Any new news on the F/A uniform?

delta by far is wearing the best uniform in the us airline industry. i saw them in barcelona the other day and they looked absolutely amazing.

yeah, delta looks damn good, but they paid a lot for it. My question is...is anyone at US really willing to do the same? I dont think so, which MAY be unfortunate. I think that if the company were to spend that much on a uniform, unions would feel there is too much money to go around and start demanding snap-back pay or something

LOLOLOL Thats is so true. Most of SW f/as look so ridiculous in shorts and tee shirts. Its circa 1980, BUT yet so appropriate for SW. Think about it- tacky colored airlines- livery, HIDEOUS interiors, no video, no music, just bad lookin silly fa/s who are trying to do some kinda silly schitck. But then again thats what middle america looks like. US will hopefully bring a bit of stylized comfortable sophistication to the airline industry.

You people need to get real!! This morning I flew SWA from ISP-BWI on a REAL ticket. ALL $38, btw. I sat on the plane. I watched the demo announcement. No jokes, btw. They checked the cabin. They did EVERYTHING we do. They served oj and coffee like us and GUESS WHAT?? Not a soul lost their cookies because two of them were in shorts. I didn't lose my cookies because they were in shorts. NOBODY GIVES A SHIIT EXCEPT THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE TURNED INTO UNIFORM SNOBS!! Who GIVES A CRAP what the EuroTrash customers think of a casual look? I'm sure those Manchester, UK passengers with the rotten teeth and the unaudible accents are REALLY talking about it.

And while I'm at it, please would you guys stop acting so freakin hollier than thou and superior because you somehow think you look and feel more professional with your noose around your neck. Not one customer has lost their cookies or made any negative statement because I choose to relieve my neck from the sexist male oppression that IS the tie.

I am the same charming, hot stud of a 43 year old man that has more class and style in my pinkie that most have in their ugly blue shiny tie, so PLEASE spare me. Like someone said, if you want to wear the freakin tie, wear it, but a HUGE amount of us DO NOT and WILL NOT, whether it is this uni or a new one. So stop playing Mother Superior.

Its almost June. The humidity is high and guess what? I have no heat rash and my neck isn't sore. Enjoy your tie. I am VERY comfortable with my tieless shirt. GET OVER IT!!

Generally over the years I've noticed:

That people who discuss how much class they have, Don't.

And people who tell you how "Hot" they are, Aren't.

Now back to the issue at hand I think having read this thread from inception is people want a uniform the is Comfortable, Stylish and Professional.

As a customer I want to see someone who is well dressed and doesn't look like a customer. Some people come to work now looking like unmade beds and style is in the eye of the wearer.

If US is trying to be something MORE than SWA and something less than Singapore from a marketing and amenities point then the uniform should help convey that message.

Hiring a designer is a great first step

I agree, as a customer, I really do notice what the Flight Attendants wear. If casual, it really doesn't make you think worse, but if it is really professional, you think more highly of them. They are treated more like professionals. I have to say, when I flew LH or AF, I was impressed by their uniforms. On SQ, you know who is who on the flight and who is in charge in case of an issue. I think that portraying pride, some uniformity, and professionalism is great. One thing is you are representing your company, and no matter how much you disagree with your company, you have an obligation to portray them in the best light possible.

What is the real basis behind this "style" and "professional" thing? It is a freaking Greyhound bus with wings. It is the amtrak of the skies. The aircraft are Hotter than ever and we taxi everywhere now on one engine with over a hundred passengers with body temps over 97 degrees. The fact of wearing a tie or not has nothing to do with knowing what starch or sizing is on a shirt. Be more concerned with the HUGE and I do mean capital H-U-G-E flight attendants out there. YES INDEED I said the FAT word. I know we all come in differen shapes and sizes but there are some out there that are borderline rediculous. Can't even fit down the damn aisle. Your gonna heave hoe the big A$$ out of the jumpseat and drag me out of the plane in an emergency? Yeah sure! How about deodorent and a light scented cologne. Sweet Jesus some can kill you in the galley after boarding a full flight. Sweating like a hooker in church. Comfortable uniform for all will hopefully prevail. At 160 pounds and 5'10" I should NOT have to struggle to fit my rear end on the edge of a jumpseat. I can get bashed for saying what I said but it's the unspoken truth. So as far as a passenger liking a f/a to look professional I agree but cleaning an a/c and all the bending and dirty duty we do in the galley (hm hm hm) we need comfort not a stuffy european carriers look. Yeah, everyone is so concerned about the tie on "GASP" transatlantic. Yeah good luck on your 757 running between coach and first class. Why not balance some spinning plates and juggle some swords. Oh I need a cocktail. LOL :rolleyes:

I still prefer DL's old uniform. This one has too many options, and I have yet to see two crew on the plane wearing something simular.

