New Routes In 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
coolflyingfool said:
Why doesn't AWA operate to OKC and TUL? Some RJ's would compete with SWA.
OKC and TUL were among the first cities added by HP, and they were indeed the first ones to be dropped, along with MCI. They were only served from PHX for about a year, late 83 to late 84.
Unlike Kansas City, HP has never returned to either Oklahoma city.

It looks like both AWA and Southwest are looking at Charlotte. More great news for US Airways. Instead of OKC or TUL, I'd like to see HP add routes that WN does'nt serve. How about Corpus Christi? Pretty good sized place (about 300,000 or so). A couple RJ's a day to PHX might be worth a try.

I do believe that in order for AWA to become a bigger AND more profitable airline, they do need more point-to-point flying that gets away from SWA and AS. AWA, without the CMH hub, is ignoring just way to many people. The East Coast people. AWA is fine to go from East to West, but that is it. DFW-ORD, for example, just expand and get out from under the low cost umbrella and make money on some other routes. Just my thoughts.......

Well, AWA just announced Page, AZ, from PHX with three roundtrips daily except for weekends. I just hate how they say "NEW" service, when it was served before. I wish they would say they are pround to re-introduce service. Oh well. Just my thoughts.......

coolflyingfool said:
Well, AWA just announced Page, AZ, from PHX with three roundtrips daily except for weekends. I just hate how they say "NEW" service, when it was served before. I wish they would say they are pround to re-introduce service. Oh well. Just my thoughts.......
Of course, that's actually Mesa, with B1900s, on an EAS subsidy route. I think Scenic has had the most recent EAS contract for Page. Of course, why it is absolutely "essential" for Page to have scheduled air service is another issue... <_<

Does America West fly into Long Beach, Ca (KLGB) anymore? I live near the airport and I dont recall seeing any of their aircraft recently.

cob777200 said:
Does America West fly into Long Beach, Ca (KLGB) anymore? I live near the airport and I dont recall seeing any of their aircraft recently.
No mainline, but three daily CRJs to PHX. Two Mesa, one Freedom.

mga707 said:
No mainline, but three daily CRJs to PHX. Two Mesa, one Freedom.
I don't have the whole story, yet I have heard that "Freedom" is made up of scabs and or new hires. If this is true, do employees from both work together? Just one who hears things,
Orangemen B)

Freedom is made up of pilots looking for work, the HP pilots got on a rant that they were all scabs and union busters.

The game has changed. This ain't 1965 and pilots ain't some Pan Am gods that ruled the earth. Pilots are employees, and there are thousands of them out of work that would do it for less. And there are airlines that actually make money that pay pilots less and treat them as if they weren't actually gods. Times have changed, its a low fare war out there, and if you want to make money you have to pay employees less, its a ####, but if you are a pilot and can't figure it out, shame on you.

AWA's 2 rj flights between PHX-YYC will get some company when WestJet starts 2 r/t in the market this fall. I feel to compete, that AWA must put the rj's into competion with rj's and put mainline up against mainline, unless the flight time is under 1 1/2 hours. I will do AWA's SNA-LAS in and rj because it is 1 hour, but I won't go PHX-YYC in a 50 seater. Just my thoughts.......

Delta has enjoyed a monopoly on Cincinnati from PHX and LAS for too long now. Put this one to bed with 2 flights a day from PHX and an all nighter from LAS. Why not try LAX-CVG too.

LAS will see additional mainline service added to IAH, SAN, DTW, and MSY. MSY will only be 3 times a week. I think it is hard to build customer loyalty on a flight that only operates at night and only 3 times a week. Just my thoughts.......

AWA is turning over way too much flying to Mesa. Mesa's PHX operations are horrible. 2 hr delays are the norm. Unfortunately, I guess there is no way to sidestep the contract. And with all those CRJ's on the way, they've got to go somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts