may reach me at [email protected]

Candi Covelli, MEC US Airways Uniform Co-Chair East. Candy is
based in PIT Local Council #40. Candy is a thirty three-year
Flight Attendant and has served council # 40 in various
capacities including the Safety Committee and Grievance
Committee. You may reach Candy at [email protected] or
[email protected]

It is my pleasure to introduce to the US Airways East family two
wonderfully talented and hardworking Flight Attendants.

Robyn Walters, MEC US Airways Uniform Co-Chair West. Robin is
based in PHX Local Council #66. Robin serves as Co-Chair of the
Uniform Committee and has done so since its inception at America
West Airlines two years ago. She also currently works with the
Grievance Committee. You may reach Robin at [email protected]

Bob Spinner, MEC US Airways Uniform Co-Chair West. Bob is based
in PHX Local Council #66. Bob also serves as Co-Chair of the
Uniform Committee since its inception at America West Airlines
two years ago. He was a member of the EOW team that qualified
America West Airlines for the Hawaii service this December. He
will also be a part of the team to perform the proving runs. You
may reach Bob at [email protected]

Candi and I would like to thank both Robyn and Bob for their
enthusiasm, hard work and friendship. We look forward to working
with you both on this adventure into a new future for US
Airways.

As the first of the target groups to meet with management, I was
very impressed with the members that were involved and their
desire and willingness to have online personnel involved from
the inception. Ron Cole began the introductions and informed the
MEC Uniform Co-Chairs that the company was looking to us to lead
the way in the creation of a combined uniform. He made clear the
desire of the company to move quickly on the new uniform with a
goal of presenting to Sr. Management initial selections by late
January 2006.

Ron Cole and Kevin Jackson presented the concept of the new US
Airways look. They informed us the look will be "Corporate
Casual" and will meet the "seven terms." The "seven terms" are:

1) Simple and uncomplicated
2) Fresh
3) Confident with energy
4) Comfortable
5) Present a friendly feel
6) Reliable in wear and quality
7) Value driven.

Your MEC Chairs were asked to present our concept for a combined
uniform look with this concept in mind. We reviewed the pro and
con's of our respective uniforms. We were asked to provide
feedback and suggestions about concepts for a uniform utilizing
the corporate casual branding. Many items were discussed
including the importance of US Airways International presence
and the need for maintaining a corporate look (tie option) for
this market. However, a tie-less option may be the norm on all
domestic flights. We also reviewed potential new casual shirt
designs for both men and women. Keep in mind that a dress shirt
is also being looked at for those who will be wearing a tie.
Blazer and sweater options as well as the core shell of the
uniform including color were also discussed.

All of the uniform items remain open for discussion. The current
US Airways dress issue was heavily discussed with some potential
solutions. The objective is to reduce unnecessary items that
aides in the reduction of cost for stocking the uniform and
enable the company to refocus those savings for a higher quality
of uniform.

Kevin Jackson informed the MEC Chairs that the company had
requested designs, materials, and cost samples utilizing the new
image brand and the "seven terms." The vendors vying for this
contract are: Cintas (US Airways current uniform vendor), Lion
Apparel (US Airways previous uniform vendor and AWA current ramp
vendor), M & H (AWA current uniform vendor), and Aramark (US
Airways current ramp vendor). Samples from these companies are
to be presented for consideration by November 30, 2005. A follow
up meeting for this round table has been tentatively set for
December 07, 2005 to consider these samples.

We are very excited that a new uniform is being developed and
the request of Sr. Management that your MEC Co-Chairs be
actively involved from the beginning. Please keep in mind that
this was the first meeting regarding uniforms and nothing has
been written in stone. All options and items are on the table
for discussion. We ask that you stay informed via AFA e-line or
through your local uniform representatives for additional
updates as they become available. If you have questions or would
like to voice your concerns or thoughts regarding a uniform
issue please feel free to contact Candi or me at the
above-mentioned emails. You may also go through your Local AFA
council office. We look forward to hearing from you. Welcome
Aboard.

AFA MEC Uniform Co-Chairs

Candi Covelli
Brian Morgan
--------------------------------------------------

sounds very good.

What? No more tabs and ties? What about US*stylized A*ir belt buckles?

The shock of not seeing those for the first time will need me three minis and a plastic cup.

" All options and items are on the table
for discussion. We ask that you stay informed via AFA e-line or
through your local uniform representatives for additional
updates as they become available. If you have questions or would
like to voice your concerns or thoughts regarding a uniform
issue please feel free to contact Candi or me at the
above-mentioned emails. You may also go through your Local AFA
council office. We look forward to hearing from you." Welcome
Aboard.

AFA MEC Uniform Co-Chairs

Candi Covelli
Brian Morgan
--------------------------------------------------

:) Remember that interesting debate we all had a couple of weeks ago about uniform ideas? NOW is the time to let the uniform committee know what we think. Send an email. Caution, Brian's box appears to be full and the Local 40 email address is misspelled. :blink:

MORE DISH !!!!

According to the company in keeping the LCC tradition, they don't plan on a Kate Spade or Richard Tyler designer uniforms!!! However they are thinking about talking to one of the Network TV shows and the creators of the reality hit "Project Runway". In order to keep the cost down, they are willing to allow their unknown designers to compete in designing the new US Airways uniforms for their upcoming episode. Not only is it good advertisement for US Airways, the cost of hiring the designer would be free. Any truth?

Don't you just love this dish? :p

See the Reality Hit Show here :

16 UNKNOWN DESIGNERS -- WHO WILL MAKE THE CUT?

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

project runway is the only reality show I watch and I'm not even into fashion. I hope we get another Wendy Pepper and Jay!
Oh LORD..THANK YOU! I was trying to figure out last night where I knew that name from. ARG! (And that is a funny show! Jay made me ill..still cannot believe he WON!)

Jay rules! U F/A's in Jay originals!

I know nothing about fashion, but I know someone with an artistic vision. The others might have been good craftsmen, costumers or dress makers, but they weren't designers.

Air France -- no matter how you feel about the airline, you've got to admit it -- their people ALWAYS look good!

"If ever there's an opportunity to convey a message about one's brand via design, it's in that trusty corporate artifact, the uniform. That's why Air France unveiled a new line of outfits in April designed by Christian Lacroix, one of Paris's most enduring designers. The uniforms have a clean, elegant, 1960s-inspired look, with details such as a blue scarf, a cinched waist, or a red sash that make passengers want to stand up and shout, "Vive la France!" Says Anixter: "Hiring Lacroix was brilliant," but Air France failed to fully capitalize. "In the end, it's far too understated."

Since US colors, as well as Air France's are the same (red, white and blue) -- maybe we could "borrow" a few of their ideas... Frankly, I'm afraid that US is going to cater to the lowest class and I really do not want to see polo shirts and shorts and sneakers (a la SWA & Sun Country, etc...) It's a proven fact that how you dress, how you look, effects your attitude and behavior. We need to think "Target" not "Walmart". There's a difference between low-cost and cheap. And a very, very thin line! I agree that the uniform pieces need to be sturdy, yet inexpensive, but don't overlook the details and accecssories! THAT is where a statement about who WE are can be made -- and accessories don't wear out as quickly and usually you only need 1 (like a red belt or gorgeous scarf, ladies) and it can be combined with different pieces for a real "LOOK". Oh, please, this is the time to do it right !! What ever is chosen -- we're going to be stuck with for several years.

Here's an interesting write up about the effort and thought that went into AF new uniforms:
http://www.airfrance.com/double6/file/Y1/f...niformes_gb.pdf

Some pictures http://www.airfrance.us/cgi-bin/AF/US/en/l...ecekedfnfdfnj.0

Ok, that's more than my 2 cents...Sorry.

Since US colors, as well as Air France's are the same (red, white and blue) -- maybe we could "borrow" a few of their ideas... Frankly, I'm afraid that US is going to cater to the lowest class and I really do not want to see polo shirts and shorts and sneakers (a la SWA & Sun Country, etc...) It's a proven fact that how you dress, how you look, effects your attitude and behavior. We need to think "Target" not "Walmart". There's a difference between low-cost and cheap. And a very, very thin line! I agree that the uniform pieces need to be sturdy, yet inexpensive, but don't overlook the details and accecssories! THAT is where a statement about who WE are can be made -- and accessories don't wear out as quickly and usually you only need 1 (like a red belt or gorgeous scarf, ladies) and it can be combined with different pieces for a real "LOOK". Oh, please, this is the time to do it right !! What ever is chosen -- we're going to be stuck with for several years.

I agree!!! I'm very concerned about the HP Uniform Committee though. They asked the company about the NO Tie Options in the summer. It's so tacky!!! I can't believe those two suggested that. Now our flight attendants look like Bellhops without ties. :down:
I have no problem with women not wearing the ties. A nice blouse for them looks nice, but not the aviator shirts!

I hope we get to vote on the Uniform pieces.

I agree!!! I'm very concerned about the HP Uniform Committee though. They asked the company about the NO Tie Options in the summer. It's so tacky!!! I can't believe those two suggested that. Now our flight attendants look like Bellhops without ties. :down:
I have no problem with women not wearing the ties. A nice blouse for them looks nice, but not the aviator shirts!
I hope we get to vote on the Uniform pieces.

