new service

Status
Not open for further replies.

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
I know from a very reliable source AA is adding a new destination from Miami in the coming couple months. Any one care to guess. I wasn''t able to pry the city or region. I hope for the sake of the Miami international bid sheet, that its a long haul flight.

Well, I looked at the Sept 4 sked change for JFK and it doesn't look that bad.GIG is gone, but we knew that was coming.LAX and SFO lose 1 each,SJU is at 7 daily.1 LHR trip has been pruned and several other fights have dropped from 7 days a week to 4 and 5 days.A lot better than I had expected and should not have that great of an impact on the staffing here.(In theory)

The 737 also returns from summer exile on the SJC trip.

How about NRT? Wasn't there a rumor about MIA-NRT a while back? Or maybe it was a second daily JFK-NRT. Too bad we can't go back to the old messages to check...

----------------
On 8/20/2002 1:39:28 PM

Since AS is about to announce SEA-MIA, I would think that AA will restore its own MIA-SEA direct. I wouldn't like to see AA just "give" this route to AS.

----------------

SEA-MIA, when AA had it, relied heavily upon flow traffic from NRT-SEA. Since there is no announced plan to return NRT-SEA service, I wouldn't expect that AA would add back SEA-MIA quite yet.

As far as Mikey's question... My guess is that the new market may be VLN.

----------------
On 8/20/2002 1:01:37 AM

I know from a very reliable source AA is adding a new destination from Miami in the coming couple months. Any one care to guess. I wasn't able to pry the city or region. I hope for the sake of the Miami international bid sheet, that its a long haul flight.
----------------

Since AS is about to announce SEA-MIA, I would think that AA will restore its own MIA-SEA direct. I wouldn't like to see AA just "give" this route to AS.

----------------
On 8/20/2002 1:54:12 PM

SEA-MIA, when AA had it, relied heavily upon flow traffic from NRT-SEA. Since there is no announced plan to return NRT-SEA service, I wouldn't expect that AA would add back SEA-MIA quite yet.

As far as Mikey's question... My guess is that the new market may be VLN.
----------------

Well obviously AS isn't counting on SEA-NRT connections to fill their MIA-SEA planes. I know the conventional wisdom as to why AS will be successful on this route where AA was not... the fanatical devotion of AS's Northwest FF base, typically lower fares, etc... nevertheless, I don't want to see AA just surrendering in the face of AS expansion. AA should do whatever it takes to compete with AS on this route. It's not like there aren't enough pilots and F/As to crew it with... Just my 2 cents.

----------------
On 8/20/2002 3:46:03 AM

Well, I looked at the Sept 4 sked change for JFK and it doesn't look that bad.GIG is gone, but we knew that was coming.LAX and SFO lose 1 each,SJU is at 7 daily.1 LHR trip has been pruned and several other fights have dropped from 7 days a week to 4 and 5 days.A lot better than I had expected and should not have that great of an impact on the staffing here.(In theory)

The 737 also returns from summer exile on the SJC trip.
----------------

What do you mean by "The 737 also returns from summer exile on the SJC trip." ? Does this mean +1 JFK-SJC or minus 1 ? For several weeks, the schedules have been reflecting cutting back to 1 daily JFK-SJC, but it's a 762. Does this mean they are adding back a 2nd JFK-SJC (on a 737) or changing the existing 1 daily from 762 to 737 ?

----------------
On 8/20/2002 5:18:31 PM

Effective 9/04 231 goes back to a 737.

----------------

Wow... reducing SJC-JFK from 2x to 1x/day, then reducing the 1x day from 762 to 737... yields on this route must really stink (which is sad to see, especially for me since I'm an SJC-based AA customer)...

I'll guess NRT. If AA does in fact have extra slots there, then MIA--with all its connections to Brazil and the rest of Latin America--seems more likely than a second flight to JFK, which already has plenty of service. Maybe they could transfer the dormant BOS-NRT or DFW-KIX authority?

A NRT would likley be the most senior trip here. 9 day month. I would do it in a second. Tring to hold the a TIFS (or what ever they are calling it these days) proffer would be another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.