Northwest Jet makes emergency landing

Way to go Nec, Scab Air is failing and unsafe, and my non-airline friends and family in the Great White North feel the same as you do. Of course I helped them as much as I could.

Face the music 'Cods, your getting the raw truth about your beloved Scab Air, and it is killing your scab ego. Ouch! :lol:

You can also rest assured if AA had 4 mains blow out on a aircraft, it would have made the news. It happened at Scab Air not once, but twice! A Scab Air aircraft incident is in the news every week now, I hope it doesn't end in tragedy. I will never fly on any Scab Air junk...I will walk first. :huh:

You said: "I will walk first."

If you fly NW you might be one of the passengers who has to complete his trip on a bus. This has happened too many times and is just plain (or plane) old unacceptable.

NW left me in Tokyo so long that I was beginning to like cold noodles for breakfast and flute music. I even began to feel xenophobic and loved everthing that was Japanese. :)

You said: "I will walk first."

If you fly NW you might be one of the passengers who has to complete his trip on a bus. This has happened too many times and is just plain (or plane) old unacceptable.

NW left me in Tokyo so long that I was beginning to like cold noodles for breakfast and flute music. I even began to feel xenophobic and loved everthing that was Japanese. :)
Wow, I couldn't immagine being stuck over the pond like that. I've never seen that happen, except small junk airlines with no spare aircraft, and of course Scab Air.

I hope you found a better carrier, well, you really can't get much worse than Scab Air since the AMFA strike began.

I really don't think you will see Scab Air come out of BK, its just about over. My opinion of course. ;)

Wow, I couldn't immagine being stuck over the pond like that. I've never seen that happen, except small junk airlines with no spare aircraft, and of course Scab Air.

I hope you found a better carrier, well, you really can't get much worse than Scab Air since the AMFA strike began.

I really don't think you will see Scab Air come out of BK, its just about over. My opinion of course. ;)

If you think that former NW employees are the only people who have had more than enough of NW...GUESS AGAIN!

All passengers out of MSP want is a REAL airline. All shareholders want is THEIR MONEY! All Chris Byrd wants is to get the hell out of Germany. LOL

Who's Chris Byrd?
Search How do I find it? Most popular on site | Subscribe to paper

Home News Travel Money Sports Life Tech Weather Boxing Inside Sports

Sections
Baseball
Boxing
College football
College men's
basketball
College women's
basketball
College sports, other
Cycling
Golf
High schools

Hockey
Horse racing
Motor sports
Olympic sports
Pro basketball
Pro football
Soccer
Tennis
WNBA
Essentials
Briefs
Columnists
Game matchups
Live odds
Sagarin ratings
Scores
Sheridan's odds
Sports index
Transactions
TV listings

Shopping Buy/Sell a Car Find a Job Find a Date Real Estate

What's this?

Buy and sell tickets to premium and sold out events

Search by events or regions:
Location Select a region Atlanta Baltimore Boston Buffalo California North California South Chicago Cleveland Dallas Denver Detroit Houston Indianapolis Kansas City Las Vegas Miami Milwaukee Minneapolis New Orleans New York Metro Orlando Philadelphia Phoenix Pittsburgh Portland,ME Portland,OR Raleigh-Durham Salt Lake City San Antonio Seattle St. Louis Syracuse Tampa Bay Toronto Washington D.C.

Genre Select a sport Baseball NBA NCAA Coll Basketball Football NCAA Football NASCAR Golf Tennis More Sports Tickets

Ticket holders:
Looking to sell tickets quick? Register now.

Klitschko takes IBF heavyweight belt from Byrd
Updated 4/23/2006 4:48 AM ET E-mail | Save | Print | Subscribe to stories like this

Enlarge By Alexander Heimann, Getty Images

Wladimir Klitschko pounded Chris Byrd, left, ending Byrd's four-year reign as IBF heavyweight champ.

BERLIN (AP) — Wladimir Klitschko refused to let the rematch with Chris Byrd go the distance.
The Ukrainian stopped Byrd in the seventh round of a one-sided fight Saturday to gain the IBF heavyweight title.

Klitschko's right hook finished off the American 41 seconds into the round, the second time Byrd was floored in the fight.

The rematch was similar to their first encounter in October 2000. Byrd also lost that bout, although he survived two knockdowns on his way to losing a 12-round decision.

