West Fa's working East routes.

This is so true. Some of our F/As can't take care of themselves- finding thier way around airports, figuring out legality, signing into hotels/ van times etc.

We need to grow up and ditch the pilots. Yes, our airline acts like a two-bit commuter airline, we don't have to. If it gets rid of the stupid people then good.
Be careful what you wish for. We change pilots almost every leg of a trip. It gets real frustrating. Especially when you are on a layover and have no idea if the pilots will be there for the van, or if they are on the long layover?! There have been many a times pilots and flight attendants, the van left because we have no clue who we are working with, or if they are at the same hotel?! That causes delays a lot of the times... Our scheduling should make better attempts to notify both work groups. I think it is real unsafe to change pilots all the time. :down:

Be careful what you wish for. We change pilots almost every leg of a trip. It gets real frustrating. Especially when you are on a layover and have no idea if the pilots will be there for the van, or if they are on the long layover?! There have been many a times pilots and flight attendants, the van left because we have no clue who we are working with, or if they are at the same hotel?! That causes delays a lot of the times... Our scheduling should make better attempts to notify both work groups. I think it is real unsafe to change pilots all the time. :down:

I'm going to have to call BS on that. I have been flying with our pilots for 18 years and I don't see any safety issues with it. If safety is such a concern, why are we the only ones doing it? Our f/a's would need a course on printing trip sheets and how to sin into a hotel. It might cause them to become a little more responsible and open their eyes more.

I'm going to have to call BS on that. I have been flying with our pilots for 18 years and I don't see any safety issues with it. If safety is such a concern, why are we the only ones doing it? Our f/a's would need a course on printing trip sheets and how to sin into a hotel. It might cause them to become a little more responsible and open their eyes more.
I Am talking about what happens on the West side. You have no idea, unless you have the trips we fly, or actually work them! Safety is a major concern.
Trying to run an ontime airline too. The problem lies in our mixed pairing trips with the 737 and Airbus 19-20!!! We are never on the same trip leg to leg with the pilots!? Do you not get it? BS? Our union decided it was best to have flight attendants work a 737 one leg, and an airbus the next! It suxs!!!! Mike Flores are you lisetning? Gary Richardson????? Our pairings are horrible! No mixed a/c period!! :down: :down:

I am sorry! Let me clairfy................ THIS A WEST PRACTICE for FA's!!!

WCT-be careful what you wish for. Staying with pilots on pairings results in less efficient pairings, and less days off. I have never run in to a problem as you describe with missing pilots and not being able to read and understand my hotel information and pick up information. The less time I am at work, the better. Therefore, I prefer to have efficient pairings, and could care less about flying with the same pilots.

WCT-be careful what you wish for. Staying with pilots on pairings results in less efficient pairings, and less days off. I have never run in to a problem as you describe with missing pilots and not being able to read and understand my hotel information and pick up information. The less time I am at work, the better. Therefore, I prefer to have efficient pairings, and could care less about flying with the same pilots.
Obviously you weren't here when we had the same a/c pairings for all our trips. Most times you were with the pilots the whole trip. I found it more productive, and better credit, especially the airbus a/c. If you were here then, that is your opinion for what it is now. Also remember a lot of our fa's on the west work 2days back to back, this doesn't adhere to you, in that case you could be with the pilots for some or most of the 2days!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think the main reason the company might want to keep the Pilots and F/A's together is during irregular operations.

While that may not be as big a factor with the West operation, it factors daily in the East operation, given the propensity for inclement summer or winter weather to adversely impact the operation.

If the airline's operations are ever combined, I believe it would be the sensible thing to do. At least crew tracking has a fighting chance to maintain some schedule integrity if they can start with a full crew.

I Am talking about what happens on the West side. You have no idea, unless you have the trips we fly, or actually work them! Safety is a major concern.
Trying to run an ontime airline too. The problem lies in our mixed pairing trips with the 737 and Airbus 19-20!!! We are never on the same trip leg to leg with the pilots!? Do you not get it? BS? Our union decided it was best to have flight attendants work a 737 one leg, and an airbus the next! It suxs!!!! Mike Flores are you lisetning? Gary Richardson????? Our pairings are horrible! No mixed a/c period!! :down: :down:

I guess I would like to to chime in on this argument as well.

