Northwest Dropping Jfk-nrt

PlayTheOdds said:
Well they are in here running their yaps like the know everything.

What is your story upsilon?
[post="298840"][/post]​

And you are certainly not one to talk.

What is your story PTO?

-BigE

PlayTheOdds said:
Everyone here knows my story I'm here to make a buck and bust AMFA. What else would you like to know?
[post="298848"][/post]​

Why AMFA?
In reality, it is not only AMFA but unions in general.

-BigE

PlayTheOdds said:
Because they are the only ones on strike right now.

I would like to see every state go to a right-to-work format. It is time for the unions to go.
[post="298852"][/post]​

You are a sick person.

Why would you want to put your efforts into denying others the ability to earn a fair wage? As you have already admitted you dont plan on staying where you are.

Why is that?

Could it be because once the subsidy for hotel rooms, tools etc run out that you cant support yourself there?Sure some unions are corrupt but AMFA is one of the most Democratic unions in existance and to defeat AMFA only helps corrupt unions like the TWU and IAM.

Do you really think that two parties with unequal wealth have equal power to determine the conditions of employment? Do you really think that Corporations should have unchecked power? Do you like the fact that Corporations have won the ability to excercise Eminent domain to take away your property? Unless common people band together through unions and other organizations we are screwed, (do you belong to the NRA?) the problem with many unions is that they have lost their direction, not that they give workers a collective voice. Before you go on about Communisim consider the fact that every form of society uses some form of collectivism. Always has and always will. Arent we the "United States" of America? A collective of 50 states? Corporations are basically a collective group of investors who invest money in an entity that would likely not be possible if sole individual ownership was the law. Many investors collecively own a corporation. Unions are supposed to be the collective voice of the workers they represent and that is what AMFA has been.

quote=Bob Owens,Sep 12 2005, 12:07 PM]
You are a sick person.

Why would you want to put your efforts into denying others the ability to earn a fair wage? As you have already admitted you dont plan on staying where you are.

Why is that?

This place is not my home so as soon as this is over I shall return there. Also I’m tired of walking up and down that ramp, and the inadequate supply of tooling there is atrocious. If AMFA is all about its members it could have put forth some effort in improving the working conditions there.

Could it be because once the subsidy for hotel rooms, tools etc run out that you cant support yourself there?
Your assumptions are absurde

Sure some unions are corrupt but AMFA is one of the most Democratic unions in existance and to defeat AMFA only helps corrupt unions like the TWU and IAM.From what I have seen all unions are corrupt.

Do you really think that two parties with unequal wealth have equal power to determine the conditions of employment?
Yes I do.

Do you really think that Corporations should have unchecked power? Do you like the fact that Corporations have won the ability to excercise Eminent domain to take away your property?
What?

Unless common people band together through unions and other organizations we are screwed, (do you belong to the NRA?) the problem with many unions is that they have lost their direction, not that they give workers a collective voice. Before you go on about Communisim consider the fact that every form of society uses some form of collectivism. Always has and always will. Arent we the "United States" of America? A collective of 50 states? Corporations are basically a collective group of investors who invest money in an entity that would likely not be possible if sole individual ownership was the law. Many investors collecively own a corporation. You are well enough within bounds that I will go along with that.

Unions are supposed to be the collective voice of the workers they represent and that is what AMFA has been.
NO NO NO No it has not. Where is the collective money that it has taken and pissed off from its members? Why do they only have a 100,000 dollar strike fund? If the strike is the big weapon for the union wouldn't you want to make sure the fund was more than adequate? The working conditions at Northwest is deploreable and your union has done nothing. Keep in mind that that is my opinion as a mechanic. The LMO's are very poorly equipped. I guess if your a union guy it doesn't matter because if they were you might have to work.

The hatred in NW's employee relations is obvious. Whether NW or remains independent or merges w/ DL, it is certain that there will be a major housecleaning of mindsets so that NW can be a survivor. The poison flowing from so many people here proves that NW cannot succeed in a business that is all about customer service - even for people that never talk directly to the paying customer.

WT, your obsession with a NWA/DAL merger is making you sound a lot like Chip Munn with his obsession on US/UAL, not to mention that you're ignoring a much more obvious choice for DAL --- CAL.

PlayTheOdds said:
quote=Bob Owens,Sep 12 2005, 12:07 PM]
You are a sick person.

Why is that?

This place is not my home so as soon as this is over I shall return there. Also I’m tired of walking up and down that ramp, and the inadequate supply of tooling there is atrocious. If AMFA is all about its members it could have put forth some effort in improving the working conditions there.

Could it be because once the subsidy for hotel rooms, tools etc run out that you cant support yourself there?
Your assumptions are absurde

Sure some unions are corrupt but AMFA is one of the most Democratic unions in existance and to defeat AMFA only helps corrupt unions like the TWU and IAM.From what I have seen all unions are corrupt.
Do you really think that two parties with unequal wealth have equal power to determine the conditions of employment?
Yes I do.

Do you really think that Corporations should have unchecked power? Do you like the fact that Corporations have won the ability to excercise Eminent domain to take away your property?
What?
Unless common people band together through unions and other organizations we are screwed, (do you belong to the NRA?) the problem with many unions is that they have lost their direction, not that they give workers a collective voice. Before you go on about Communisim consider the fact that every form of society uses some form of collectivism. Always has and always will. Arent we the "United States" of America? A collective of 50 states? Corporations are basically a collective group of investors who invest money in an entity that would likely not be possible if sole individual ownership was the law. Many investors collecively own a corporation. You are well enough within bounds that I will go along with that.
Unions are supposed to be the collective voice of the workers they represent and that is what AMFA has been.
NO NO NO No it has not. Where is the collective money that it has taken and pissed off from its members? Why do they only have a 100,000 dollar strike fund? If the strike is the big weapon for the union wouldn't you want to make sure the fund was more than adequate? The working conditions at Northwest is deploreable and your union has done nothing. Keep in mind that that is my opinion as a mechanic. The LMO's are very poorly equipped. I guess if your a union guy it doesn't matter because if they were you might have to work.
[post="299889"][/post]​

You sound like an IAM/TWU shill.
Strike Fund?

Thank you UAW!!!

How much is in the PTO/KTO SCAB Fund?

-BigE

Mod,
Chip was after UA because he thought he could win in the situation; I believe in DL/NW because it makes sense and because it is a combination that will allow two sick mid-sized airlines survive and effectively compete despite the significant disadvantages in both of their route systems.

I think DL has gotten the message loud and clear that CO is not interested in any kind of relationship. The three-way alliance between DL-CO-NW was an attempt by DL to inject itself in an established relationship. CO saw that the bed was a little too crowded and has decided to go it alone or look for a new partner.

Given that there are plenty of people that support a CO-UA partnership, I fully expect that consolidation will occur along CO-UA and DL-NW lines. I'll write more but DL-NW and CO-UA are actually pretty well matched in terms of domestic and international capacity and presence. DL-NW doesn't have the same access to some of the key international markets that CO-UA has but much of it can be fixed pretty quickly. And what DL-NW may lack in network access, it will make up for in lower costs which can make it possible for DL-NW to give CO-UA as well as AA-? some serious headaches.

Those two airlines are NOT compatible what-so-ever!! Have you read lately about them being denied anti-trust immunity? That spells doom for either trying to merge with the other. Fleets have very little compatibility. That would kill the deal imediately. NW will merge with the new US and only them. They have twhat that combined airline does not have and vice-versa.

Latest posts