New Safety Video for Delta-Really Entertaining

guys. yes i have to agree delta's new safety video is very well made and professional(and the girl is a hotty). but think of how much money they spent on something that unfortunately,people really do not pay attention to. with oil at $107 a barell i don't think that's a wise choice. i am not saying ours can't be good but don't think this company is going to spend a crazy amount of money on a safety video . delta is doing alot of expensive enhancements which airlines should do to keep business but with the cost cutting we are doing and not delta ......we might be the ones better off.

With oil at $107 dollars a barrel and fares on the rise people (especially business people) will want the most for their money. To a passenger, perception is reality and this video gives the business traveler a great impression of Delta. Delta realizes that Safety Videos are not something that passengers pay focused attention to, it is the glancing, subliminal effect that they went for and they accomplished.

First off, the use of Deltalina. Great move, Angelina Jolie is the face of the decade and all of us cannot help but look at her or anyone who looks like her. To the general public she is a figure of continuing fascination so the choice of someone who resembles her but not a blatant rip off was smart, smart, smart.

Also, the camera angles of the cabin (around 1:40) make the cabin look extremely spacious, again a great subliminal message.

The music is neutral in style (in other words not jazzy, not new agey, not sweeping movie music score) anticipatory with it's little beat, but not heart thumping.....another smart move.

So all things being equal, let's say fare and routing for business person, based on the introduction to your flight when you settle in for your flight, wouldn't you say to your coworkers or your travel service based on our boarding circus vs. this ...well, you know, Delta'a a nice airline.

I hope we will be bright enough to take some cues from this for our next video.

With oil at $107 dollars a barrel and fares on the rise people (especially business people) will want the most for their money. To a passenger, perception is reality and this video gives the business traveler a great impression of Delta. Delta realizes that Safety Videos are not something that passengers pay focused attention to, it is the glancing, subliminal effect that they went for and they accomplished.

I hope we will be bright enough to take some cues from this for our next video.

I'd have to say that they did a great job on that one. Who could have easilly imagined a safety video making national news, and at least hundreds of thousands of viewers on the internet as well? That's some pretty darn good advertising value...and all from a safety video. It's hard to guess at the final value in terms of the bought-tickets factor..but I'm certainly impressed with their efforts.

the cost cutting we are doing and not delta ......we might be the ones better off.

or, perhaps delta better knows how to run an airline while the incompetents in Tempe trip over their own stupid mistakes in an effort to save a penny....critics said CO was nuts for not slashing services and amenities after 9/11 and look where they are. The cost of being so cheap and foolish is catching up to fools in Tempe.

Latest posts