New President - Robert Isom

OldGuy@AA said:
Into the ground. haha.  I'm hoping he pushes the same America West crap he tried to here.  See how United puts up with it.  He is a little man that only knows how to run a little airline.  Oh yeah.  He likes to cross dress too.
Remember when Dave Siegel at airways said he was in it for the long haul and then quickly bailed with 4.5 mil. He was a failure but to hear the rank and file talk when he first arrived, he could walk on water. Two trips through chapter 11 and still the airline was on life support. Too much is made of these upper echelon people, no one man turns around a business alone. But for some reason they all seem to get recycled by other carriers. Much like sports teams and the revolving door for managers.
Oh well, the rich get richer,etc.

Reactions: 5 people
dash8roa said:
Remember when Dave Siegel at airways said he was in it for the long haul and then quickly bailed with 4.5 mil. He was a failure but to hear the rank and file talk when he first arrived, he could walk on water. Two trips through chapter 11 and still the airline was on life support. Too much is made of these upper echelon people, no one man turns around a business alone. But for some reason they all seem to get recycled by other carriers. Much like sports teams and the revolving door for managers.
Oh well, the rich get richer,etc.
Yup.  Apparently my earlier comment upset some former America West people as I got negative points.  It's all good though.  I still stand by my comment that America West was a glorified regional airline that needed a merge partner or it was going out of business.  Much like US Air as Doug Parker admitted in an interview at Stanford University.  I will not miss Scott Kirby, his cross-dressing or his America West business model.  AA's BK filing was a sham as we all know and it backfired on Whoreton when Parker came in the back door and promised the pilots the moon.  They pushed the merge.  Although we would not have gotten a raise until at least 2018, as an airline, we would have been better off if our BOD had told Parker to pound sand.  But what's done is done and we'll see what happens.  I know the few people I know at UA are not happy that Kirby is their's now.  

Reactions: 7 people
OldGuy@AA said:
Yup.  Apparently my earlier comment upset some former America West people as I got negative points.  It's all good though.  I still stand by my comment that America West was a glorified regional airline that needed a merge partner or it was going out of business.  Much like US Air as Doug Parker admitted in an interview at Stanford University.  I will not miss Scott Kirby, his cross-dressing or his America West business model.  AA's BK filing was a sham as we all know and it backfired on Whoreton when Parker came in the back door and promised the pilots the moon.  They pushed the merge.  Although we would not have gotten a raise until at least 2018, as an airline, we would have been better off if our BOD had told Parker to pound sand.  But what's done is done and we'll see what happens.  I know the few people I know at UA are not happy that Kirby is their's now.
from what I herd delta pilots told delta no Parker. Ours wellcomed him with open arms. I agree with you we AA did not need us air . Nor Parker

Reactions: 2 people
autofixer said:
  US Airways made a profit of $ 3/4 Billion in 2012 so we certainly didn't need AA's bankrupt 1930's backward operation.  Parker wanted it for personal reasons.  
and we didn't need your us air either . The aa bk was a sham with 4 billion plus in cash. Before us air took over aa service was a lot better way lot better . Since us air had worse service they brought it over to aa. so we did not need Uck air bringing us down. Let see between aw/us that equals 3 bk right there. And they were not shams. So you can take your aw/us and stick it somewhere. Yes Parker wanted power of the largest airline. So he can get more in stock buy backs get richer. and bk another airline. And I'm sure he will take laa pensions away like he did at us air the next time. Us air is a backwards operation if there ever was one. I'm sorry to tell you how hard could it be to take over the aa side who has just did the sham bk clear of debt and fuel prices lower. But the big thing is how much debt has Parker created now. With his stock buy backs and not paying down the debt he created.

Reactions: 3 people
conehead777 said:
and we didn't need your us air either . The aa bk was a sham with 4 billion plus in cash. Before us air took over aa service was a lot better way lot better . Since us air had worse service they brought it over to aa. so we did not need Uck air bringing us down. Let see between aw/us that equals 3 bk right there. And they were not shams. So you can take your aw/us and stick it somewhere. Yes Parker wanted power of the largest airline. So he can get more in stock buy backs get richer. and bk another airline. And I'm sure he will take laa pensions away like he did at us air the next time. Us air is a backwards operation if there ever was one. I'm sorry to tell you how hard could it be to take over the aa side who has just did the sham bk clear of debt and fuel prices lower. But the big thing is how much debt has Parker created now. With his stock buy backs and not paying down the debt he created.
Sorry, once the pension is frozen, it cannot be taken away. It can be terminated, but you do not lose it.

