NW having more problems...IMAGINE THAT!

State News

E-Mail To A Friend

Printable Version

Originally Posted on
4/21/2006 4:45:12 PM
Last Updated on
4/21/2006 4:49:34 PMNorthwest Jet makes emergency landing at TIA
Tampa, Florida — A commercial passenger jet with 108 people aboard made an emergency landing at Tampa International Airport this afternoon after the pilot radioed he had "major electrical problems," the airport reported.

The Northwest Flight 880 was enroute from Memphis to TIA when the problems occured.

The specific nature of the elctrical problems was not stated, said airport spokesperson Brenda Geohagan. The jet was given priority clearance for an immediate landing.

It landed shortly after four p.m. without incident and taxied to Airside A to deplane, she said. No injuries were reported.

State News

E-Mail To A Friend

Printable Version

Originally Posted on
Last Updated on
Tampa, Florida — A commercial passenger jet with 108 people aboard made an emergency landing at Tampa International Airport this afternoon after the pilot radioed he had "major electrical problems," the airport reported.

The Northwest Flight 880 was enroute from Memphis to TIA when the problems occured.

The specific nature of the elctrical problems was not stated, said airport spokesperson Brenda Geohagan. The jet was given priority clearance for an immediate landing.

It landed shortly after four p.m. without incident and taxied to Airside A to deplane, she said. No injuries were reported.
More Problems.

sounds a lot like Dougie's flawless scabs are still doing a fine job there!
I had to write that dreaded letter to my daughters college, the one about any unsual circumstances in your recent life...ie...employment, elder care etc....well in signing, I made sure they told their loved ones, friends, neighbors, co-workers etc...to NOT FLY Northwest as their mechanics are on strike and maintenance of their airplanes are questionable....here goes PROOF.

i know that no one in my family nor any of my friends will fly SCAB AIR! And I do know that my friends wont put pax on any NWA plane as they are at the very least questionable. Well Dougie, I must say you got a helluva maintaince department and they cant even fix a plane!

State News
Originally Posted on
Last Updated on
Once again an aircraft number would be nice. What day did this happen? The story reads "The Northwest Flight 880 was enroute from Memphis to TIA when the problems occured." NWA does not fly to TIA. There is not an aircraft listed as AOS in TIA. A few facts go along way.

Once again an aircraft number would be nice. What day did this happen? The story reads "The Northwest Flight 880 was enroute from Memphis to TIA when the problems occured." NWA does not fly to TIA. There is not an aircraft listed as AOS in TIA. A few facts go along way.

Here's a few facts...
The newspaper article used the code TIA which is the local designation of Tampa International Airport. The universal airline code for Tampa is TPA. The newspaper in Denver frequently uses the code DIA, but if you want to get a flight there you have to use the code DEN.

Northwest not only flies non-stop from MEM to TPA, they fly that route 3 times/day. Flight 880 departs MEM at 1335 and arrives non-stop at TPA at 1623. They also fly non-stop to TPA from IND, DET, and MSP.

You're welcome.

You're right, a few facts do go a long way.

Good thing there are plenty of them to go around here.

Aircraft number? What news stories have you ever read about an emergency landing that include the aircraft number? You're lucky if you get a flight number.

What day did this happen? Read the effing article: "Originally Posted on 4/21/2006 4:45:12 PM" and further on in the article "emergency landing at Tampa International Airport this afternoon"

Oh, and Northwest does fly to TIA. Not TIA (Tirana-Rinas Airport in ALBANIA), but Tampa International Airport (TPA). My guess is that if you would have looked for an AOS at TPA yesterday, you might have found one.

Oddly, NWA's website lists flight 880 to TPA yesterday as "Delayed Due To Taxiway Congestion".

EDIT: Damn jimntx, you beat me to part of it.

Northwest not only flies non-stop from MEM to TPA, they fly that route 3 times/day. Flight 880 departs MEM at 1335 and arrives non-stop at TPA at 1623.
You're welcome.
That sounds a lot better. DTW also has flights to TPA. I thought just the codes alone were bad enough to learn and now they want to have two for the same airport? This sure is a twisted industry. Thanks for the enlightenment. Any chance you have an aircraft number to go with that? Flight numbers do me no good, any aircraft can fly a flight number.

Calm down, the pilot said it had "Major Electrical Problems", I did'nt read anywhere in that report that the tape on the O/B's was letting go.
Just as a wild guess I am going to say it was a DC-9 with a burnt DC Bus or Bus Relay, maybe even both. Creates a horrible smell with a bit of smoke, never heard of one actually stating a fire but I am sure it is possible. Just an occasional quirk of the DC-9. As NASA likes to say "An acceptable risk." or in other terms "A normal failure." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow...your vast knowledge is truly astounding. :lol:
I'm glad you like that local. Glad I could humor you tonight.

i am sure that if you look in the computer the tail number would be there. I know at US, the tail number is in the computer for all of our flts except the DASH, which has a three letter code in it. but check the release and the tail number is in it. it cant be that hard can it? may be for a scab it is too much work!

i am sure that if you look in the computer the tail number would be there. I know at US, the tail number is in the computer for all of our flts except the DASH, which has a three letter code in it. but check the release and the tail number is in it. it cant be that hard can it? may be for a scab it is too much work!
It wasn't a scarebus?
Hmmmm. I remember when those flts were 727's... that's another P.O.S.

Latest posts