New Routes for 2003

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/2/2003 9:32:18 AM ITRADE wrote:

I can't understand why CO doesn't fly CLE-SAN. SAN is one of the 10 or 15 largest metro areas in the U.S. Seems kinda like US's not flying to PDX at all.
----------------
[/blockquote]

SAN is neither in the top 10, nor the top 15, markets in the United States. If memory serves me right, the top fifteen are: NYC, LAX, CHI, WAS, SFO/OAK/SJC, BOS/ORH, PHL/ACY, DTW, DFW, HOU, ATL, MIA/FLL, SEA, PHX, MSP.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/2/2003 9:34:48 PM MAH4546 wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/2/2003 9:32:18 AM ITRADE wrote: [BR][BR]I can't understand why CO doesn't fly CLE-SAN. SAN is one of the 10 or 15 largest metro areas in the U.S. Seems kinda like US's not flying to PDX at all.[BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]SAN is neither in the top 10, nor the top 15, markets in the United States. If memory serves me right, the top fifteen are: NYC, LAX, CHI, WAS, SFO/OAK/SJC, BOS/ORH, PHL/ACY, DTW, DFW, HOU, ATL, MIA/FLL, SEA, PHX, MSP.
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]Actually, you're right - #17. I was probably thinking of the size of the city - proper.[BR][BR]However, 2.8 million people is nothing to sneeze about.

I heard the story elsewhere that the CLE-SAN flight that CAL used to operate was cancelled when CAL took its ramp operation back from America West. CAL is staffed in SAN to launch two in the morning or land two at night but not to turn two aircraft simultaneously. Adding a flight timed for a CLE connecting bank would require at least one shift worth of additional ramp manning which is inefficient for just one flight.

I'm not sure this is true, but it sounds reasonable.

Latest posts