This time around, Klitschko — executing trainer Emanuel Steward's strategy flawlessly — finished off Byrd early. It began in the third round when Byrd, dropping his hands for a second, took a pair of hard left-right combinations from the 6-foot-6 Klitschko which shook him up.

"It was like a musician playing notes," Klitschko said. "Everything we trained worked."

After the fight, Klitschko first went to speak to his beaten rival, then to Byrd's trainer and father, Joe.

"He should be proud — I have never seen anybody take that much punishment and come back," Klitschko said. "They are a great family."

In the fifth round, Byrd climbed to his feet after being knocked down then withstood a barrage of shots. He took a beating for more than a minute as 14,500 spectators roared until Klitschko backed off. Byrd waved his gloves at Klitschko, telling his opponent to come at him.

"He's a fighter with a big, big heart," Klitschko said. "But he provoked me."

Byrd, 35, of Flint, Mich., had made four successful defenses of the belt he won from Evander Holyfield in 2002. His was the longest reign of the four heavyweight champions.

"I never hit him, not the way he hit me," Byrd said. "I was just so pumped up for the fight, it got the better of me. If I had to do it again, I would go in there with a different strategy, but Wladimir will be hard to beat. He is very talented for a big man."

Byrd said he will have to decide if he wants to continue his career. He was taken to the hospital after the postfight news conference for X-rays on his swollen face.

"I will talk to the wife," he said. "I enjoy this a lot — of course, not when you're pounded like that."

Klitschko (46-3, 41 KOs) has now resurrected his career. After being knocked out by Corrie Sanders and Lamon Brewster, he started his comeback by beating favored Nigerian Samuel Peter in October.

"It is very important to know both sides," said Klitschko, 30. "I enjoyed a lot of success in my early years, then come the tough years."

Byrd acknowledged that Steward, who has trained more than 30 world champions, put together a smart plan for Klitschko. During the first fight, the Ukrainian used his 6-inch height advantage and jabbed from outside until Byrd's eye swelled shut.

Since then, the 6-foot Byrd has beaten big men such as Andrew Golota and Jameel McCline. Steward this time around had Klitschko use his left arm to keep Byrd off balance.

"Byrd didn't fight Wladimir, he fought his left arm. He never saw the rights coming," Steward said.

Klitschko became the third fighter from the former Soviet Union to win a heavyweight title in four months. Russian Nikolai Valuev took John Ruiz's WBA belt and Sergei Liakhovich of Belarus won Brewster's WBO crown. That leaves Hasim Rashman as the only American champion.

"I don't care where people come from; it is not important to me," Klitschko said. "If you are good, people will like you; if you are not, they won't. It is simple."

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Posted 4/22/2006 6:54 PM ET
Updated 4/23/2006 4:48 AM ET E-mail | Save | Print | Subscribe to stories like this

Newspaper Home Delivery - Subscribe Today
Home • News • Travel • Money • Sports • Life • Tech • Weather

About USA TODAY.com: Site Map | FAQ | Contact Us | Jobs with Us
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Right | Media Kit | Press Room
News Your Way: Mobile News | Email News | Add USA TODAY.com RSS feeds
Partners: USA Weekend | Sports Weekly | Education | Space.com

Copyright 2006 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co. Inc.

On domestic flights I fly AA mostly. They're good at performing ontime and cheap seats are easily purchased online. I also feel safe on AA aircraft.
necrophilias, first I would just like to say thank you for choosing AA and IMO flying the Best maintained fleet in the world.

PTO is a lowly SCAB who could'nt get on with an airline thru the front door, so he crawled thru the back. He has only worked contract maintenance and has no clue how superior In-house maint. is compared to those hack shop third party dumps. what he fails to understand is that many of us cut our teeth in aviation at these same Shet holes that he boast of being of equal standard and quality.

He's a LIAR

I left for the airlines as soon as I had the necessary experience to be hired, and never looked back. Trust me when I say the law of average will meet its mark, and with PTO's over inflated ego and care free attitude he could very well find himself in the cross hairs.

PTO is a lowly SCAB who could'nt get on with an airline thru the front door, so he crawled thru the back. He has only worked contract maintenance and has no clue how superior In-house maint. is compared to those hack shop third party dumps. what he fails to understand is that many of us cut our teeth in aviation at these same Shet holes that he boast of being of equal standard and quality.