I've been flying for 15 years and with all due respect mr or mrs WCT, you're overexagerrating this :eek:

-There are some trips that pilots change frequently, not the majority of them.

-Safety is of no conern because if we have an emergency situation, it comes down to professionalism in the front and back of the a/c, faces and names, don't really matter. It's an enhancement to know the pilots better, but not a "danger".

-We don't work a 737 on one leg and an A319/320 the next. We may do a turnaround on one or other other, but not leg by leg.

-I really dislike how some pilots try and put the make on me and sometimes I'm glad to see them leave!!!! If you're a woman, you'll understand this.

-I think that no matter who your pilots are, you bring whatever chemistry you choose to bring to it, by introductions, saying hello, small talk. You can always make time for it.

LETS FACE IT, AS THE 737 BEGINS TO PHASE OUT, MIXING PAIRINGS WILL BE TO OUR ADVANTAGE MOST LIKELY. IN THE FUTURE, WE WILL BE ALL AIRBUS ANYWAY.

I don't see this as an issue at all. Once in awhile during irreg ops scheduling isn't on the same page and forgets to notify the others of any rest delays. I like our pairings better ... we can fly more.

Are you one of the ones who needs help signing into a hotel? We on the east, sit because our pilots sit. Every trip on the East is built to our pilots. It sux, as you say. WCT are you listening? Sit fot 3+30, so we can get a A319. Yep, lot of fun there. Again, if it is so safe, why are we the on;y ones doing it? Maybe, you need more training?

What percipitated? this?

Haven't you ever wondered, why do pilots get an "unscheduled" day off in a 7 day period? I know I have. They are not allowed to be "on-duty" for that long of a period. The FAA says they must have a 24 hour break in that 7 day period. And guess what, neither are the f/a's. We were being scheduled for continuous "on-duty" periods of up to 14 straight days. That is pathetic. Our UNION and the company has known about this for years. The compnay didn't want to change it, because it would limit how often they could use a rsv. They wanted total control 24/7 of the rsv's. The UNION(who is here to protect and assist you) said nothing because if the rsv's were being limited, then BH's couldn't drop trip as much, meaning less flexability and more hours flown from BH's. That stinks, especially, when they are trying to drop time. Our UNION told a rsv f/a to shut up about this FAR because it would cause difficulties. I didn't know we could pick and choose which FAR's we followed. Sure it did, difficulty for BH's to drop time on the ETB. They didn't care that we were on duty for 14 straight days. BH's are not on duty that long, blocks are not built with 14 staight days of flying, at least on the east side of the operation. Anyway, this f/a went to the FAA and the FAA told the UNION and the company that they were not in compliance with this FAR. Sure, it made it tougher also for the rsv to p/u trips on the ETB, but the ETB was only created so BH's could lower their obligation, and Mike Flores will tell you that. My question is, after 18 years, how many days does the company owe me, due to the fact they left me on duty for that long. If it was 1 day a month, that would add up to 216 days of abuse. Matter of fact, if our company was going by this new rule, maybe the east wouldn't have this crappy rsv system.

I guess I would like to to chime in on this argument as well.

-I really dislike how some pilots try and put the make on me and sometimes I'm glad to see them leave!!!! If you're a woman, you'll understand this.

As long as it doesn't qualify as sexual harrassment, learn to live with it.

By the way, you're not the Blond Bimbo that flaunted her cleavage on Court TV's presentation of the trial of the Flying While Intoxicated Cactus Pilots, are you?

Are you one of the ones who needs help signing into a hotel? We on the east, sit because our pilots sit. Every trip on the East is built to our pilots. It sux, as you say. WCT are you listening? Sit fot 3+30, so we can get a A319. Yep, lot of fun there. Again, if it is so safe, why are we the on;y ones doing it? Maybe, you need more training?
I would rather keep our aircraft seperate. Our pairings and credit are horrible because we mix airbus and 737. We have a lot of great, cool pilots that are a lot of fun to work with. So, I miss when we use to fly with them more? What is wrong with that?

Latest posts