Status
Not open for further replies.

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
American Airlines Launches New Service Between Miami And Milan

American Airlines today announces daily nonstop service between Miami International Airport (MIA) and Malpensa Airport (MXP) in Milan – further strengthening American'sposition as a premier provider of international travel to Europe. Through American's
extensive network out of Miami, customers traveling from Milan will now have
access to more than 100 destinations throughout the United States, Caribbean
and Latin America. Customers can begin booking travel on the new route June 2,
for travel beginning Nov. 21.

http://www.bloomberg.com/article/2013-05-30/aaXMpy.JTO3s.html

Funny US has been running CLT-FRA for years successfully, and they add a second daily flight at peak travel.

Do you realize CLT is named after Queen Charlotte of Germany?

Funny US has been running CLT-FRA for years successfully, and they add a second daily flight at peak travel.

Do you realize CLT is named after Queen Charlotte of Germany?
The fact that CLT and FRA are * alliance hubs and the fact that US and LH are * alliance carriers might factor into that success a little bit, don't you think?

Reactions: 1 person
CLT-FRA was running for years before US ever joined *

US way before * even ran LH out of CLT, LH flew FRA-CLT-IAH with a 747 combi.

CLT-FRA was running for years before US ever joined *

US way before * even ran LH out of CLT, LH flew FRA-CLT-IAH with a 747 combi.

That's lovely. IMHO one should be able to make more profits serving MIA-FRA (higher O&D) compared to CLT-FRA (more connecting traffic). Just a wild guess comparing/contrasting the demographics of Charlotte and NC compared to MIA / south Florida.

I really doubt there are enough passengers from MIA to make it a viable flight.

I really doubt there are enough passengers from MIA to make it a viable flight.

You're probably correct, but the predominant traffic flows to/from MIA are the other way around - there will be many more German-originating passengers to MIA than MIA-originating traffic to FRA.

Really?

So why doesnt any us based airline fly MIA-FRA?

Stick to fixing planes

LH flies from FRA-MIA with the 748i or an A380 depending on the time of year.

So explain your logic.

No US airline flies MIA-FRA because MIA isn't a hub, except for one carrier. FRA would be a good flight load wise (not sure about $ wise though) because the Germans love Florida. Not just MIA, but connections to Orlando and Tampa included. Many days we have 30-50 or more (I've seen about 80 as the max) German connections to FRA. They love it so much that OneWorld partner AirBerlin even flies from Dusseldorf to Ft Myers. I think a MIA-FRA route could work given the connection opportunities to Florida, Caribbean and South and Central America. Maybe even a flight to Berlin from MIA to connect in Europe to AirBerlin connections in Europe. In the meantime the MXP-MIA flight is welcome news in building MIA up with more European flights.

There are many airlines that have flights from secondary cities to europe, DL does it from PIT and I think PHL to CDG, RDU to LHR on AA are ones right off the top of my head.

BOS isnt a hub and there are us carriers flying to europe from there.

Dont you remember CLT-LGW was awarded and flown till after the merger TPA-CLT-LGW?

Status
Not open for further replies.