Northwest Dropping Jfk-nrt

well PTO/KTO perhaps you should at least know a little something about UNIONS before you stick your foot in your mouth :blink:

yea we see how much wisdom you have to offer :lol: heres a clue PTO/KTO if not for AMFA you would'nt even have the privledge to earn the wages they are paying scabs at NWA!

If it weren't for AMFA I would be at home right now and we wouldn't be having this discussion. The AMFA members would be in a lot better position than they are now. AMFA has screwed this whole deal up. You are still defending a union that has royally screwed every one of its members. You must really enjoy it.

PlayTheOdds said:
If it weren't for AMFA I would be at home right now and we wouldn't be having this discussion. The AMFA members would be in a lot better position than they are now. AMFA has screwed this whole deal up. You are still defending a union that has royally screwed every one of its members. You must really enjoy it.
[post="298481"][/post]​
you just validated my statement.........! the AMFA members would/are going to lose those jobs to third party Irregardless if they caved to the UNION busting tactics of NWA. over half to be thrown to the curb, the remaining to recieve 26% pay cuts. attrition to eliminate the remainder. If im going into a fight that I know I can't win then you can bet your a$$ Im taking my opponent out with me.

local 12 proud said:
you just validated my statement.........! the AMFA members would/are going to lose those jobs to third party Irregardless if they caved to the UNION busting tactics of NWA. over half to be thrown to the curb, the remaining to recieve 26% pay cuts. attrition to eliminate the remainder. If im going into a fight that I know I can't win then you can bet your a$$ Im taking my opponent out with me.
[post="298486"][/post]​

ir·re·gard·less ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-gärdls)
adv. Nonstandard
Regardless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Probably blend of irrespective, and regardless.]
Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

Hmmmm can't quite think of the quote but something about glass house and stones rings a bell.

Yea? Well that’s what all those Kamikaze pilots thought in World War II. What did it get them? Do you call receiving six months of severance pay and benefits getting kicked to the curb? That is a very generous offer for a company in financial turmoil. You can look at it as losing half your jobs or saving half, that’s just a matter of mental preference. 25% cut in pay I believe was the initial number. Even at that you are well above the national average income. That kind of pay is hard to find these days.
Some of your cleaners were making twenty-two an hour. That position is normally used to get your foot in the door at a company, not make a career out of. That position is usually held for kids and college students. That is a ten dollar an hour job at best. Why would Mechanics team up with cleaners and custodians anyway? Talk about an odd ball set up. You just took a skilled labor and added menial cheap labor to the picture. Two-thirds of you guys were unskilled labor that could be replaced at the drop of a hat. AMFA built a union with suckers and got paid royally for it while the skilled labor movement got screwed. Congratulations saps you pulled that off really well.

Garfield1966 said:
ir·re·gard·less ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-gärdls)
adv. Nonstandard
Regardless.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Probably blend of irrespective, and regardless.]
Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.
Hmmmm can't quite think of the quote but something about glass house and stones rings a bell.
[post="298491"][/post]​
thanks GF1966 for the grammer lesson, now return to crawford and the dung heap with your "SPADE" .........OOOOPS I did it again, another racist remark :lol:

PlayTheOdds said:
Yea? Well that’s what all those Kamikaze pilots thought in World War II. What did it get them? Do you call receiving six months of severance pay and benefits getting kicked to the curb? That is a very generous offer for a company in financial turmoil. You can look at it as losing half your jobs or saving half, that’s just a matter of mental preference. 25% cut in pay I believe was the initial number. Even at that you are well above the national average income. That kind of pay is hard to find these days.
Some of your cleaners were making twenty-two an hour. That position is normally used to get your foot in the door at a company, not make a career out of. That position is usually held for kids and college students. That is a ten dollar an hour job at best. Why would Mechanics team up with cleaners and custodians anyway? Talk about an odd ball set up. You just took a skilled labor and added menial cheap labor to the picture. Two-thirds of you guys were unskilled labor that could be replaced at the drop of a hat. AMFA built a union with suckers and got paid royally for it while the skilled labor movement got screwed. Congratulations saps you pulled that off really well.
[post="298493"][/post]​
PTO/KTO ive already explained to you that NWA's long term plan is to outsource all maintenance and ground crews, so the AMFA members have just basically said "GO AHEAD AND YOUR JOBS WILL BE GONE AS WELL" what part of that cant you grasp. as to why mechanics and a/c cleaners are grouped together is determined by the NMB, being the union expert you claim you should have known this already.

I can see them outsourcing the C & D checks but I don’t think they will outsource the overnights and turnarounds. It is possible I just don't see it happening. You have to have some type of maintenance control within the company.

What was the reasoning for the mechanics to leave the IAM?
Did the cleaners and custodians also belong to the IAM?

local 12 proud said:
If im going into a fight that I know I can't win then you can bet your a$$ I'm taking my opponent out with me.
[post="0"][/post]​

PlayTheOdds said:
What was the reasoning for the mechanics to leave the IAM? Did the cleaners and custodians also belong to the IAM?
[post="0"][/post]​

PTO, why are you discussing NW matters with L 12 P. He is an AA AMFA supporter in the TWU. He can't "take out" NW and knows only second hand about the IAM at NW.