Non-Rev Travel questions

fatherof2

Jun 22, 2004
Happy Holidays from a furloughed employee.
I have been furloughed now for almost a year and have a few questions concerning non-rev travel. My hope is that one of you seasoned veterans can help me.

1) Parent Travel- Do Parents now have to pay $15.00 per leg?.....how about travel to Hawaii? can they fly there even though the merger i not complete? if so, How much does that cost per leg?
2) Furloughed Employee - When I check in, do I just go to the kiosk or ticket counter, and present my furloughed employee number? And can I and my family also fly on the new extended USAirways/AmWest?

I do wish you all a very safe and Happy Holidays! and still feel that USAirways has the BEST employees aviation has to offer! :)

father,

I don't non-rev much but I'll take a stab at #2...

It's my understanding that we still need to treat flying on the "other half" as interline travel until non-rev systems are merged so you'd need to get an ID100 (free non-rev) ticket at a US facility before you travel on HP operated flights.

If this is wrong, hopefully someone will correct it.

Jim

2) Furloughed Employee - When I check in, do I just go to the kiosk or ticket counter, and present my furloughed employee number? And can I and my family also fly on the new extended USAirways/AmWest?

I had this the other day an MI parent wanting to go to PDX. I called the help desk and as of now only active employees can fly on US and HP. She said hopefully it will change in the next couple of month.

So no Hawaii quite yet, but hopefully soon.

Have a great holiday also!