I left for the airlines as soon as I had the necessary experience to be hired, and never looked back. Trust me when I say the law of average will meet its mark, and with PTO's over inflated ego and care free attitude he could very well find himself in the cross hairs.
There are indeed some dumps out there the worst I have found being Mobile with San Antonio being a close second. The problem I have with your statement though local is that they are full of furloughed airline mechanics. :lol: I am not so sure about most of you guys cutting your teeth there. I think most of you got in through the Brother-in-law system. I guess they will be superior mechanics again when they return to a union shop. B)

Might I also add that NWA is ahead of AA in the DOT performance stats.

There are indeed some dumps out there the worst I have found being Mobile with San Antonio being a close second. The problem I have with your statement though local is that they are full of furloughed airline mechanics. :lol: I am not so sure about most of you guys cutting your teeth there. I think most of you got in through the Brother-in-law system. I guess they will be superior mechanics again when they return to a union shop. B)

Yeah, I bet you been at all the dumps 'Cods. Not one of my ex-NWA friends returned to the aircraft industry, not one of them scabbed. Most of us that have been at the majors for years got here because our training, and work history. Unlike you, who couldn't get on at Scab Air until they needed to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Does the DOT have a stat for stranding passengers and emergency landings? Scab Air is on top there too. :huh:

...Unlike you, who couldn't get on at Scab Air until they needed to scrape the bottom of the barrel.
More union propaganda being spewed. I have never applied for an airline job and the only reason I took this one is because it was offered and a bit of goading from you.

Does the DOT have a stat for stranding passengers and emergency landings? Scab Air is on top there too. :huh:
:lol: I sure would be interested in a compilation of ODI's on all the airlines.

HUH? Where NW is really ahead of AA is scoring the highest numbers on the MISERY INDEX! I don't give a rip what your boss tells you about NW stats, NW SUCKS! I know because I got rid of NW and one of the airlines I now use is AA which is far superior.

The DOT hasn't produced credible numbers for years. Nobody who has tried to use their stats would ever believe them.

Now for matters of clarity I wish to compare the NW workplace to the AA workplace (at least AC Maint. Depts.). AA has long established and well trained mechanics. NW has strays that were rounded up prior to and during the current strike. THERE IS NO WAY THAT THESE TWO MAINT. DEPTS. ARE EQUAL! NO WAY!

HUH? Where NW is really ahead of AA is scoring the highest numbers on the MISERY INDEX! I don't give a rip what your boss tells you about NW stats, NW SUCKS! I know because I got rid of NW and one of the airlines I now use is AA which is far superior.

The DOT hasn't produced credible numbers for years. Nobody who has tried to use their stats would ever believe them.

Now for matters of clarity I wish to compare the NW workplace to the AA workplace (at least AC Maint. Depts.). AA has long established and well trained mechanics. NW has strays that were rounded up prior to and during the current strike. THERE IS NO WAY THAT THESE TWO MAINT. DEPTS. ARE EQUAL! NO WAY!
I believe that filthy low down dirty rotten smelling scab meant to say is that NWA is in the top performance for Emergence landings, stranding pax, on time being delayed due to SHODDY MAINTAINCE, and number one SCABS maintaining what ever is left of NWA

The problem I have with your statement though local is that they are full of furloughed airline mechanics. :lol: I am not so sure about most of you guys cutting your teeth there. I think most of you got in through the Brother-in-law system.

I have my doubts about that SCABBY, and if it were the case they are desperate fools just like you.

I got my job at the majors thru experience and persaverence, when i hired they still had a Nepotism rule in place which blows your brother-in-law system apart.

Face it SCABBY you did'nt have the basic requirements to be hired in the good times, as hackman said they had to scrape the bottom to find you!.. :D

I have my doubts about that SCABBY, and if it were the case they are desperate fools just like you.

I got my job at the majors thru experience and persaverence, when i hired they still had a Nepotism rule in place which blows your brother-in-law system apart.

Face it SCABBY you did'nt have the basic requirements to be hired in the good times, as hackman said they had to scrape the bottom to find you!.. :D
They probably had to scrape the bottom twice to find him. :lol: :lol:

More union propaganda being spewed. I have never applied for an airline job and the only reason I took this one is because it was offered and a bit of goading from you.
:lol:

More SCAB lies being regurgitated...!

Are you saying without hesitantcy that you were employed at SCAB Air without a formal employment application? Are you so naieve to expect sane people to believe such rubbish?

Pal the more you post, the more Im convinced you have a screw or two loose.

Latest posts