that the FAs take pride in wearing them and/or comfortable enough that they appreciate the comfort on long hard days.

I have seen some that did not wear the tie and it looked just awful. The customer does not wanna see your under shirt and hairy chest sticking out..

They could get tougher on the hairy chest thing (I agree with you, ick)

I agree that we need a tie for the gentleman <SNIP>
.... also you wont be able to tell someone to shave their chest hair b/c it is discrimination so they might have a prob with that but it is not acceptable..

Some chicks dig a guy with chest hair.

Have you seen the Happy Holidays Video on the Hub? Larry was the only one wearing an Oven Mitt.

I've been shot down before on this one BUT, a hawaiian style shirt, with stylized postcards of our warm weather destinations should be an option. I flew AA waaaayyy back to Hawaii and the crew was decked in Hawaiian garb, i found it to be very festive and really set the mood for my holiday.

Back