New Presidential Candidate

Oct 30, 2006
Ralph Nader is entering the presidential race as an independent, saying it is time for a "Jeffersonian revolution."

This is his fifth straight bid for the White House. Of course, many consider his "runs" a huge obstacle for the Dems... largely because many believe he steals votes from the Dem candidate.

In my opinion, it is all a farce anyways. I had the *pleasure* of seeing Nader speak in 2005. He made very clear that he doesn't run for president to actually be elected, but rather to bring attention to the needs of the consumer.

I don't want him advocating on behalf of this consumer.

Nader enters race

Let's see. Ralph Nader got 2,883,105 votes (2.7%) in 2000 and 465,650 votes (0.38%) in 2004. At this rate he should get down to about 0.05% or 70,000 votes in 2008.

McCain sent him..... :lol:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DELL,

I'm surprised that you would mean that...."this"time :shock:

Because NADER draws Independent voters !

Now I'm gonna' give you a lil' political quiz.

WHICH CANDIDATE............Hillary,,,,,Mccain....or Obama, is counting the MOST, on Independent votes?

(I'll give you a little Hint,............It's NOT Obama)

In case there was ANY doubt, about which party was going to occupy.."1600", there is NONE NOW !!

" R N "....just LOCKED UP.."1600" for the Democrats :up: :up: :up: :up:

Johnny Mac.........THRIVES..off of Independent voters.

This VERY well could be the "cherry on top of the dessert" for the Democrats, as It relates to MASSIVE GOP SCREW UPS

You heard it here FIRST.

The Democratic Candidate, will WIN by a "MANDATE" from American Voters on 11/04/2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(What a GREAT time to be a DEMOCRAT) :up: :up: :up: :up:

"ALL HAIL....the POTUS,...............EL-CHIMPO" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple years ago there was an episdoe of the Simpsons where the Springfield Republican Party was having a meeting. Mr. Burns says does anyone have any ideas. At the end of the table there's Ralph Nader thrusting is hand in the air going "Oh, oh, oh, oh!!!!. Mr. Burns says "Ralph, you've done enough already". :)

DELL,

WHICH CANDIDATE............Hillary,,,,,Mccain....or Obama, is counting the MOST, on Independent votes?

In case there was ANY doubt, about which party was going to occupy.."1600", there is NONE NOW !!

This VERY well could be the "cherry on top of the dessert" for the Democrats, as It relates to MASSIVE GOP SCREW UPS

What, then, do you make of these statements from the Huckabee and Hillary camps?

Huckabee: "I think it always would probably pull votes away from the Democrats and not the Republicans, so naturally, Republicans would welcome his entry into the race."

Clinton: "very unfortunate." "I remember when he ran before. It didn't turn out very well for anybody -- especially our country." "This time I hope it doesn't hurt anyone. I can't think of anybody that would vote for Sen. McCain who would vote for Ralph Nader."

DELL,

You heard it here FIRST.

The Democratic Candidate, will WIN by a "MANDATE" from American Voters on 11/04/2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(What a GREAT time to be a DEMOCRAT) :up: :up: :up: :up:

"ALL HAIL....the POTUS,...............EL-CHIMPO" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please check your swoon......

Hate to ruin your parade dude.....but Nader will siphon off all the Dems with black issues or HC issues.....Thats how BJ Clinton got in over W2 due to old Ross.....there are black issued Dems now you know....Ed Rendell just had to remind them for the sake of the party....

McCain gets help...

What, then, do you make of these statements from the Huckabee and Hillary camps?

Huckabee: "I think it always would probably pull votes away from the Democrats and not the Republicans, so naturally, Republicans would welcome his entry into the race."

Clinton: "very unfortunate." "I remember when he ran before. It didn't turn out very well for anybody -- especially our country." "This time I hope it doesn't hurt anyone. I can't think of anybody that would vote for Sen. McCain who would vote for Ralph Nader."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well Lily, I'll offer "this" for your examination.

While NOT claiming that NH is a state that gives a clear "slice" of ALL of america(like OH is often referred to), NH IS a state that has a HUGE amount of registered Independent voters(JMc's first primary win).
You'll remember, JMc Stunned BUSH in 2000, because of his Huge following of Independents.

I don't care WHAT HUCK or HILL says about it, McCains MOST support comes from Moderate Repubs, and INDEPENDENTS.

So IF the "super Bowl" is played between JM and BO, IMHO, the VERY BEST that McC can hope for, is "one for you"..."one for me"
So lets call the Indy vote a draw(if you will)
What ABSOLUTELY makes this race like no other, is that Enormous amounts of first time voters are registering, and Voting for BO,..Many CONSERVATIVES will STAY HOME,........and MOST DAMAGING is the(FABULOUS) :up: :up: Fact, that NO Republican Incumbent President, has EVER Damaged his party, like EL-CHIMPO has/and Continues to do.

Lily, (Seriously), when can you remember a Repub., who damaged his party WORSE than DUMBYA ?

Maybe...maybe..Nixon comes close, BUT IMHO, NOT like gwb !!!!!!!

So now we've had back to back stooges from the right and left who left their respective parties damaged and bleeding....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, to a certain extent..DELL, that "may" be true.

BUT IMHO, EVERYTHING we've know about predicting outcomes in POTUS elections, becomes Irrelevant, because we've NEVER seen a Phenomenon like this thing with BO(JFK included)

If these HUGE turnouts of "new" Voters, who are showing up at BO rallys, is ANY indication, than we ALL will see a MANDATE for the POTUS in favor of the Democrat(assuming Hillary loses..WHICH I reserve the right to make a statement AFTER Ohio/Texas) !!!

If these HUGE turnouts of "new" Voters, who are showing up at BO rallys, is ANY indication, than we ALL will see a MANDATE for the POTUS in favor of the Democrat(assuming Hillary loses..WHICH I reserve the right to make a statement AFTER Ohio/Texas) !!!

Perhaps it isn't an indication of a mandate after all. According to a just released Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll, McCain would be in tight races with either of the remaining Democratic presidential candidates.

The poll suggests that McCain may actually have the lead.

Latest posts