Reactions: 1 person
conehead777 said:
Fact is we didn't want the merge and US Air workers didn't want it either.  They had been there done that with America West.  Our airlines were totally different.  i believe phase checks or C checks should be done in a hangar at a maintenance base but US Air thinks they should be done at line stations on overnights. Anyone should have been able to see that merging these two would be a big problem.  Just the seniority issue shows how different we are.  We don't understand why someone carries plant maintenance time with them to AMT.  They keep C/C and Insp. seniority and we don't.  Our biggest problem was everyone hated Tom Whoreton and the pilots hated him so much they made a deal with Parker.  This was after Delta and United told him to take a hike.  Our BOD caved to the pilots and allowed the merge.  No matter how much we don't like it we have to live with it and try to move on.  We'll always think AA did it better and the US Air people will think they did.  Let's hope we don't get screwed by the arbitrator in the seniority issue.  We all know it should have gone to a vote and we also know how that would have turned out.  Funny how 1/3 of the membership can somehow have 1/2 of the power.  We need to get rid of the association.  Just because the BOD was stupid enough to approve the merge and then let Parker be CEO doesn't mean we should have to allow the IAM to run the show.  Majority rules and that is the way unions are supposed to work.  We're the majority and we should get to vote on seniority issues.  We have 2/3 of the membership but the association has taken that away.  Somehow the minnow gets to dictate to the whale.  I got a problem with that.

Reactions: 7 people
OldGuy@AA said:
Fact is we didn't want the merge and US Air workers didn't want it either.  They had been there done that with America West.  Our airlines were totally different.  i believe phase checks or C checks should be done in a hangar at a maintenance base but US Air thinks they should be done at line stations on overnights. Anyone should have been able to see that merging these two would be a big problem.  Just the seniority issue shows how different we are.  We don't understand why someone carries plant maintenance time with them to AMT.  They keep C/C and Insp. seniority and we don't.  Our biggest problem was everyone hated Tom Whoreton and the pilots hated him so much they made a deal with Parker.  This was after Delta and United told him to take a hike.  Our BOD caved to the pilots and allowed the merge.  No matter how much we don't like it we have to live with it and try to move on.  We'll always think AA did it better and the US Air people will think they did.  Let's hope we don't get screwed by the arbitrator in the seniority issue.  We all know it should have gone to a vote and we also know how that would have turned out.  Funny how 1/3 of the membership can somehow have 1/2 of the power.  We need to get rid of the association.
your a 100 percent correct

Reactions: 2 people
OldGuy@AA said:
Fact is we didn't want the merge and US Air workers didn't want it either.  They had been there done that with America West.  Our airlines were totally different.  i believe phase checks or C checks should be done in a hangar at a maintenance base but US Air thinks they should be done at line stations on overnights. Anyone should have been able to see that merging these two would be a big problem.  Just the seniority issue shows how different we are.  We don't understand why someone carries plant maintenance time with them to AMT.  They keep C/C and Insp. seniority and we don't.  Our biggest problem was everyone hated Tom Whoreton and the pilots hated him so much they made a deal with Parker.  This was after Delta and United told him to take a hike.  Our BOD caved to the pilots and allowed the merge.  No matter how much we don't like it we have to live with it and try to move on.  We'll always think AA did it better and the US Air people will think they did.  Let's hope we don't get screwed by the arbitrator in the seniority issue.  We all know it should have gone to a vote and we also know how that would have turned out.  Funny how 1/3 of the membership can somehow have 1/2 of the power.  We need to get rid of the association.  Just because the BOD was stupid enough to approve the merge and then let Parker be CEO doesn't mean we should have to allow the IAM to run the show.  Majority rules and that is the way unions are supposed to work.  We're the majority and we should get to vote on seniority issues.  We have 2/3 of the membership but the association has taken that away.  Somehow the minnow gets to dictate to the whale.  I got a problem with that.
Right on the mark!  The 2/3 of us have the power to rid ourselves of this ASSociation by voting the TWU out, since we can't vote on anything to do with the IAM. If what you described quite accurately is NOT enough for the LAA TWU members to understand what has and what will occur with respect to the "SHARING" of we union members, then we are truly screwed. 

Reactions: 4 people