Northwest Jet makes emergency landing

As NASA likes to say "An acceptable risk." or in other terms "A normal failure." :lol: :lol: :lol:
There was nothing "acceptable" or "normal" about the loss of the Challenger or Columbia and the Crews, in fact both Disasters were very much Preventable. Truth of the matter is corners were cut for political/budget reasons and 14 astronauts paid the ultimate price, along with the loss of two Orbiters, each with a price tag close to two billion dollars.

You always downplay incidents and like to use the term " normal failures" alot. parts do fail without a doubt, thats why time limits, Inspections, parameters, overhauls are so crucial and meant to avert the potential failure. prevention and safety go hand in hand, when corners are cut and cost come into play, you have just eliminated that safety net.

Airline disasters are rare but when they do happen the results are usually catastrophic, what worries me is this general overall false sense that outsourcing is just as good but cheaper. the Government, and the airlines both point to the fact that with the recent years being the least accident prone as proof., well we better all hope they're right for once. As they say "Even a blind squirrel finds an Acorn every now and then"

There was nothing "acceptable" or "normal" about the loss of the Challenger or Columbia and the Crews, in fact both Disasters were very much Preventable. Truth of the matter is corners were cut for political/budget reasons and 14 astronauts paid the ultimate price, along with the loss of two Orbiters, each with a price tag close to two billion dollars.

You always downplay incidents and like to use the term " normal failures" alot. parts do fail without a doubt, thats why time limits, Inspections, parameters, overhauls are so crucial and meant to avert the potential failure. prevention and safety go hand in hand, when corners are cut and cost come into play, you have just eliminated that safety net.

Airline disasters are rare but when they do happen the results are usually catastrophic, what worries me is this general overall false sense that outsourcing is just as good but cheaper. the Government, and the airlines both point to the fact that with the recent years being the least accident prone as proof., well we better all hope they're right for once. As they say "Even a blind squirrel finds an Acorn every now and then"
you are absolutely right Local. Those tragedies were very preventable. As in the case of NWA, as much as I hate to say it, I believe that an accident may be coming with the way the shoddy maintaince is. Before hand, I would have flown on them. But since the strike, NWA is an unsafe airline. Third party maintaince was the main factor in the crash of USAIRWAYS EXPRESS/AIR MIDWEST flight at CLT in January of 2003. So PTO if you want to say that it was normal, man you need some serious help.

Ah...S-A-F-E-T-Y or lack of is the apparent concern. How I wish that we the flying public could replace NW at the MSP hub with an airline that I'm not affraid to fly on. The best chance of this happening is resting with the possibility of NW being liquidated. NW does a terrible job of providing safe air transport. Look at the number of flight problems I've linked to this site recently.

Safety...here lies the crux of the problem. I changed airlines to avoid NW saftey issues. Frequent flyers don't need the NW crap. NW is bad for flyers, employees and investors.

Boycott NW!

you are absolutely right Local. Those tragedies were very preventable. As in the case of NWA, as much as I hate to say it, I believe that an accident may be coming with the way the shoddy maintaince is. Before hand, I would have flown on them. But since the strike, NWA is an unsafe airline. Third party maintaince was the main factor in the crash of USAIRWAYS EXPRESS/AIR MIDWEST flight at CLT in January of 2003. So PTO if you want to say that it was normal, man you need some serious help.

NW does a terrible job of providing safe air transport. Look at the number of flight problems I've linked to this site recently.
You have some well founded valid reasons to be concerned about flying with a carrier who chooses to outsource its Maintenance to the lowest bidder,and hiring replacements who consider weekly air interrupts and emergency landings as "Normal Failures" and "acceptable risks".

Unfortunately, I would'nt expect much action to be taken until there's a smoking hole in the ground with aircraft and human remains scattered over several acres.

Im sure you've heard the FAA referred to as the "Tombstone Agency"!

