New Routes In 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
HPearlyretiree said:
Freedom is made up of pilots looking for work, the HP pilots got on a rant that they were all scabs and union busters.

The game has changed. This ain't 1965 and pilots ain't some Pan Am gods that ruled the earth. Pilots are employees, and there are thousands of them out of work that would do it for less. And there are airlines that actually make money that pay pilots less and treat them as if they weren't actually gods. Times have changed, its a low fare war out there, and if you want to make money you have to pay employees less, its a ####, but if you are a pilot and can't figure it out, shame on you.
[post="141563"][/post]​
Hey earlyretiree, tell me about your retirement. Did you take the big lump-sum?, No? The annuity?, No? Pretty juicy A-Plan, eh? Or did you just get a plastic airplane and a box to put your wings and manuals in?

There have been thousands of pilots out of work for years, in fact furlough was the norm for many years at many airlines. I think the people facing this fact, perhaps for the first time, perhaps for the 5th are quite aware of their industry and don't need your chastisement.

It is your disdain for the type of people who struck for the level of pay and benefits that made an airline job attractive that weakens the resolve of many still left behind struggling with the decision to sign a concessionary agreement or stand in defense of what others have fought for. I respect those who value the airline industry enough to defend it with their careers. It's alot more than I can say for the HP pilots who crumbled at the fear mongering from within and took their 30 pieces of silver (only to find out it was really about 10) and greased the rails for everyone behind them in the process.

I got the plastic plane, SA3P flying abilities and nothing else! You see, I worked in HQ for about one half of what the market was bearing for my experience and skills. So, I left, took another job that paid twice as much. While at AWA, I took some extra classes, got some certifications, networked and left. I couldn't afford to work there on my pay, the pay sucked, but I knew it and accepted it. I was not uppper management, barely lower level management, and glad I wasn't in a union. Had you guys or the FA's or the mechs gone on strike, I'd be out of a job within hours, I knew that, and accepted it.

It was my decision, it was time to leave, I loved the company and the people but not the anemic check, and didn't want to spend the rest of my life eating mac and cheese and living on low pay.

As for the Pilots, I respect you guys and gals, but no matter what you think of me, the job situation has changed for pilots, not my fault, its the market, if you want to be pissed at me for being frank and honest and pointing the obvious out to you, then so be it.

Columbia blue said:
AWA will be flying to FSD (Sioux Falls S.D.) from PHX. No PR yet. There is some gov't cash involved.
[post="179053"][/post]​

Interesting...I would think that with UAX, AE, DL (Comair? Skywest?), & NW/XJ/9E all there (and G4 a couple of days a week), that FSD would be beyond saturated.

coolflyingfool said:
Another new city - YEAH! Another route with an RJ - BOO!! I am getting sick of all these rjs coming in. When does the contract with MESA come up for renewal?
[post="179948"][/post]​

Nowhere near soon enough. It's either 2006 or 2008. I've heard both. I'm pulling for 2006 personally. Have'nt heard about BOI or GEG. But if AWA has'nt downgraded them to CRJ's then they must be doing ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts