New US Gates at MIA

The merger hasnt even been complete yet, its a bit early to figure out what gates are going where.

This thread is a bit premature.

US already co-located with AA at JFK, and the AA MIA manager I know said US would be moving. Again not sure why the hold up, the J gates are much nicer besides. MIA is a very small station for US, only CLT and PHL flights, no club and many flights are on dumpy 734s.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
There are leases and facilities to consider and US and AA arent merged, nor are the operating certificates, things like this take time.

Thats because US pulled down MIA and increased FLL.

The 734s are being retired next year, they are all maintained to above FAA standards, but I forgot your are an Aircraft Inspector and know everything about airplanes.

700UW said:
There are leases and facilities to consider and US and AA arent merged, nor are the operating certificates, things like this take time.

The 734s are being retired next year, they are all maintained to above FAA standards, but I forgot your are an Aircraft Inspector and know everything about airplanes.

Airliners can indeed be maintained to above FAA standards and still be "dumpy" to the traveling public.  I haven't been in one of the 737-400s in quite some time, but it would not surprise me if looking at the cabin the word "dumpy" would come to mind, since these are scheduled for retirement.  "Above FAA standards" leaves a lot of wiggle room for passenger amenities and aircraft appearance.

Reactions: 5 people
They redid the interiors after the merger, and that was it, I doubt they put much upkeep to the cabin because of the planned retirements.

The last 734 hmv was done two weeks ago in the CLT hangar.

700UW said:

And you know everything about us AMT's.

Reactions: 3 people
Many of the 737 400's are dumpy. They had lots of interior problems even 2 years ago when I got off flying them. Constant overflowing coffee pots, soaked dirty floors, jagged metal edges hanging from seats, poor seats, broken interior lights. The list goes on.

In fact many of our AB are poor as well. Been on a west AC lately? Those seats are like sitting on a 2x4

Reactions: 1 person
flyer63 said:
Many of the 737 400's are dumpy. They had lots of interior problems even 2 years ago when I got off flying them. Constant overflowing coffee pots, soaked dirty floors, jagged metal edges hanging from seats, poor seats, broken interior lights. The list goes on.

In fact many of our AB are poor as well. Been on a west AC lately? Those seats are like sitting on a 2x4
When the MCO-PHX flight is downgraded from a 'nearly brand new 321' to a 'who even knows how old 320', I feel like I'm being bumped out of my room at the Hyatt Place and checking into the Quality Inn @ I-85.  

Reactions: 6 people
Move has been completed, US now operates from concourse E in the North Terminal. Wonder who will back fill US' former J gates.

Josh