West Fa's working East routes.

As long as it doesn't qualify as sexual harrassment, learn to live with it.

By the way, you're not the Blond Bimbo that flaunted her cleavage on Court TV's presentation of the trial of the Flying While Intoxicated Cactus Pilots, are you?

Nah, the "Blonde Bimbo" was gone from the company long before her testimony at the trial. She quit to sell real estate full time. At least that's what has been reported via the jumpseat gossip.

I would rather keep our aircraft seperate. Our pairings and credit are horrible because we mix airbus and 737. We have a lot of great, cool pilots that are a lot of fun to work with. So, I miss when we use to fly with them more? What is wrong with that?

I had a 36 hour ron in MCi. One of my f/a's and I went out with 2 AWA pilots, Cracy Ivan and another guy. We had a great time. However, East f/a'sl are limited by our pilots, for flying. that really sucks. I hate that every trip is built to our pilots limitations. We are sortof handicapped by that. I at least wish they would explore the option of separate flying, but we have alot of weak d**ks that are deadset against it and most of hem are senoir f/a's. It is sad that they reference Piedmont flying, being that was almost 20 years ago. I like to ask them what the Wrights did at Kitty Hawk.

What I don't understand is how you always hear that if we split from the pilots we'll be abused. We aren't now? If you want more productive pairings worth more time you will most definately need to split from the pilots. To protect ourselves from being abused with work rule changes I have a pretty simple solution, NEGOTIATE IT SO YOU DON'T ! ! I like staying together but would like more productive trips too.

What I don't understand is how you always hear that if we split from the pilots we'll be abused. We aren't now? If you want more productive pairings worth more time you will most definately need to split from the pilots. To protect ourselves from being abused with work rule changes I have a pretty simple solution, NEGOTIATE IT SO YOU DON'T ! ! I like staying together but would like more productive trips too.

That is what I have always said, but hoenestly, I always get weak a** people saying" at piedmont we did that and it sucked". Ok, I get it, but freakin Piedmont was 20 years ago. Protect ourselves, know your damn contract. People don't want to be bothered with knowing their contract, that is one of the problems. And those people are not even on rsv now.

I had a 36 hour ron in MCi. One of my f/a's and I went out with 2 AWA pilots, Cracy Ivan and another guy. We had a great time. However, East f/a'sl are limited by our pilots, for flying. that really sucks. I hate that every trip is built to our pilots limitations. We are sortof handicapped by that. I at least wish they would explore the option of separate flying, but we have alot of weak d**ks that are deadset against it and most of hem are senoir f/a's. It is sad that they reference Piedmont flying, being that was almost 20 years ago. I like to ask them what the Wrights did at Kitty Hawk.
They reference Piedmont flying because they have done it both ways and prefer to stay together. I remember flying GSO-CLT-LAX and going to the hotel. The F/As went back the same way, same day and weren't happy about it.

I'm a pilot so I won't have any say, it will be up to F/As and the company. But, having done it both ways, keeping the crews together makes the operation run much smoother.

That is what I have always said, but hoenestly, I always get weak a** people saying" at piedmont we did that and it sucked". Ok, I get it, but freakin Piedmont was 20 years ago. Protect ourselves, know your damn contract. People don't want to be bothered with knowing their contract, that is one of the problems. And those people are not even on rsv now.

Why does that get you so upset? It is their point of view and they are entitled to it. It didn't work well at Piedmont, and that was a much better operation than this place. Can you see PHL with 100 crews going every which way?

Why does that get you so upset? It is their point of view and they are entitled to it. It didn't work well at Piedmont, and that was a much better operation than this place. Can you see PHL with 100 crews going every which way?

It bothers me mostly, because the ones commenting were never really on rsv here at us air, let alone very long at Piedmont. Especially the system we have now. As someone said earlier, we will get screwed, if we let ourselves get screwed. No your damn contract, that would be a start.

It bothers me mostly, because the ones commenting were never really on rsv here at us air, let alone very long at Piedmont. Especially the system we have now. As someone said earlier, we will get screwed, if we let ourselves get screwed. No your damn contract, that would be a start.

I guess you mean know your contract, but that is really apples and oranges isn't it? What does knowing your contract, and them not being on reserve have to do with keeping crew together? I think it is the reserves that will take it in the shorts if we don't. The senior ones will fly the CLT-PHX-CLT trips and reserves will get the CLT-LGA-PHL-PHX-CLT ones. We have rest rules for pilots for a reason, you guys need them too.

As a 19yr West FA, I have to add my two cents.
I don't think most FAs on the West are too concerned with mixing a/c types.
Most definitely the majority prefers to be on the Airbus as opposed to the 737.
But mixing the types allows for greater productivity.
I had a lot of fun times in "The Old Days" when we sometimes flew the entire month with the same guys.
Made lifelong friendships, etc.
But I would never choose to go back to that.
Our pilots have a lot more 'crap' trips than we do.
And we don't have the guarantees they do.

My favorite type trip is the 3day that reports in the afternoon and releases morning or mid day, flies something like PHXDTW on day 1, DTWPHXMSP on day 2, and one leg home on day 3.
Usually worth right about 15cr.
Even better would be to go further east such as PHXEWR, then EWRLASJFK and one leg home on the last day.
More credit for that, but exceeds what a pilot is allowed to fly.
These trips usually come with 10/11hr l/os but I don't care.
I commute and prefer to spend my time at home.

The eastcoast turn days are not exclusive to senior lines.
Sometimes I have a couple on a primarily 3day line.
Of course I can get rid of them in less than 5minutes.
I would love to work them, but they don't work well for commuting.
I'll take my big turn day in the middle of a trip.
We have a pairing that DHDs PHX to CLT on day one, flies a SAN turn on day 2, and DHDs home on day 3.
Piece of cake and good credit.

And, not sure who furloughed has been talking to, perhaps junior FAs in the Hot Room.
But, personally I have not heard any name calling directed at East FAs.
Most people I fly with take it one day at a time and realize nothing is going to happen any time soon anyway.
I've flown with a few different FAs who were furloughed from the East.
All but one were just fine, regular FAs.
One, originally from CLT, was outstanding to work with.
One, from PHL, was dumb as a box of rocks and mean to pax to boot.
It goes w/o saying that at every airline, in every seniority group you will always have a few bad apples.

Latest posts