Northwest Says It Will Fly With Scabs

We explained to the company that they have done so much damage to our members that many of them now prefer a stroke or bankruptcy as alternatives to voluntary sacrifices," Mathews wrote.

:blink: Who prefers to have a stroke? :lol:

I have never seen a company bent on destroying its workers. At every turn, NW management screwed its employees, it seems they enjoy the bloodshed.

Julie Hagen Showers has her panties in a knot.

AMFA take 'em down! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Why is NW dependent on 5000 of its employees taking paycuts for it's sole survival? What ever happened to gound service? F/a's? Management? Pilots? Seems like all OTHER employees should also, not just mechanics.

lpbrian said:
Why is NW dependent on 5000 of its employees taking paycuts for it's sole survival? What ever happened to gound service? F/a's? Management? Pilots? Seems like all OTHER employees should also, not just mechanics.
[post="279369"][/post]​

lp,

They don't just want money from the mechanics. NWA wants cuts from all groups. So far only the pilots have agreed to amended terms and the company has said they are tired of the waiting game from the other groups. The company is hiring scabs to replace the mechanics and the flight attendants. The company also say they will not shut the airline down like they did during the pilots strike a couple of years ago.

The easiest target to get the strike started is the mechanics due to the RailRoad Labor Act and where they are with negotiations. They are the closest group to getting released for the 30 day cooling off period. Once that occurs, sans an agreement the company will allow them to call a strike and send in the replacements. Would suspect that NW files CH11 concurrent with the strike if not sooner.

The company will get the cuts either via a strike or via the 1113 process of the BK code. The posturing here by the vocal minority is just sour grapes. They will surely walk off the job versus accepting anything other than full pay to the last day.

Northworst is living the dream.

magsau said:
lp,

They don't just want money from the mechanics. NWA wants cuts from all groups. So far only the pilots have agreed to amended terms and the company has said they are tired of the waiting game from the other groups. The company is hiring scabs to replace the mechanics and the flight attendants. The company also say they will not shut the airline down like they did during the pilots strike a couple of years ago.

The easiest target to get the strike started is the mechanics due to the RailRoad Labor Act and where they are with negotiations. They are the closest group to getting released for the 30 day cooling off period. Once that occurs, sans an agreement the company will allow them to call a strike and send in the replacements. Would suspect that NW files CH11 concurrent with the strike if not sooner.

The company will get the cuts either via a strike or via the 1113 process of the BK code. The posturing here by the vocal minority is just sour grapes. They will surely walk off the job versus accepting anything other than full pay to the last day.

Northworst is living the dream.
[post="279398"][/post]​
Well magsau, I guess you've got it all figured out. Since your so smart when it comes to NW's affairs and how things are going to play out. How about taking a crack at your own company's "sad state" of affairs and give us your well educated guess to this question: When the hell is UA going to figure out how to stop the bleeding $$$$$$ and get out of BK ???????? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Red Tail Bear said:
Well magsau, I guess you've got it all figured out. Since your so smart when it comes to NW's affairs and how things are going to play out. How about taking a crack at your own company's "sad state" of affairs and give us your well educated guess to this question: When the hell is UA going to figure out how to stop the bleeding $$$$$$ and get out of BK ???????? :huh: :huh: :huh:
[post="279459"][/post]​

Stop the bleeding? Who in the industry other than LUV is making money with oil at $60? If oil can return to a more rational level I think UA will be just fine. Of course that is my opinion and of course I am a homer. UA has been able to get is cost structure low enough to compete quite well with JBLU and LUV. With the addition of the pursuit of outside investors I think UA is attractive to a buyer.

I pretty much summed up my thoughts on the NW situation but if you want to hear them again. If labor does not cave the company will allow the strike, declare CH11 and fly the schedule with scabs. The Bush administration is not labor friendly so the scabs will become permanent replacement workers.

If the unions cave the airline will bounce along just out of BK. If no pension funding relief is found then NW will file and start the process of dumping the pensions. Also, when and if they go to Bk you can forget about new aircraft deliveries. So the choice is up to labor. You guys will get your say soon enough.

flyhigh said:
Northworst is a name a lot of customers use the describe NW as well.
[post="279492"][/post]​

The winter of their discontent that led to the investigative reports and the pax bill or rights. We have NW to thank for that. Also, the lack of IFE in the domestic market is absolutely amazing. Charging for pretzels? Sounds like my choice for full service carrier. LOL

Unfortunate to see more joining the ranks of name calling. Perhaps it's time to go back to your United Airlines forum.

Magsau,Jun 28 2005, 08:35 PM]

YOU WROTE :
"They don't just want money from the mechanics. NWA wants cuts from all groups. So far only the pilots have agreed to amended terms and the company has said they are tired of the waiting game from the other groups. The company is hiring scabs to replace the mechanics and the flight attendants. "Northworst is living the dream"

magsau,
You are correct on some of the things you write. The pilots did take concessions. Yet 2 months later obtained a RAISE. And they earn the most of any Pilot group, even AFTER their concession.

Regarding your comment about NWA's "waiting game" . Our ( F/A's) contract became amendable 01JUNE05. So ?????? NWA tired of waiting ?? 3 weeks ???

Yes, NWA is advertising, and hiring. NWA has to. Due to natural attrition. ( Resignations, retirees, Fired, Deaths ) We lost over 1300 FA's since 9/11. And this is the same thing that happened after the last Gulf war.
We are expanding in Asia, and some new destinations in US. Stock still on the + side.

I have friends at UAL. I do not wish ill on UAL , or any other carrier. However.
Consider this. You say UAL is emerging from the big BK. And forsee NWA going INTO it. Then you should be very concerned. With NWA under the protection, and NOT having to pay any bills. Where do you think UAL will stand paying full fare for a change ?

Now, regarding your Northworst ? comment.. grow-up.

Saturdaynite

Latest posts