New Service

PVD-PHL hasn't seen a 757 in a few months now...

I question why there is a US 320 and HP 319 PHL-PHX 5 minutes a part in the mid-morning. I think there might be a few more examples like this...

The FLL-MBJ is the result of FLL-CUN being discontinued until CUN is back up to the demand it should be. The CLT-GUA is a change out from FLL-GUA. I suspect that the BOS_PUJ replaces the BOS-CUN flight like the FLL run.
The 6pm Departures are about 15-20 minutes apart from PHL-PHX.

Also PHL-LAS the AM & PM HP flights both have a US 757 in near proximity.
US Has a 7:35am, 4pm, 6:05p & 8:15pm
HP Has a 8am & 8:10pm

actualy the US 8:15pm flight leaves 5 minutes later than the HP but arrives in LAS 11 minutes earlier.

I know flights departing PHL around NOON means leaving it there waiting overnight or for a red-eye. Maybe when they do happen to merge better flights will be offered.

PIT-LAS both have an 8:45am flight.

PVD-PHL hasn't seen a 757 in a few months now...

I question why there is a US 320 and HP 319 PHL-PHX 5 minutes a part in the mid-morning. I think there might be a few more examples like this...

The FLL-MBJ is the result of FLL-CUN being discontinued until CUN is back up to the demand it should be. The CLT-GUA is a change out from FLL-GUA. I suspect that the BOS_PUJ replaces the BOS-CUN flight like the FLL run.
BOS-PUJ does not replace BOS-CUN. Both will be operating.

I'm not sure you all understand whats happening right now. If US Airways was to "grow" right now and then run into problems, Parker would be criticized for "growing too fast". All of these marketing ideas all sound great, but the big picture is much different than just dreaming up places to put 737's, 757s, etc. This merger is roughly 5 1/2 weeks old, I think the bleeding from the old US Airways has to be stopped before they jump into money sucking route restructures without enough knowledge, history and experience. Don't forget, there was a lot to fix with the old US Airways post bk and it's not an easy task. As for all of the other growth in the industry, Delta and United are in bankruptcy and in while bk, you have more flexibility with equipment, contracts, leases etc. Neither one of those carries now have proven that their latest moves will work...so hang in there and exercise some patience. There is no way you can compare anything that Jet Blue and Southwest airlines do...they are in different situations with eq, crews, mx, their cost will always be much lower than those of US Airways because they do not offer the amenties or equipement flexibility that US does (among other differences).
This is code for express as many stations as possible and RJ as many routs and test as many routs with RJ's as possible. Fight the unions at every turn with transition to take the worst of every contract then with the money in the bank get a A/C order and start with the new after they got rid of the old.

This is code for express as many stations as possible and RJ as many routs and test as many routs with RJ's as possible. Fight the unions at every turn with transition to take the worst of every contract then with the money in the bank get a A/C order and start with the new after they got rid of the old.

Though the RJ situation is very unpopular among crews and unions, they do have their purpose and if used correctly work very well. Consider that using express flights on mainline cities, allows for increased frequency without the high cost of a 1/2 full jet, entering new markets and routes to allow for the market to work, eventually working into a mainline service and allowing the use of larger jets in markets where there is greater demand. I'm not advocating misuse of express flights, but they certainly help a carrier generate revenue when used right.

there was no BOS-CUN during the week. Just the 2 flights on Sat.

There certainly were. Up to 5x weekly in the high season.

http://usairways.com/about/press_2003/nw_03_0708.htm

On Feb. 14, 2004, US Airways will increase its Boston-Cancun service to operate five times per week, with one roundtrip flight on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, as well as two roundtrip flights on Saturday.

Remember that? CCY used to issue press releases when US started new service. What a quaint idea.

There certainly were. Up to 5x weekly in the high season.

http://usairways.com/about/press_2003/nw_03_0708.htm

On Feb. 14, 2004, US Airways will increase its Boston-Cancun service to operate five times per week, with one roundtrip flight on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, as well as two roundtrip flights on Saturday.

Remember that? CCY used to issue press releases when US started new service. What a quaint idea.

Um.....that was for the high season. We haven't run trips BOS-CUN 5X weekly since last spring. 2 trips on Sat, 1 trip on Sunday. That is all that was in the schedule for Nov.

The Feb schedule isn't even final. A lot has changed in the last year. How do you know that US was going to offer the same 5X weekly schedule?

The Feb schedule isn't even final. A lot has changed in the last year. How do you know that US was going to offer the same 5X weekly schedule?

Of course, they could have been planning on changing it, but it was in the schedule before the hurricane, and now it's not. It's in the schedule for 6x weekly in March right now. I know that's not final, but that does lead me to believe the hurricane is the reason they cut the frequency in February.

For what it's worth (and staying on topic) PVD-LGA went up to 6X weekdays earlier this month and PVD-DCA goes to 6X weekdays next month and there has been no PR for those either. Not that either is earth shattering news, but I'm overjoyed about both. PVD's schedule to all 5 cities US serves will be great. Well timed and spread out throughout the day with appropriate sized aircraft. Now if we could just get one of those duplicate PHL-PHX morning flights to tie us into the west coast network, I'll be real happy...

Would anyone know why the BOS-PUJ flight on Jan 7 operates as 223? This flight number is also for BOS-MBJ. Confusing..

My guess would be that there is a schedule change sometime between the 7th and the 14th. The flight number got juggled around. The two flights aren't operating with the same number.

BOS-PUJ is flt 223
BOS-MBJ is flt 651

My guess would be that there is a schedule change sometime between the 7th and the 14th. The flight number got juggled around. The two flights aren't operating with the same number.

BOS-PUJ is flt 223
BOS-MBJ is flt 651
Thanks. BOS-MBJ is still showing as 223 in the timetable.

Latest posts