Non-union Tp Participation

mr wrote: But the airline will survive. And isn't that the goal? To live to fight another day?

Actually I hope you're right on with this scenario then at least some employees will continue their careers and retirees will sleep better, but my gut says U is finished, hope I am wrong.

Not that I have any standing to argue one way or the other, but as an outsider looking in...one thing seems painfully obvious and I, for one, don't understand why 320Pilot hasn't seen it.

The goal of management is to abrogate ALL of the previous labor agreements and start a brand new airline.

MidAtlantic will be the surviving entity out of the bankruptcy. USAirways, as well have known it in the past, will cease to exist. True, the MidAtlantic airplanes may have USAirways painted on the side, but the articles of incorporation will read something like "MidAtlantic Airways dba USAirways."

Management at U has not been interested in the existing company making it as a going concern. On the contrary, one could make a cogent argument that they did everything in their power to avoid succeeding. I imagine they were very disappointed in having to report a net profit for Q2.

Somebody gets hosed in a bankruptcy, they always do, and it isn't just the employees. I guess the bigger question is are the creditors going to sit happily by while the U management team tries to perform some serious sleight of hand?

Yes, it is true that reservations agents may be getting paid $13.10 an hour at top out. But despite ALPA's wants and needs and claims, what is to stop management from tossing out the ALPA contract too...and paying A320 pilots $65 an hour?

The short answer is NOTHING can stop that.

You know, there is a story about Nazi Germany about Hitler's folks coming for the Jews, but this individual did nothing because he wasn't Jewish.....and then Hitler's folks came for the Gypsies...but this individual did nothing because he wasn't a Gypsy, and so and so forth (I don't remember the entire tale) but the bottom line is by the time Hitler's minions came for this person, there was no one left to turn to, as everyone had already been taken.

That might be something for the pilots to keep in mind.....it may sound fun and profitable to sell the res agents and the ops agents and the bag busters and the honey bucket emptiers and the Flight Attendants down the river for a few pieces of silver......but what you gonna do when the benevolent management team you got decides that the amount of silver they are paying you is too much and they want you to fly that airplane for a buck sixty an hour plus tips?

ELP_WN_Psgr said:
The goal of management is to abrogate ALL of the previous labor agreements and start a brand new airline
[post="168581"][/post]​
You may well be right, but riddle me this:

If that's their goal, wouldn't it have been far easier and less expensive to simply start a new airline with the lower cost structure and quickly beat the crap out of US?

mweiss said:
You may well be right, but riddle me this:

If that's their goal, wouldn't it have been far easier and less expensive to simply start a new airline with the lower cost structure and quickly beat the crap out of US?
[post="168619"][/post]​

Somehow I think their fiduciary responsibities to the shareholders would preclude that.

If the Company sinks, I suspect that their will be a lot of legal action against the BoD and Officers for breach of fiduciary duties. I believe I have read that some of the unions have seats on the BoD. If so this may also cause problems to the unions' top leaders. It gets even more convoluted if some members of the BoD had less then full information from the Company.

I also suspect that lawyers will be the only ones happy when all the dust settles, no matter how it settles. They get paid by the hour and the more convoluted it is, the more they make.