I have only seen a red dress on an FA in the ATL airport, and she should not have been wearing the red dress. Also the quality of some of the peices don't look that good either, especially what I'll call the "Skirt dress" the white bottom of the dress is too thin of fabric.

The old DL I thought overall was much nicer uniform

So when US gets its new uniform, hopefully it will be a bit more stylish thena the current sack dress, with good fabric, and not too many choices.

That’s hilarious.
Let’s bring back the Weight Check.

Oh, and crew meals with King Size Snickers bars.
Gotta give SWA credit here -- their uniforms go up to a size 16, only. And you cannot special order any bigger sizes. If you can't fit, you can't fly. (if this has changed, feel free to correct me.)

And the DL red dress only goes up to a size 10 or 12, IIRC...but even if it's "your size" doesn't necessarily mean you should wear it... ;) ;)

The designer US supposedly hired designed JetBlue's uniforms, so they must be comfortable enough to fall alseep, sitting up, in them... B) (see JetBlue board fmi)

If any of the US/AWA guys have legs like the PHX cops that patrol Sky Harbor on bicycle -- well, I'd like to see them in Bermuda shorts! (a girl can dream, can't she?)

Me? Give me a nicely designed blazer and pants or skirt in a tropical weight wool that can be dry cleaned 50X without getting a shine. Yes, I said wool. It holds its shape, looks good, doesn't wrinkle too easily, and is safe -- in a fire situation, those man-made fibers will melt and wool won't. I wouldn't want my uniform becoming part of my skin... Put a light colored, well-made shirt under it with some sort of defining detail -- stripes, different collar, whatever...Done. I may be oversimplifying, but it really shouldn't be taking this long, should it?

Heck, why don't we just go to NASCAR-like jumpsuits for uniforms. We can generate ad revenue by placing other companies logos on them. Kinda keep that P.F. Chang's napkin, and MasterCard video thing going.

Generally over the years I've noticed:

That people who discuss how much class they have, Don't.

And people who tell you how "Hot" they are, Aren't.

Oh Piney!! Pinester, PB!! BOB. What can I say, but I AM proud of how I look and take GREAT pride in that and US1YFare? HE has seen a pic of me...DADDY!! Some young twink should BE so lucky!

BTW, was in your neck of the woods MD weekend. After your hostile comment, I'm glad I was on the ferry to the Pines. :lol: :)

What is the real basis behind this "style" and "professional" thing? It is a freaking Greyhound bus with wings. It is the amtrak of the skies. The aircraft are Hotter than ever and we taxi everywhere now on one engine with over a hundred passengers with body temps over 97 degrees. The fact of wearing a tie or not has nothing to do with knowing what starch or sizing is on a shirt. Be more concerned with the HUGE and I do mean capital H-U-G-E flight attendants out there. YES INDEED I said the FAT word. I know we all come in differen shapes and sizes but there are some out there that are borderline rediculous. Can't even fit down the damn aisle. Your gonna heave hoe the big A$$ out of the jumpseat and drag me out of the plane in an emergency? Yeah sure! How about deodorent and a light scented cologne. Sweet Jesus some can kill you in the galley after boarding a full flight. Sweating like a hooker in church. Comfortable uniform for all will hopefully prevail. At 160 pounds and 5'10" I should NOT have to struggle to fit my rear end on the edge of a jumpseat. I can get bashed for saying what I said but it's the unspoken truth. So as far as a passenger liking a f/a to look professional I agree but cleaning an a/c and all the bending and dirty duty we do in the galley (hm hm hm) we need comfort not a stuffy european carriers look. Yeah, everyone is so concerned about the tie on "GASP" transatlantic. Yeah good luck on your 757 running between coach and first class. Why not balance some spinning plates and juggle some swords. Oh I need a cocktail. LOL :rolleyes:

TRAVELPRO, I LOVE YOU!!!

Maybe so, but not so with LCC_#1 B) You work it girl!

THANK YOU!! It takes alot to look fabulous!! :)

Back