Unfortunately, a day when the nightly news anchor starts off with "We are sad to report tonight"..... Only then will the FAA take any action, and then it will be minor. The are bought by rogue airlines like Scab Air....as is most of the government, bought by big money. NMB is another. :down:

Unfortunately, a day when the nightly news anchor starts off with "We are sad to report tonight"..... Only then will the FAA take any action, and then it will be minor. The are bought by rogue airlines like Scab Air....as is most of the government, bought by big money. NMB is another. :down:
Big surprise that Dougie there use to work for FAA as an legal counsul....... <_<

You guys continue to point the finger at outsourcing as being a safety issue. It is no more or less a safety issue than your own facilities are. You guys are simply playing the safety card because you are upset that these jobs are moving outside of your beloved union boundaries. NWA just happens to be in the spotlight here so you guys are blowing everything out of proportion. How many tires has AA had blow since the beginning of the year? I would be willing to bet as many if not mare than NWA. Do you hear about it? No. Why? Because no one cares. An A/C roles in and you guys change it and kick the bird out. Business as usual.

You guys continue to point the finger at outsourcing as being a safety issue. It is no more or less a safety issue than your own facilities are. You guys are simply playing the safety card because you are upset that these jobs are moving outside of your beloved union boundaries. NWA just happens to be in the spotlight here so you guys are blowing everything out of proportion. How many tires has AA had blow since the beginning of the year? I would be willing to bet as many if not mare than NWA. Do you hear about it? No. Why? Because no one cares. An A/C roles in and you guys change it and kick the bird out. Business as usual.

Since I'm a former NW frequent flyer who has opted to leave NW for safety concerns and lack of schedule integrity I would strongly disagree with you. NW has aggrevated me beyond belief! This being the reason that I post so many reports of NW flight problems.

NW has far more problems with safety and schedule integrity that NW used to. Why in the hell do you think that I've opted to connect in Chicago and stay off NW? NW has left me stranded in Tokyo before and they will never and I mean NEVER do it again. NW has become such a disgusting airline that I wish they would go out of business and get replaced by an airline that is run by REAL AIRLINE PEOPLE! Since you have such limited experience at a major airline you might not understand the details of this but I can assure you that I as a long time frequent flyer and business man do. 'NUFF SAID!

So who do you fly now Necro?

On domestic flights I fly AA mostly. They're good at performing ontime and cheap seats are easily purchased online. I also feel safe on AA aircraft.

Since leaving NW on my Pacific flights I mainly fly on EVA. EVA has mostly U.S. trained pilots, a newer fleet of 747-400s, wonderful flight crews, more large seats than NW would ever offer and good schedule integrity. By using EVA I can also avoid the friggin' Tokyo nightmare.

Outsourcing to a third party scabs is a major safety issue because of the lack of the TOMBSTONE AGENCY called the FAA.
Also if you got time to read one of my posts earlier in this thread, a crash of AIR MIDWEST/USAIRWAYS EXPRESS in CLT on Jan 8 2003 that killed all 21 on board was caused by THIRD PARTY FAILURE to PROPERLY fix the Tail Assembly unit that connected to the ELEVATORS. A contributing factor was casued by more weight in the AFT section of the Beech 1900. When will you ever learn that all it takes is just one little mistake to cause a plane to crash? Right NoW NWA, aka SCAB AIR is a DISASTER waiting to happen. WHY you may ask? Because of the shoddy maintaince on their planes

Since I'm a former NW frequent flyer who has opted to leave NW for safety concerns and lack of schedule integrity I would strongly disagree with you. NW has aggrevated me beyond belief! This being the reason that I post so many reports of NW flight problems.

NW has far more problems with safety and schedule integrity that NW used to. Why in the hell do you think that I've opted to connect in Chicago and stay off NW? NW has left me stranded in Tokyo before and they will never and I mean NEVER do it again. NW has become such a disgusting airline that I wish they would go out of business and get replaced by an airline that is run by REAL AIRLINE PEOPLE! Since you have such limited experience at a major airline you might not understand the details of this but I can assure you that I as a long time frequent flyer and business man do. 'NUFF SAID!
Way to go Nec, Scab Air is failing and unsafe, and my non-airline friends and family in the Great White North feel the same as you do. Of course I helped them as much as I could.

Face the music 'Cods, your getting the raw truth about your beloved Scab Air, and it is killing your scab ego. Ouch! :lol:

You can also rest assured if AA had 4 mains blow out on a aircraft, it would have made the news. It happened at Scab Air not once, but twice! A Scab Air aircraft incident is in the news every week now, I hope it doesn't end in tragedy. I will never fly on any Scab Air junk...I will walk first. :huh:

Latest posts