New Safety Video

Well heck, I didn't even know they had one. Are you talking about the safety video for the pax?

Too long and weird. I'm sure the millennials will like it. I think it is dumb!

It's slick, but WAY overproduced for my taste.  But it may actually get the attention of the passengers which is, of course, the point.

over produced and more division between classes, why do you have a shoulder harness in executive class only. So much for being a diverse Airline.
Also I do not see one black person in the upper echelon of AA or old US. Did they steal trumps mantra going for great. isn't trump racist or is the media racist.

ATD said:
over produced and more division between classes, why do you have a shoulder harness in executive class only. So much for being a diverse Airline.
Also I do not see one black person in the upper echelon of AA or old US. Did they steal trumps mantra going for great. isn't trump racist or is the media racist.

I guess if the video met your standards, the inspiration would have been credited to HRC.

IORFA said:

I can only speak for DL and BA:  their safety videos are approx. 4-5 minutes.
The BA one is actually a tacky cartoon, kind of almost creepy, with graphics just a tad better than South Park.

I think the video is pretty good, passengers should pay attention to it. To bad they couldn't have used a mock up of a cabin to do it though. Make it look like one of our interiors.

IORFA said:
I agree--dumb and weird.  Those silver and blue hands that intervene with the smoker or wrap themselves around the passenger waist, or put the phone in airplane mode are just downright creepy.  The emergency path lighting that swirls around the f/a is confusing.  Why not show an actual airplane aisle with actual emergency path lighting AND an example of what you would see when you reached the exit.  Or, are we assuming that there will be enough light and lack of smoke/fire that the passenger will have no problem finding the exit.

I doubt seriously that anyone will watch the whole thing even the first time.  But, then they don't watch them now; so, what have we accomplished other than spending money to do something different?  Different and better are not synonyms.  In the Information Technology field we used to have a hard and fast rule...If it works, don't fix it.  (A rule with which Sabre is not familiar.)  I would add, if it doesn't work, don't spend money to replace it with something else that doesn't work.

ATD said:
The shoulder harnesses are required by the FAA because of the nature of the seating.  Unlike a regular seat where if you pitch forward you hit the soft, upholstered cushion of the seat in front of you, in the Executive class there are hard surfaces surrounding the passenger which would result in a fatality if contacted by the passenger's head.  It's the same reason why we have the airbelts on the 737s at the bulkhead rows.  Not everything in life is race related.

Reactions: 3 people

Latest posts