All I can hope for is that the uniform committee members have some class. From the HP side, though I don't know both on the committee, I'm not sure they have the best of tastes. I agree that removing the tie felt good, it was the wrong look, especially the way people wore it. Those in uniform haved to find the balance between comfort and pride in those that wear them. To be honest...i'm very concerned about what they may come up with.
'

NO on ties!!

No on aviator shirts!!

Give transatlantic their strangling ties and paper thin shirts.

I want COMFORT!!

I can be professional AND comfortable!!

JUST GIVE ME QUALITY!!!

NO on ties!!

No on aviator shirts!!

Give transatlantic their strangling ties and paper thin shirts.

I want COMFORT!!

I can be professional AND comfortable!!

JUST GIVE ME QUALITY!!!

That is probably b/c you are 500lbs. like half of the workforce and feel as if you are being strangled because there isn't a tie big enough that doesn't cut into the fat. It is an absolute fact that you act and perform and dress alike - dress sloppy perform and act sloppy - and the ones that already do act sloppy might as well look good doing it - in case you forgot as well it is not hot 24/7 in BOS LGA DCA PHL PIT CLT, it is cold most of the time and a tie looks nice and should be mandatory. no KHAKIS and NO POLOS.. Button up aviatiors with a silver and red stripe eps.. at least 3 tie options and nice nameless silver wings like the eastie has already.. I actually would like to see a greay uniform with a red and silver sleeve on the jacket sleeve.

That is probably b/c you are 500lbs. like half of the workforce and feel as if you are being strangled because there isn't a tie big enough that doesn't cut into the fat. It is an absolute fact that you act and perform and dress alike - dress sloppy perform and act sloppy - and the ones that already do act sloppy might as well look good doing it - in case you forgot as well it is not hot 24/7 in BOS LGA DCA PHL PIT CLT, it is cold most of the time and a tie looks nice and should be mandatory. no KHAKIS and NO POLOS.. Button up aviatiors with a silver and red stripe eps.. at least 3 tie options and nice nameless silver wings like the eastie has already.. I actually would like to see a greay uniform with a red and silver sleeve on the jacket sleeve.

Well BIGMOUTH, you are WRONG on ALL points!! I KEEP myself in shape and I am VERY neat AND perform with more class than your sorry bitter ass, MDA f/a piece of trash could EVER perform, so if you wanna fight, come at it. :angry:

I take alot of pride in what I do and HONOR my 19 years of service by pressing my shirt (with starch) and making sure my uniform is in tip top shape AND tuck my cheap ass, thinned layer, nipple showing, over-sized looser aviator shirt in my underwear so I have a polished look. I keep my shoes polished and my hair nicely styled.

I DO NOT know where YOU get off on blasting my ass, but unless you have ever met me and work with me, keep your damn mouth shut. And BTW, Don't you dare take your frustrations of what has happened to you and yours at MDA out on me with your venom. I can think of NO other excuse.

You are entitled to your opinions, as am I. Just because I am ready to lighten up and enjoy my 40's with a more casual look does NOT make me ANY less professional.

I will take a Gap looking f/a with tons of personality anyday over a stuck up, wound up, uptight c### in a jacket and tie OR skirt.. and YES, I said the C word.

You pissed off the wrong person. You're post was totally unnecessary!! :rant: :rant: :rant: :censored:

Well BIGMOUTH, you are WRONG on ALL points!! I KEEP myself in shape and I am VERY neat AND perform with more class than your sorry bitter ass, MDA f/a piece of trash could EVER perform, so if you wanna fight, come at it. :angry:

I take alot of pride in what I do and HONOR my 19 years of service by pressing my shirt (with starch) and making sure my uniform is in tip top shape AND tuck my cheap ass, thinned layer, nipple showing, over-sized looser aviator shirt in my underwear so I have a polished look. I keep my shoes polished and my hair nicely styled.

I DO NOT know where YOU get off on blasting my ass, but unless you have ever met me and work with me, keep your damn mouth shut. And BTW, Don't you dare take your frustrations of what has happened to you and yours at MDA out on me with your venom. I can think of NO other excuse.

You are entitled to your opinions, as am I. Just because I am ready to lighten up and enjoy my 40's with a more casual look does NOT make me ANY less professional.

I will take a Gap looking f/a with tons of personality anyday over a stuck up, wound up, uptight c### in a jacket and tie OR skirt.. and YES, I said the C word.

You pissed off the wrong person. You're post was totally unnecessary!! :rant: :rant: :rant: :censored:
I will be happy to get the kitty litter out for you girls...

Latest posts