West Fa's working East routes.

I guess you mean know your contract, but that is really apples and oranges isn't it? What does knowing your contract, and them not being on reserve have to do with keeping crew together? I think it is the reserves that will take it in the shorts if we don't. The senior ones will fly the CLT-PHX-CLT trips and reserves will get the CLT-LGA-PHL-PHX-CLT ones. We have rest rules for pilots for a reason, you guys need them too.

I'm just saying to explore it, as an option. It would have to be neg. in our next contract and if we put safe guards in place to protect us, it might work. I just want it looked at, that's all. Way too many people say no right away. Most are senior ones. What they had back in the olden days may not apply now.

I'm just saying to explore it, as an option. It would have to be neg. in our next contract and if we put safe guards in place to protect us, it might work. I just want it looked at, that's all. Way too many people say no right away. Most are senior ones. What they had back in the olden days may not apply now.

I can understand wanting to look at it. Some how all the other airlines manage it. Maybe it's the computers. I just can't imagine it working well here, but I think we will get to see.

As a 19yr West FA, I have to add my two cents.
I don't think most FAs on the West are too concerned with mixing a/c types.
Most definitely the majority prefers to be on the Airbus as opposed to the 737.
But mixing the types allows for greater productivity.
I had a lot of fun times in "The Old Days" when we sometimes flew the entire month with the same guys.
Made lifelong friendships, etc.
But I would never choose to go back to that.
Our pilots have a lot more 'crap' trips than we do.
And we don't have the guarantees they do.

My favorite type trip is the 3day that reports in the afternoon and releases morning or mid day, flies something like PHXDTW on day 1, DTWPHXMSP on day 2, and one leg home on day 3.
Usually worth right about 15cr.
Even better would be to go further east such as PHXEWR, then EWRLASJFK and one leg home on the last day.
More credit for that, but exceeds what a pilot is allowed to fly.
These trips usually come with 10/11hr l/os but I don't care.
I commute and prefer to spend my time at home.

The eastcoast turn days are not exclusive to senior lines.
Sometimes I have a couple on a primarily 3day line.
Of course I can get rid of them in less than 5minutes.
I would love to work them, but they don't work well for commuting.
I'll take my big turn day in the middle of a trip.
We have a pairing that DHDs PHX to CLT on day one, flies a SAN turn on day 2, and DHDs home on day 3.
Piece of cake and good credit.

And, not sure who furloughed has been talking to, perhaps junior FAs in the Hot Room.
But, personally I have not heard any name calling directed at East FAs.
Most people I fly with take it one day at a time and realize nothing is going to happen any time soon anyway.
I've flown with a few different FAs who were furloughed from the East.
All but one were just fine, regular FAs.
One, originally from CLT, was outstanding to work with.
One, from PHL, was dumb as a box of rocks and mean to pax to boot.
It goes w/o saying that at every airline, in every seniority group you will always have a few bad apples.

Your favorite?! Please....! You are senior enough to hold those lines. Why don't you actually take a moment to look all the pairings page for page and SEE that our mixed a/c trips sux!!! More productive, please, a 10 credtit 3 day to orange county, or 15 credit 4 day????!!! Some of us, and I am not that junior on the West, don't have the luxury of your so called 2% of trips that have that great of credit and short layovers, or do East coast turns 3 times a week, or fly an airbus the whole trip!!!!. When all is said and done, we will have an ALL SENIORITY based system for DPU and TRIP TRADE. The Easties are not going to stand for high time, first come, first serve DPU, ETB, unless they see the flexiblitity it offers. We can only hope we get the best of both sides. RESERVE definetely needs major fixes on the west.

RESERVE definetely needs major fixes on the west.

Yours may need some fixing, but the East rsv system needs to be S**tcanned, as soon as possible. 1 out of 10 might say it is a good system, but that is usually a BH who has bid rsv and doesn't want to work. Rarely will you find an actual rsv who would tell you it is good.

I can understand wanting to look at it. Some how all the other airlines manage it. Maybe it's the computers. I just can't imagine it working well here, but I think we will get to see.

sky high states: I would think it would be like........working the EXTRA POSITION, everyday. What is worrisome is add in Northeast congestion, ATC, weather AND these high time trips with LONG DUTY days. I can see it now.....someone announcing at the gate, this flight is delayed due to your FLIGHT ATTENDANTS, they are late inbound to work your flight. All connections are BUSTED. Enjoy your flight.

welcome back, AIR RAGE.

only stating opinions

PHLfa88??????

jcv892slq.gif

Your favorite?! Please....! You are senior enough to hold those lines.

Actually, they don't build those lines much anymore.
And, when they do, no I am not senior enuf to hold them.
Its been awhile since I've worked one of my "favorite trips".
I have been working mostly 3days on mixed a/c type.
But most don't have more than 3legs a day.
Usually 3/2/1 or 1/2/3.
August I bid 2day back to backs.
I got rid of the nice trips quickly and I am left with LAS 2days, 4legs the first day and one leg home, done at 9ish in the morning.

Pure 3day trip lines are very rare.

I am looking for a 4day on the 18th with a long fun layover to bring a friend, tho, if you have something like that let me know.