New Safety Video for Delta-Really Entertaining

Nice, crisp and clean video.

Looks like Deltatina had a nose job and cheek implants.

Was that Jim Carrey playing Vera DeMilo from in Living Color from the flight deck at the end?

I do not think it is anything special. Well, let me rephrase - I do not care about safety videos...

I do not see any humour in the video.
She does have a positive attitude. Nice.
She is better looking then the average F/A.
It was business casual.
It is visionary.
It is refreshing.

I think the US Airways video [Pre HP] is more classy. I prefer the US Airways video [However, I do not think it goes right with new US] to the Delta video. :p I guess I just have boring taste.

sure, the video's well done but I see nothing special about it whatsoever. And people talk about humor . .where?

Safety videos are not the most interesting thing to watch. Airlines have done straightforward ones, animated ones, jokey ones... this one gets it right. It's sharp, pleasing to the eye, and holds people's attention. The cute touches like the finger wag and the tooth gleam add a bit of fun without making the airline look bad or jokey, or making fun of safety.

They are obviously doing something right if thousands upon thousands have voluntarily watched it on YouTube. People will actually watch it on the plane, which is the point.

I am so impressed with Delta's current branding, from thier facilities to their sharp uniforms. Since we are their most direct competitor our downright obnoxiousness only serves to make them look even better. I waited for a bus in Europe with one of their crews recently and I just wanted to hang my head in shame with our raggedy band of old ladies in manky sweaters and our ghetto-pimped swoosh 767.

If you cruise YouTube you can see many carriers safety videos. They say a lot about an airline and it's brand, and shape impressions for customers. A customer told me she was sad when they changed our video's music from the Pan Flutes theme because she always knew her trip was off to it's start and it was time to relax when it came on. I loved that music too, it reminds me of when I was proud to work here.

Well, I would not call it humorous, but I will tell you I see a lot of personality and it definitely caught my interest. I must admit my favorite part is when she say’s, “no smokingâ€￾. (Waving her finger); Very attractive. I have a cousin with large lips and high cheek bones with no face work… so with that being said don’t leap to judgment. She’s A-OK in my book. Now let’s wait and see what Us Airways comes up with

A sneak preview of the international version of the new safety video and theme song for US Airways!

Ours also features employees, with President Scott Kirby accompanied by myself and Beachboy.

here

This one features our CEO (hint-he's not the one singing!). Sherri Shamblin makes her first appearance at 00:30, fresh from the wine tasting. She brings her unique sense of style to the video while modeling our new business casual look. If you pay very close attention at the end, there's a quick shot of the US Airways Club and one of our aircraft.

Here

Safety videos are not the most interesting thing to watch. Airlines have I am so impressed with Delta's current branding, from thier facilities to their sharp uniforms.

Delta's signage [Dark red on Dark blue] is superior to US Airways signage, but I think US will have the better looking uniforms [on right sized people...]

Dress-with-Scarf.jpg

Ladies-Zip.jpg

I also think US has the better logo compared to Delta -
Delta-logo.jpg

That said, I think US Airways has the oppurtunity to have a "great" safety video... as great as a safety video can get.

:eek: :huh: :mellow:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Delta's uniforms are fabulous! Have you actually seen them? They were designed by Richard Tyler and look phenomonal... the only truly world class uniform of a major US carrier. The crew I saw in Europe recently looked absolutely fantastic.

Ours look like fast food uniforms and gym attire. They are an embarrassment and will be just one more thing for people to make fun of us. Jimmy the Jet Plane scarves, skorts, Burger King shirts, plumber jackets, and gym warmups. The lady who tossed me a burger at Wendy's the other night looked classier than our QVC soccer mom line.

You have to be joking.

It's just so sad. You KNOW the video we come up with will be tacky, classless and just downright hokey. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept pieces of the old video and filmed around it. :lol:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Delta's uniforms are fabulous! Have you actually seen them? They were designed by Richard Tyler and look phenomonal... the only truly world class uniform of a major US carrier. The crew I saw in Europe recently looked absolutely fantastic.

Ours look like fast food uniforms and gym attire. They are an embarrassment and will be just one more thing for people to make fun of us. Jimmy the Jet Plane scarves, skorts, Burger King shirts, plumber jackets, and gym warmups. The lady who tossed me a burger at Wendy's the other night looked classier than our QVC soccer mom line.

You have to be joking.

Delta's uniforms are spectacular. There was an Delta F/A walking through ATL terminal the other day and EVERYONE looked at her like it was Moses parting the Red Sea. It gives the passengers the impression of of the air crews still being disciplined professionals despite the state of the industry and their uniforms inspire crews to act more like professionals. The Delta uniforms are great public relations tool with the pax and a great morale tool for the F/A's.

I keep trying and trying to like my new unform but it is just OK, not good or great and certainly does not make me put on that alert, erect airline stride that I used to have. It may be a cliche but, in face to face customer service. Clothes Do Make The Man. Everytime I put on the new dress and sweater I see a hotel maid staring back at me in the mirror. The fabric and the cut is so awful that I truly stare at my reflection in disbelief.

We only have one international crew come into Phoenix and I had that same awful experience of standing in the middle of the BA crew in customs. Felt out of my league like a shetland pony standing in the starting gate with a bunch of thoroughbreds.

The Delta video is well done, used their own people and a very good production company took charge of the rest. Writing was good with just a touch of sophisticated humor. Delta took the concept of business casual and got it right.

Sharonstoneseat, I could not have said it better. EMBFA, you rock girl, keep those brilliant post coming.

These last two posts by Sharonstoneseat and EMBFA sum it up beautifully. It's just so disheartening.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

You have to be joking.

Do not get me wrong, Delta's uniform is very nice looking - I just prefer the US look; However, the US uniform does look a little cheap [the big zipper in the middle].

I think it is the scarf that wins me over. Reminds me of the uniform Iberia just got rid of -
Iberia15.jpg

Or the lufthansa uniform -
Iberia17.jpg

only cheaper.

I also have bad taste in design. So if I like the US uniform, it probably is bad looking :p It is all a matter of opinion, and obviously some like me have a bad opinion.

Latest posts